[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /diy/ I want to do a painting/drawing of pic related. I only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: gud.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
gud.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
Hi /diy/

I want to do a painting/drawing of pic related.
I only have 'til monday to do so, the problem is I have absolutely no skill in painting/drawing... Any advices to make it look good ?
>>
>>970550
>I want to do something
>I have extreme time pressure
>I have no skill
You're fucked, anon. It's not possible.
>>
>>970550
Try drawing it. A lot. Then choose the best one, then try to make it better. Choose the best one again. Then keep going, until you find an almost satisfying (but not quite) drawing, and present that to your art teacher.

Conversely you can just pass a Photoshop filter for drawifying it, then trace that shit.

I have a feeling you will ask about the second option.
>>
>>970552
Not for art class, I'm drawing for the grill I like (we spent hours on that spot in pic related) since I know she loves drawing/painting
>I have a feeling you will ask about the second option
Go on please Anon
>>
>>970553
draw a shit painting will win 1000x points from the grill than a photo fucking shop
>>
>>970556
Yeah you're right... Heard about the grid method. Is it the most efficient way for someone like me ?
>>
The art/creative boards would be much better suited to answer this than /diy/.
>>
>>970557
If you are really aiming to charm a grill, lets get this straight, if you are clueless about drawing or art, the grid method will not do you any good, in fact, you are guaranteed to make an inaccurate painting or drawing, (notice I used inaccurate, not bad or poor) so the strategy here is how to make it a shit painting still being lovely, and that is what you should try to do, just go and get some thick paper, sketch (literally just a couple of lines) the scene on it and dont worry about accurate or nice or straight or whatever, and then color it in with some paint (acrylic is fine). Literally anything will do, just look at the most famous abtract paintings, just fucking patches of paint, the key is when you give it to the grill, you have to say "I did this for you" or "I thought about that time we were together the whole time" or some shit like that, the painting literally doesnt matter. If she isnt a massive cunt and you two are reasonably close so this wont be creepy, she will appreciate your effort. (but don't spend more than a couple hours to make this)
>>
You could ask her if she wants to draw the picture together with you
So the both of yiu having a date at least and you might learn how to draw
>>
>>970568
This anon gets it

OP you only have 3-4 days... You won't make any miracle, your painting will be shit.
It can be a cute shit tho, so try something to grace that shit and don't forget, the most important thing is what you'll say when you'll give it
>>
>>970550
Can you channel Bob Ross?
>>
Of course there are technics like Bob Ross shows
And they are simple to learn even for people who never draw
But for these technics you need special equipment! Very good and expensiv high quality colours
Otherwise it will still look bad
>>
File: 1459430758424_FotoSketcher 2.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1459430758424_FotoSketcher 2.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>OP wants to do something
>Has no skill to do it
>Has no resources to do it
>Has no idea how to do it
>Has no time to learn
>Has no patients to learn
>Just wants it now without any effort on his part

Well looks like you have three options, cheat and use a computer program to do it, draw some shitty thing to the best of your abilities and utilities, or don't do it and just tell your slut that you can't do it.
>>
Kill yourself.
Sincerely, - /ic/.
>>
>>970550
srs reply::::::
go somewhere that sells cheap reading glasses, try some on starting with the weaker ones.

find a pair that makes everything at a distance fuzzy, and buy them. and wear them when you (try to) paint.

the main problem that non-artist people have when they try to draw, is that they fixate on trying to get tiny details correct.
if you wear glasses to make your vision fuzzy, you won't make that mistake since you can't really see the details.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.