[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's good, cheap Drones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
Hello /diwhyers. I want to purchase a (used?) drone with a decent camera and a decent video display on the transmitter for under $300... I have about 20+ heroin deals happen in my parking lot every day and the cops won't do shit. I want to find a drone or modify one in order to fuck with the dealers as they deal. I want to be able to fly out of line-of-sight so they can't tell where the drone is coming from. My plan is to record their reactions to a drone flying in front of their car during a deal.

What do y'all recommend that's under $300, but will do what I want it to do. It will need at least a few hundred yard range, a decent battery life and adequate video. In return, I'll post funny videos of heroin dealers freaking out because a drone is hovering over the hood of their car.

halp
>>
Holy shit I hope you're kidding. What a bad idea. Maybe drop jars of bees on them though.
>>
>>967550
Not kidding. What's the worst that can happen? My house is rather secluded from the parking lot, so it would be hard to say where it's coming from.
>>
File: tumblr_nnear687gI1rj7o54o1_500.jpg (100 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnear687gI1rj7o54o1_500.jpg
100 KB, 500x500
Nigger, why don't you install fake security cameras along the walls instead?
>>
File: DMw1whL.gif (1 MB, 348x261) Image search: [Google]
DMw1whL.gif
1 MB, 348x261
>>967614
because the parking lot is too far away, (40 yards/50 meters). I'm behind a tree-line in a house. The parking lot, (technically our property), isn't right beside my house. I just want to fuck with these guys more than I want to bust them... So any input is appreciated.
>>
large speakers with siren sounds
>>
File: rEENLzy.jpg (32 KB, 565x441) Image search: [Google]
rEENLzy.jpg
32 KB, 565x441
>>967713
I like this idea.
>>
Hubsan x4. FPV drone with average video and passable range. Probably wont work in wind as its kind tiny and only has a 12 min flight time. Either way its a good intro to FPV. Check Alexpress or banggood.
>>
File: pORzacE.jpg (68 KB, 660x822) Image search: [Google]
pORzacE.jpg
68 KB, 660x822
>>967729
thank you, i'll look into that one.
>>
>>967729
I was gonna recommend this one, except that it won't meet your range requirements and you'll probably end up running out of batteries over some random backyard and never see it again. Still, it's probably your best bet for <$300 all in.

Remember, the H107D version is the one with a video feed. H107C has a camera that records only, with no feed. H107D+ does both. The H107P and H107L have no camera at all.
>>
>>967549
>I want to be able to fly out of line-of-sight so they can't tell where the drone is coming from.
Except for the really loud noise sounding like a thousand angry wasps.

I build and fly quadcopters myself, but should look into what modern telephoto lenses can do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SM1zruEdHc
This is an extreme example of course.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.