[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does everyone feel about Bosch tools?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: bosch.png (50 KB, 700x238) Image search: [Google]
bosch.png
50 KB, 700x238
How does everyone feel about Bosch tools?
>>
>>968330
well you only have two choices anon.

bosch the job, or botch the job
>>
>>968330
I still want festool tho :(
>>
Their fine.
>>
>>968330
Skil are Bosch green (depends on where you live) are utter trash.

Here in the usa blue Bosch stuff is pretty limited. It seems to be OK stuff though
>>
>>968330
Green for show, blue for the pro.
>>
>>968364
>skil is bosch green
that is false. Box stores here sell both product lines and there is a marked difference in quality. Bosch green is universally better than skil, that is the shittiest tier tool line that breaks after 2 uses. Trust me, i have (had) a skil band sander, i would know.
>>
>>968369
Well, Skil has different pricing tiers of their own tools here in the USA.
There are a LOT of skil branded tools, so I guess they didnt feel the need to break skil up into cheap skil and green bosch and just threw them together
>>
File: bahcotoolbox.jpg (6 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
bahcotoolbox.jpg
6 KB, 234x215
What do u guys think about Bahco tools?
>>
>>968456
>bahco
is this some brazilian brand?
>>
>>968473
Bahcardi Cola
>>
>>968473
It was a high end Swedish brand, it was bought out by Snap On so now it's just a random cheap ass brand under the snap on umbrella. They make a lot of the hand tools in Spain now instead of Sweden, quality has plummeted.
>>
>>968367
blue is usually superior, but it kinda depends on the tool. the ixo for example, the skill is the same as the green and the blue is only more pro in that you can swap the battery if you use it for hours. I even prefer the green because the shape better for my hand.
for laser levels, the green is OK too for hobby use. drills and such are blue only territory.
overall it's OK for my amateur use.
>>
>>968330
The charge of early 2014 blue tools had a yellowish, mustard-like grease with higher viscosity in it. If you have broken gears and burnt motor rotor, it's a warranty issue and won't cost you a cent.
>>
>>968473
I've seen it in Screwfix, overpriced, even Bosch is cheaper.
>>
>>968330
Bosch is good for moderate diy, Bosch Blue is good but if you want some better get Makita.
>>
>>968330
Green is meh-tier, blue is good to great tier. I haven't used their battery tools though. Set up a few 30 meter primary sedimentation tanks using the green Bosch laser level though.
>>
they make a 12V impact driver that has a wider head but smaller handle profile than milwaulkees 12v impact driver. have raced my 2 year old bosch impact against a friends brand new milwaulkee impact using 4 inch decking screws with torx heads into 4x4 post and had no noticeable difference in driving time... tried it a few times, swapped drills, tried again to rule out bias and crappy starts...

bosch makes a 12 inch miter box with a compound arm instead of a slide that seems like sex in a saw....

I like them.

mad that they released the new 12v impact in europe and haven't ported it to the US yet... THEY FINALLY PUT A FUCKING FLASHLIGHT BUTTON ON IT... which is really all it needed...

I do appliance repair.. I use one for about 12 hours a day 5~6 days a week.
>>
>>968369

>people buy Skil tools for anything but outdoor use

they're pretty cheap and last pretty long provided you use them for maybe 20 hours a year.

Buy a Husqavarna or something otherwise IMO
>>
>>968456
old bahco made better wrenches than crescent
bahco under sandvik was still p.good
snapon bahco is a tragedy

they're cutting corners on the old designs and hoping brand loyalty keeps people paying the premium prices. look at the old and new productions of the model 38 nail puller, it's disgusting.
>>
>>968456
Varies between products. I have this tiny ratchet set that i really like: durable and easy to bring with me wherever (I'm a field service engineer)
>>
File: 717039_xl.jpg (130 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
717039_xl.jpg
130 KB, 1000x1000
>>968330
Pretty good. I got pick related stand and all for the same price of a Kapex and I don't regret a thing. The axial glide is awesome and perfect for my small shop. Also doesn't hurt that it's a 12" and the Kapex is just 10". Used the Kapex in school and it's great too but I've been dreaming about this saw for about 3 years. Glad I bought it.

Also have a bunch of other Bosch tools too and no complaints. End of the day though they're just tools to get a job done and I can't say I've any brand loyalty.
>>
>>969050
That looks beautiful
>>
>>969050
i used to work in hardware at sears and we sold these things in various brands and price points. lovely machine.
>>
>>969050
My coworker has one. Only thing I don't like is the thing blows sawdust all up your face .
>>
>>969273
>various brands

I doubt it. The pivot mechanism used on this saw is owned by and used by Bosch alone.
>>
>>968330
true bosch branded drills are very nice. their security cameras are bretty good too.
>>
Higher priced Bosch blue is pretty good, but not all Bosch blue is made equal. The lower priced blue stuff is often labelled as 'light', and it's pretty shit, mainly cheap drills.

Stick with Makita, Dewalt, Milwaukee trade tier stuff
>>
File: s_geeps.png (17 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
s_geeps.png
17 KB, 261x195
>>969451
nevertheless, we solt many mitre saws on stands and they are neato machines especially the Bosch
>>
File: 1444602702455.jpg (49 KB, 541x498) Image search: [Google]
1444602702455.jpg
49 KB, 541x498
>>969820
>trade tier
>dewalt
>>
>>969826
I don't use Dewalt, but plenty of tradesmen do, whether you like it or not.
>>
File: 1459468767002-2055084504.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
1459468767002-2055084504.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
I'm pretty happy with this unit. It's all I have from Bosch.
>>
>>968456
I've only ever used Bahco bow saw blades, but they're good.

>>969826
>>970245
What's wrong with DeWalt? I'm a carpenter, and mostly use their wood tools, and they hold up well. So do their angle grinders.
>>
>>968330

I make ICs for them so they pretty reliable. ;) At least for their automotive. I'm not sure if they buy the cheap stuff for their tools.
>>
>>970962
Dewalt saws are good, there seems to be this big anti Dewalt drill sentiment here.
>>
>>971166

It is because of the IRL DEWALT shilling.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.