[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /DIY/, Does anybody here know anything about Night Club
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
Hello /DIY/, Does anybody here know anything about Night Club Design?
I recently inherited one and i dont know how the fuck i can make it look good.
Pic related, will upload more.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>969234
>inherited one and i dont know how the fuck

then get rid of, before you get raped - decor be the least of your worries ;) Where/size? Pics empty with (normal) lighting be better also.
>>
>>969234

I've designed lighting systems for night clubs and can probably answer technical questions, but "make it look good" is more a question for /fa/. They have decor/ decorating type threads, not just clothing.

Your DJ booth can't be just a table. You've got to hide the legs and feet. It's a super important rule for some reason.
>>
>>969234
Make it a gay club, seriously
>>
>>969234
Just don't make stupid decisions in relation to fire stuff. You don't want you ass lynched after some dumbass installed something in a emergency exit or locked it and a fire happens.
>>969314
This. My lesbo friend dragged me to a semi-lgbt club (I hate clubbing) and it's insane how easy is to rip off people. They'll pay 4x more for any product and never give 2 shits as long as they are in a club and there is shiny stuff. Specially gays.
>>
File: img-thing_imad.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing_imad.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>969330
>any product
are you a drug dealer
>>
>>969332
No but I sold vitamins passing as ecstasy twice for the big, dumb, annoying kind of guys that went to the club to pull chicks by the hair (literally wtf, and it's a lgbt thing so 80% are lesbos) and be stupid and obnoxious. Keks were had.
By any product I mean really.. any. Fucking water costs 4 times more than the outside.
>>
File: img-thing.png (54 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54 KB, 300x300
>>969330
>>969334
kek literally everything you said also applies to the country of Australia
>>
>>969336
[not spoilered] It's brazil; Here in Floripa there is a club for poor people , that save money for years, to play rich for a while and use lots of ectasy and drugs, take pics in boats with roidbeast women and all that tough. The other clubs are smaller and a firehazard hell, the LGBT one I mentioned was a 3 storey whore house turned into club that used to be cool but now normies (dumb stupid people) infest it. [not spoilered]
>>
>>969330
The thing with regular clubs, if it isnt the up to date trendy place, regular people arent going to show up.
You are talking about revamping the club every couple years before it gets passe'

Gay clubs arent like that, they dont require being trendy and have a lot more staying power. Your gay clientele also grow a lot more loyal to the club than random heteros
>>
>>969340
Well here the one I mentioned now spread to 3 cities (including SP which is a huge oportunity). They made partnership with the local universities's (?) Student representation clubs so every semester some of the freshmen events would be there. I don't know it's easier to keep a club running than other business but it's way harder to expand.
>>
>>969234
I have night clubed many designs
>>
>>969344
Running a night club is a monster. If you have no experience then you will fail. Experienced managers often fail. Have you ever managed a bar? Have you ever managed an entertainment venue? If you answered no to even one of those then you are not qualified to to run a nightclub. They are a beast onto their own.
>>
>>969636
I have run 2 clubs before, but they were fully equiped and im a dj myself so i know how shit goes down, im just not creative, and i have a very short budget so thats why i was asking /diy/
>>
I'm just going to blurt out some shit.

1) Make sure you have an adequate "rake" if you have a stage and that the stage has a reasonable elevation.

2) Fencing outside, so the band doesn't get their shit stolen.

3) Think about handicap accessibility. Get a piece of shit wheelchair and wobble around the place some.

4) Is this a performing venue? Look up other clubs -- often their website lists a lot of the equipment they have available, their stage dimensions, etc. Sometimes that information is hidden and only given to bands, sometimes not.

5) Flow. People move around. They go out for a smoke, they go for a drink, they go for a piss, they go to the merch table if a band is there. Figure out how you want people to flow around.

6) Gay joint around here used to rent out one floor to the goths every so often, they'd do a quick-change on the place. Lights, artwork, etc.
>>
>>969234
There's this guy, used to be a fairly visible programmer back in the 90s, Jamie Zawinski. He had cachet because he worked at Netscape. Of all places, haha.

He now runs a bar/nightclub/music venue in San Francisco. It's called DNA Lounge.

He posts about a lot of stuff that isn't relevant to you (happenings, pictures from shows, etc). But he also posts about renovations, navigating local government, dealing with customer issues, customer usage patterns, etc.

Check it out.

dnalounge.com/backstage/log/
>>
I would try and make it into a more dedicated venue for live bands with a good bar, you'll draw in less fags and trashy bitches. Where I live there's a better local music scene without enough decent venues and to many gay ass clubs already competing with each other. But in most places that isn't the more profitable route.

The major concern I'd have is that the place looks cramped as fuck. I'd also try and rent it out for things during the day as long as you can have it set back up for when it opens at night.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.