[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm currently in Europe on a deployment and we brought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
So I'm currently in Europe on a deployment and we brought one of these things with us, it's a B60. Someone plugged it into the wall in our office and I think it blew a fuse or shorted something inside the Keurig. I've soldered something maybe once or twice in my life (I'm a network and communications guy, component level electronics is not really my specialty)

Firstly, am I on the right track as to this thing getting fucked up because it wasn't plugged into a transformer in line with the wall? And secondly, how would I go about finding and replacing the fuse? I began unscrewing the bottom of the thing but I couldn't get very far, it seemed like they didn't want you getting very deep in there on your own.

Thanks in advance for any help!
>>
I assume that thing was built for 120v / 60Hz?

Check near the cable.
Post pics if unsure.
>>
I'm fairly certain it is. I'm not at the office right now but I'd say I'm 99% sure that's why it isn't working now.
>>
File: this kills the hamp.jpg (10 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
this kills the hamp.jpg
10 KB, 236x236
you have to drill holes in the B60 to undo some plastic clips

http://www.singleservecoffeeforums.com/dissassembly-repair-guide-keurig-b70-platinum-t8124-150.html?sid=d6f42db5e5b1f7d0be603f10eb725c65#p92884
>>
File: Triple-Facepalm-Meme-08.png (26 KB, 487x380) Image search: [Google]
Triple-Facepalm-Meme-08.png
26 KB, 487x380
>>966339
lmao that jpg
>>
I'm glad my taxes are paying for the freedom fighters to have k cups.
>>
Can you even get Keurig cups in Europe? I've never seen any.
>>
Congrats, you can't read input requirements and have now blown something inside. Best guess is somewhere close to the input socket.

Good job.
>>
File: fat-women-eating-pizza[1].jpg (41 KB, 800x479) Image search: [Google]
fat-women-eating-pizza[1].jpg
41 KB, 800x479
>>966339
Looks like the pods these fine females would use.
>>
>>966290
>BRB guys, let me bring my fucking KEURIG.
>>
>>966407
American military doesn't have time to brew coffee the cuck way. They are too busy protecting the world.
>>
File: sdj.jpg (82 KB, 299x400) Image search: [Google]
sdj.jpg
82 KB, 299x400
>>966290
>Someone plugged it in
>Someone blew a fuse
>Someone broke the office
>Someone accidentally the fancy coffee machine

Nice going, OP
>>
>>966389
We brought it in our shipping container, it belongs to one of the guys I work with.

>>966393
Luckily we got a few boxes of them as a gift from someone before leaving.

>>966395
I didn't plug this thing in. I actually brought a transformer with me for shit like this.

I'm just asking for some advice on basic soldering and replacing of a fuse, assuming there is one. I've only ever soldered to make cables for shit, I've never actually handled components and I'd like to fix the damn thing on the weekend if I have time. I watched a few videos on the disassembly of the model I have but I can't find one that really highlights anything about fixing a broken fuse.
>>
>>966393
i don't think you can. only an idiot would buy a coffee printer.
replicates the work of a vending machine, yet costs as much as drinking at a cafe. lunacy!
>>
>is this military?
>has it weapons firing capabality?
>r we fucked?

ok, the last was rhetorical.
>>
>>966509
primary fuse should be inline between mains cord and transformer. but looking at parts of keurig in google images, he doesn't have ANY fuse apart from overheat of boiler. what a piece of crap.

you will be looking for exploded varistor discs which will have shorted the rails to protect downstream components.
cut them off and don't bother to replace. already maximum disgust of noncompliant so why worry.
>>
>>966290
Do you really travel with a Keurig, or is this bait?
>>
>>966290
>Fuse in a over priced POS consumer appliance.
Lol.
>>
>>966389
Personal purchase =/= issued equipment, retard.
>>
>>966529
I'm only deployed with 3 other dudes. We were given a small shipping container to put all of our gear and as well as personal belonging we want to bring with. Every year my base gets a shitload of K-Cups gifted to us by some church or something so we typical throw a couple boxes of them into our shipping container along with a Kuerig before they get inspected and sealed to fly overseas. Little things go a long way on deployment man.

Truthfully we filled half the container with actual weights and gym equipment, like gym plates and barbells, a rowing machine, etc....
>>
>>966531
To clarify my main reason for attempting to fix it is mostly just as a project I can do in my off time and hopefully learn a bit and practice soldering. Like I said I'm not an expert at any of this stuff but I find it interesting so I come on this board from time to time.

>>966526
I appreciate the help, I'm gonna peel this thing apart and see what I can find
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.