[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/ I'm making a tail tidy kit for my motorcycle (
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Undertail02.jpg (223 KB, 750x498) Image search: [Google]
Undertail02.jpg
223 KB, 750x498
Hey /diy/
I'm making a tail tidy kit for my motorcycle ( gw250).

I was wondering if some of you might be able to give me some inspiration on how to mount the indicator LEDS.
I've got some loose amber leds and resistors, I just need to mount them in a way that looks nice.

Anyone have experience with this?

>pic related is a kit that costs around 90USD
>>
id just put em as a vertical line on each side but thats something that depends on your own taste.
i take it that having the indicators that stick out are out of the question?
>>
>>970017
I'd design out a proper mount and 3d print it. If you don't have a 3d printer, there are services that will print your object and ship it to you, or just let you pick it up locally.
>>
>>970017
i'd buy the kit. honestly once you start fucking around its going to cost more and somebody has already done the hard yards.

also police get kinda buttmad about stuff like diy vehicle mods. especially since its a safety issue.
>>
Find a local plastics fab firm and ask if you can root around in their offcuts bin. Find some nice thick clear or fogged perspex.

cut into whatever shape you want. drill holes and glue leds into one edge and wire up.

nice edge lit custom indicators for peanuts. stack another thick strip ontop for brake lights. if you get a little cross contamination of light, use kitchen foil as the sandwhich filling.

perspex is easy to cut, drill, shape etc.
>>
File: download (12).png (50 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
download (12).png
50 KB, 600x900
>>970052
light lenses are made with polycarbonate
perspex will chip, shatter and scratch easily.
>>
>>970054
True but cheap to replace and the same firm will probably have polycarb offcuts in their waste box as well. I've picked up masses of stuff just for the price of asking (actually a case of beer now because I've had so much). I even scored a 2400x1200 sheet of bright red 6mm perspex because it was a different shade to the others they had in stock.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.