[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever hung drywall perpendicular to a bare concrete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: drywallincoming.jpg (619 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
drywallincoming.jpg
619 KB, 1024x768
Has anyone ever hung drywall perpendicular to a bare concrete wall? I've hung my fair share but it's always been angled to other drywall surfaces so this is alien to me. Should I just leave a small gap between the concrete and the drywall edge similar to the one on the floor?

I'm sure this is frowned upon but is there a protocol for it?
>>
>>970241
>leave a small gap
probably
also dpm
>>
>>970241
A gap is necessary. Anything touching the concrete/block wall has the chance of drawing moisture.
>>
Hold it up off the floor a half inch, and if the wood is treated the moister won't rot out the wood.
>>
You need to seal the block wall and put up a vapor barrier.

I would use green board or yellow board.
>>
You need to leave a little space between the materials, because everything is reacting different when it heat up or getting cold.
>>
>>970241
you already messed up by putting the bottom plate directly on concrete. nothing should touch concrete or block. leave a gap AND seal the block
>>
>>971085

Daisy...you're one dumb cunt, as its perfectly fine for the bottom plate to lie directly on the concrete floor...would maybe have been better if it had been pt, or a layer of vapor barrier underneigth, but it's fine as is...
>>
You need to use pressure treated wood if it touches the concrete. This is code in the US, so the construction in OPs pic would not pass inspection.
Leave a gap between the floor and the drywall so it wont wick moisture.
>>
>>971117
>This is code in the US, so the construction in OPs pic would not pass inspection.

Looks treated to me
>>
File: nutbuster.jpg (13 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
nutbuster.jpg
13 KB, 300x400
>>971117
rick the new usa pressure treated wood looks a lot like regular wood.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 308x164) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 308x164
Why didn't you use vapour board and plasterboard adhesive? would've saved you having to put up baton to screw the board onto.
>>
>>971093
>>971117

I can see the green treat in the thumbnail

>diy up some glasses
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 224x224
>>971615
Sorry wrong pic you want to use the moisture resistant stuff not the vapour panel.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.