[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do o go about machining one of these metal shields? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 460x288
How do o go about machining one of these metal shields?

What materials should I use?
>>
>>967471
A flat sheet of steel
>>
>>967486
This, then bend up the sides and drill holes in it.
Get another thin steel plate bend it and weld it to the back to use as a handle
>>
>>967471
A brake and a punch press, OP.
>>
>>967471

sheet steel for the front, turn that steel sideways and cut into ribbing for the back, add handle(s) however you like, drill holes so you can look through

Don't expect it to be particularly useful.
>>
>>967471
Containers and pallets.
>>
>>967471

very cool project.
but it'll be useless if it's not hardened steel.
Heat it up to least 700-800-900 C degree and quench it in cold water/oil.
I am a little unsure of the exact temperature, so read it up first.

I'd also glue something like acryl or kevlar, something soft on the front to absorb or spread the force of the projectile.
But think also of yourself , now you have to protect yourself from the shield too.
>>
>>967521

If you don't have this, get a cheap angle grinder form Harbor Freight, use a straight edge to grind in a bevel, bend it, then weld in the missing material.

>Don't have a welder?

Rivet/bolt/screw some braces.

If you want those little holes, just be patient and use a center punch on a planned out grid.

>Want it battle ready?

Look up heat treat places, something that size would be difficult to treat DIY style
>>
http://www.fort.vn.ua/en/products/special-equipment/anti-riot-aluminum-shield-fortarsa.html

Easiest way to machine one if you have access to the machinery would be to CNC plasma or waterjet it out flat and then just put the bends in with a press brake.
>>
File: provemewrong.jpg (109 KB, 850x638) Image search: [Google]
provemewrong.jpg
109 KB, 850x638
>>967471
Shields are only good for when you've got something to defend. Not a good offense tool! its 2k16, you strip butt naked, smear the menstrual blood of your enemy's moms on your chest eat some magic shrooms pull out pic related and run forward in a trance-like fury, no wounds shall stop you!!

On a side note. the whole nationalist ordeal in europoor right now.. anyone notice how their plastic shields where actually round? Seriously, they need to give their police fucking spears and quit with the nigger beating American style collapsible billy clubs already! Everytime I see riot police I want them to carry swords/spears.. its completely logical.

>if you charge at the police and you stab yourself on their weapons sticking out. well its your own dumb fault.

I honestly think it would keep people from bum rushing your riot control.
>>
>>968882
I guess a long rifle and fixed bayonets would give you a combination of both new and old riot control. one would have to re-design the shields, add a slot on top, with some plastic/rubber so you can rest the middle of your rifle onto it, while still holding/standing behind the shield.

Riot control also needs more fucking razor wire.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.