[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get started on building a paintball tank? Are there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 575x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 575x325
How do I get started on building a paintball tank? Are there any guides to what I'm trying to do?
>>
I'm thinking of something like strapping an engine to a shopping cart or something
>>
File: A7V_Wotan2.jpg (631 KB, 1232x863) Image search: [Google]
A7V_Wotan2.jpg
631 KB, 1232x863
>>968652
I'd base it off a go-kart or a custom built frame.

Depending on how heavy it is i think any standard 50cc scooter engine will do.

For the hull make a rectangular frame and put sheet metal around it.

Pretty much to the same for the turret, just leave a hole to put the marker in.

Similar to this, only smaller.
>>
>>968648
If you live up north. You can find snow mobiles for cheap. And make sorta a half track. Replace the sleds with wheels. And just cover the thing in like 3/32" thick steel plate.
>>
>>968652
>engine to a shopping cart
cheating as fuck. pedal power or gtfo
two people two bikes, one per side as typical tread steering goes.
>>
>>968660
>>
It's fucking paintball, just use plywood.
>>
>>968674
correction; make sure to get "tactical plywood"

it makes a big different
>>
>>968648

If it's for paintball, build a steel frame for the drive train, then build the rest with plywood and MDF

>>968664 has a good idea

Or try finding a large drill press machine motor or two. Laundry machine motor, wheelchair motor.
>>
>>968648
Go to www dot mortarinvestments dot com and buy a T-34, then mount Tippman 98's in every machinegun position (the main gun barrel is filled with concrete, so you couldn't work that.

OR you can do what my buddies and I did. VW Beetle, remove the body. Built a tube frame around it and fabricated wooden body panels to mimic the design of a Ferret Armored car. We were able to do this for about $1800 back in 2003, probably run you about $3k now.
>>
>>968710
>mortarinvestments
.eu not .com
>>
>>968674
Sounds like it'd be more difficult to make a turret out of plywood than sheet metal.
>>
>>968710
>the main gun barrel is filled with concrete, so you couldn't work that.

Me and a few friends were thinking about this.. if you could be friends with a place that turned industrial sized ships propeller shafts. you could easily [not cheaply tho] have them turn you a tank barrel.. assuming the breech isn't fucked either. and you could find some way of removing the original barrel. [I don't know if they are screwed on, or just press fit.]

also I thought the barrels where filled with a termite/cardboard tube thing, and lit? Concrete doesn't seem like a sure-fire way of making sure the barrel never gets used again, cause I can name a few ways that you could get the concrete out without damaging the old rifling in the barrel..
>>
>>968936
Let's hear 3.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.