[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
I'm building a gaming PC and I need to know what is the best z170 motherboard.
>>
>>968549
go back to /g/ faggot.
>>
>>968562
No, he should go to /wsr/
>>
\v\<<<
>>
>>968611
what the shit.. is /wsr/ new? how have I not heard of this..

>>968618
I thought about saying for him to go to /v/, but /g/ deserves this more. too bad they'd give him real answers.
>>
>>968659
>bragging about shipping people off the board
>literally told him to go to a board where his question is against the rules

I guess you just can't read the sticky. Guess I don't expect much else from the people ruining /diy/
>>
>>968689
way to make me feel bad.
I just hate how /g/ doesn't take care of their own problem and ship people off to us all the time.. /g/ if full of fags.
But you are right, I've become bitter.
>>
what? It's against the rule to ask about build computers on /g/? What is the point of the place if you can't discuss computers?
>>
>>968712

To shitpost about the year of the linux desktop and to post in a massive "HEADPHONES GENERAL".

They are really obsessed with headphones.
>>
>>968713
dont forget the smartphones and the anime infestation. /g/ is fucking pathetic. it needs to be renamed to /consumer whores/. They know nothing about technology besides what the latest ads say.
the only thread I can think of that belongs on /g/ is daily programing. another thing about /g/ is 95% of all posts go unread. Its just a bunch of autists that try to get their two cents worth in before the thread 404s
>>
>>968729
>consumer whores
The biggest /g/ meme are companies and open source. They all worship that fat hippy guy who loves FOSS. They call pro-"Insert Company here" shills.
>>
>>968741
Dont knock stallman, hes doing what he loves. there really is an infestation of companies marketing on /g/. also how can you call opensource a meme?

I hate /g/ and I know it sounds like I just defended it.. but Im not defending it.
>>
>>968549
It's been a little while since I built a pc so I can't give specific advice.

But remember that since the motherboard is the core of the pc and your upgrade options are going to be restricted based on the restrictions of the board get best one you can afford, if you can I would spend a bit more money on it than you were budgeting. There's nothing worse than being stuck because you cheaped out on the motherboard and now you can't install a new graphics card.

As far as specific brands, it's a bit like cars. I'm an Asrock fan but other guys go for Gigabyte, ASUS or whatever. As always cost is a good indicator most of the time. Get one with lots of SATA ports, makes it easy when you inveitably need more HDD space.
>>
>>968750
he narrowed it down to a z170
there isnt too many restrictions period.
He just cant decide if he wants 11 usb ports 20 sata ports or 1 million lanes for 8 pci cards @ 16x all in sli.
>>
>>968549
Motherboards don't really impact performance, what you get for your money is features, do you need USB type c? Do you need x amount of sata connectors, do you need this, do you need that.

Once you have decided on a form factor and a chipset, find one with the features you want or need, then you're all set.

I'm currently working out a build to upgrade from my old PC to a modern thing, I'm going go for a gigabyte h170 motherboard because fuck overclocking
>>
>>968611
That stupid board is dead anyway, they should pull the fucking plug on it.
>>
Get whatever one has the features you need faggot.
>>
>>968549
Stupid Questions General
Go back to /g/ and ask them in a proper thread faggot.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.