[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most nigger rigged thing you own?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 400x400
What's the most nigger rigged thing you own?
>>
>>966161
my life
>>
>>966161
My desktop microphone stand. it's an ikea lamp with the head taken off, microphone is wired to the top, the bend in the arm is supported by a steel ruler, whole thing is G clamped to my desk. It swivels out of the way when I'm not using it, works great.
>>
My relationship with jess
>>
>>966167
Isn't that the fucking truth

I don't rig up anything, I fix it correctly it replace it. If only I could do it to my life
>>
>>966167
this is the hardest I've ever laughed on this website.
>>
My airplane.
>Homebuilt, fabric-covered taildragger
>Initial build itself is decent, no real corner-cutting to speak of
>Few issues with oil cooler bracket cracking; add some doublers and bracing; don't replace the cracked metal itself right away since I want to gauge how effective the reinforcement is
>Panel-mount compass doesn't work for shit because of steel airframe
>Yank it out and replace it with a manifold pressure gauge
>Find a cheapo compass from Auto Zone, stick it up on the windshield away from the steel
>Works better than the panel-mount one but still pretty lousy
>Use mostly GPS and pilotage for navigation anyways so don't really give a shit
>Pulling plane out of the hangar one day, negotiating the other aircraft in the hangar
>Not paying close enough attention; propeller of smaller airplane under the wing (in the upright orientation instead of horizontal as usual) puts a big gash in the fabric on bottom of wing
>Grab some white-colored duct tape and temporarily patch it up
>Fly like that for a few months before giving it a proper (though unpainted) patch
>A couple years go by; cracks in the oil filter bracket slowly continue to propagate
>On a cross-country trip, plane is sitting outside overnight during a particularly wet rainstorm
>Decide to sump the tanks for water contamination
>Both come out clean but the right tank sump keeps dribbling after I release it
>Poke around at it with a screwdriver to try and reset the valve
>Gets worse; fuel pissing everywhere
>Plug it with my thumb and ponder my options
>Remember I have a wooden pencil in my pocket; jam it in the hole and go looking for a slightly more reliable fix
>Eventually find a tiny cork to plug the 3/16" hole with and secure it with safety wire
>Figure I can replace the damaged drain after I finish the trip
>Doesn't happen
[cont]
>>
>>966228
>Couple years go by
>Finally get around to painting the patch on the wing
>A few months later, some unknown person moves the airplane without permission and hits the wingtip on a pole, bending the metal wingtip bow
>Fabric around the bend has visible wrinkles and a minor rip
>A few flights later the wrinkles work their way out on their own
>Shortly thereafter the plane suffers a ground-loop with someone else at the controls, scraping a wingtip on the ground
>Runway scrapes through the fabric at the wingtip
>Out comes the same old roll of duct tape
>Still not patched to this day
>Finally get around to ordering a replacement fuel drain
>Decide to wait for a convenient opportunity to replace it when the tanks are low instead of draining up to 24 gallons from the tank
>Doesn't happen for MONTHS, since I can't break my habit of buying cheap avgas when the opportunity strikes
>Finally deliberately plan to fly off all but ~5 gallons of fuel and do the job
>Git er done
>Oil cooler bracket is in very sad shape by this point
>Briefly consider putting off a proper replacement and using JB-Weld to hold it together a bit longer
>Bite the bullet and bend a new bracket out of aluminum, twice as thick this time
And that's about where it's at now.
>>
Yeah.. N.. N.. Nah bro. You duct tape a plane together. Jesus Christ. Just fly it into an over pass and collect insurance money.
>>
File: denver_t614.jpg (59 KB, 614x495) Image search: [Google]
denver_t614.jpg
59 KB, 614x495
>>966229
>>966228
Hey John
>>
File: 1420618733584.jpg (179 KB, 921x691) Image search: [Google]
1420618733584.jpg
179 KB, 921x691
>>
>>966229
What do people say when you land that fucking thing?
>>
>>966229
Is that really Duct tape or is it Speed Tape?
>>
>>966248
The picture isn't mine, that's a full-blown only-in-Alaska story there (https://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/bear-eats-cub-4434). Mine actually gets a lot of compliments because of the striking paint job; the nigger-riggotry is only visible upon close inspection (especially since the white duct-tape matches the paint). Even when I had the patch with the glaring grey primer on the wing, people rarely noticed.
>>966250
Don't need 200 mph duct tape for a 90 mph plane.

Oh, and I forgot one more fun bit:
>Prop is fixed-pitch, compromise between cruise speed and takeoff/climb performance
>A friend mentions that applying thick tape or velcro to the trailing edge of the prop can act kinda like a Gurney flap, effectively increasing propeller pitch and cruise speed
>Think to myself how useful this'd be for long cross-countres
>Decide to try it with some velcro
>It actually works; I can pull more manifold pressure, make more power and fly faster for a given RPM in cruise
>But sometimes the velcro comes off, usually one blade at a time (noticeable by the two distinct RPM increases that come with the loss of each strip)
Don't really use the velcro anymore, but I was surprised how effective it was. Almost like having a ground-adjustable prop.
>>
>>966256
My dad always put duct tape on the leading edge of his props. Protect em from bugs or stone chips or something. His autogyro was one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen in my life - now that I'm a grown up, I'm dying to have a go
>>
>>966256
You got pics of your insane plane?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
I have a heat pump in my house and I work HVAC. One day over the weekend, my capacitor blew and it was hot as balls. Didn't have the correct size capacitor 45/5, so I just rigged my own using a 40mfd capacitor and two 5mfd capacitor. I've been meaning to swap them out with a. 45/5, but it's been working fine and I haven't got around to it. It's been like this for over a year.
>>
>>966375

>Made in USA

mah nigga

as long as the voltage ratings are right, there's no reason to change it
>>
>>966375
>Uses five dimes to make a fifty cent purchase
>I AM SAVANT
>>
>>966161
I was making a planter box for a friend and I fucked up length of one of the legs. About 1/8" so I think it was the kerf of the blade. Didn't realize it until it was assembled and I stood it up. Wobble. Fuck. I guess it's getting rubber feet then. Apply washer under the short side foot. Perfect.

I think most of diy is nigger rigging shit with what you have on hand. A lot of my fixes are better than original parts.
>>
>>966244
holy shit. wouldn't the electricity kill him since he's holding the bare electrode?
>>
>>966550

Ever tried to weld without doing prep work?
>>
>>966550
Low voltage - high current. Safe enought.
But he's going to burn his hand that way
>>
>>966550
Indians russians and brazilians are impervious.
It's a facebook video but welp. (New-moot I'm not spamming).
>www.facebook dot com slash abalowfilmstz slash videos slash 1068222353233867/
>>
File: IMG_20160323_221716330.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160323_221716330.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>966161
My fluorescent lights are the closest example. Are made with 18W CFL ballast and wired with copper wire.
Also, my screen printing table, it's a bunch of wood planks and a door hinge.
Many other examples that i fortunatly don't remember
>>
File: WEEEEEE.webm (2 MB, 384x294) Image search: [Google]
WEEEEEE.webm
2 MB, 384x294
>>966161
AA battery charger. Literally made of trash.
>>
>>966248
ALLAHU AKBAR
>>
File: IMG_1654.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1654.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>966305
I'd rather not, but here's the worst of the old oil cooler bracket when I finally replaced it. Hopefully the new one holds up better.
>>
>>966550
No, unless he's the ground and let's go
>>
>Moved to a new state that requires front license plates
>pull plastic tabs out of screw holes in front bumper, google what size screws to put in there, get a set from hardware store
>try to screw in front plate, nuts inside instantly break off and spin freely
>mount front plate with wood screws directly into the bumper plastic instead

gotta love living in the rust belt...
My car definitely qualifies. It has holes cut in the frame for engine mount bolts that broke off inside, spray foam and peel & seal sound deadening, and some harbor freight moving blankets in place of trunk carpeting.

Can't complain though. I've made $1500 go 40,000 miles so far.
>>
My first car didn't stay in 5th gear unless you held the shifter in place so I rigged up a rope to loop around and hold it in gear
>>
>>966681
I live in the rust belt, and extending the euphemism, I know someone who took their truck, and undercoated it with like, truckbed coating shit. Like literally the stuff to prevent shit from fucking up the bed of a pick-up, they coated their underside with it instead of a normal undercoat. The mechanic did this of course.
>>
>>966722
I know several people who did this to their entire vehicle.

I know of at least one storm spotter who did similar, but used some combo of floor epoxy/bed liner for impact resistance.
>>
I have a 3D printer, and I will tell you those things change your view on life.

I have printed the stupidest shit for literally no reason other than I'm too fucking lazy to do it right. Here are a few examples:

>have drill press
>high quality drill pieces, really nice shit
>handle crank is garbage.
>breaks in three days
>print a new one overnight,
>still there to this day.

>Get back to house from dining hall.
>forget to grab cutlery, and all I have are metal forks.
>CAD a fork in 30 seconds, print at high speed in 2 minutes, then use and throw out printed fork because I didn't want to do dishes

>getting ready to go to career fair
>windy as shit
>no tie stay
>printit.gif
>4 minutes
>get interview

>door won't stay open because of a draft.
>prints doorstop

Fucking iPad case is broken? Print it. I need a nespresso cup holder? I ain't paying 100 bucks for that shit. Print it. Stereo knob broke off? Print another. Having a party? Better print a pack of 12 penis shaped shot glasses cause God forbid walmart gets my sheckels for shot glasses.

I know it's high tech and "the future of manufacturing" among other buzzwords, but it really has made me a lazy sack of shit.
>>
Had a car with smashed front & rear windscreen, painted flames on it with a spray can & drove it around for three months.
I WIN!!!
>>
File: 1454488891876.png (32 KB, 130x280) Image search: [Google]
1454488891876.png
32 KB, 130x280
>>966167
>>
>>966722
On the note of "bed liner" I actually watched a friend in high school who rigged everythin and was proud of it coat the bed of his truck with roofing tar. While on another car he had he cut the roof open and "adhered" a sheet of acrylic over the opening of a skylight. I use quotes because thermal expansion always caused an opening in the seal to appear and we wound up affectionately referring to it as being automatic ventilation.

Damn, I wish I could remember some of the other shit he did, but its probably half the reason why I try to avoid rigging and do proper fixes whenever possible.
>>
File: brentrambo.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
brentrambo.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>966726
>>Get back to house from dining hall.
>>forget to grab cutlery, and all I have are metal forks.
>>CAD a fork in 30 seconds, print at high speed in 2 minutes, then use and throw out printed fork because I didn't want to do dishes
>>
>>966726
>>CAD a fork in 30 seconds, print at high speed in 2 minutes, then use and throw out printed fork because I didn't want to do dishes
this may be the most first world thing Ive read to date
>>
>>966593
lo atamo' con alambre lo atamo'!!! XD
>>
>>966593
There are worst riggs in Arg than yours... believe me!
Look from where I am seeing this post...
>>
File: IMG_20160324_161315071_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160324_161315071_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>966950
forgot pic... sorry!
>>
>>966375
Yeah dude that's legit wait for them to blow again before changing it
>>
>>966951
Damn dude
>>
File: IMG_20160123_112833~01~01.jpg (867 KB, 1813x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160123_112833~01~01.jpg
867 KB, 1813x2560
My air conditioner.
>>
File: 1331661853301.jpg (17 KB, 470x376) Image search: [Google]
1331661853301.jpg
17 KB, 470x376
>>966962
bad ass datacenter I guess... it's not an air conditioner, there's almost two servers in a kind of homemade rack AND the air conditioner for cooling that...
>>
>>966971
Back in the early dialup days our mail server was working so hard the mail queue disk was mounted out the case with a big heatsink and a box fan blowing over it. Worked for a couple years until got better gear.
>>
File: 1331055469039.jpg (41 KB, 435x571) Image search: [Google]
1331055469039.jpg
41 KB, 435x571
>>966978
mail server over dialup? you are from the days of the real wizards of net... I use to have a friend that mounted a BBS server from a commodore 128 before the internet were public... guess I'm a litle nostalgic...
>>
>>966161
an old pair of glasses where I lost half the screws, they're held together with wire from a spiral-bound notebook (because it's tougher than the bits of paper clips I had previously used, which were tougher than twisty-tie wire)
>>
>>966994
>mail server over dialup? you are from the days of the real wizards of net.

We were the dialup isp. Shelves and shelves of USRobotics modems taken out of their cases and slid into slots on a freaking wooden board. Our upstream was a whopping T1. Even the once upon a time giants like Earthlink started out like that. Much hackery involved.
>>
>>966229
>bear-damaged bush plane

Didn't you plead with it to stop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0jxkM8m_Xo
>>
File: PANO #4~01.jpg (773 KB, 2560x1965) Image search: [Google]
PANO #4~01.jpg
773 KB, 2560x1965
>>966971
I only rent one small room (the shared area is just an open plan kitchen/lounge and a bathroom) so I kinda have everything in here, bedroom, data centre, office, cockpit simulator, recording studio, workshop, exercise area, kitchenette (the shared kitchen is often a biohazard), parts and materials storage...

Most normalfags would be dissatisfied with this arrangement but I'm enough of an Autist that I find it comfy.

Pic related, it's my work bench. Kitchenette/food storage is to the right (convection microwave, sandwich press, fridge/freezer, water cooler/heater), parts storage shelves to the left, bed is directly behind the camera, server rack is at the foot of the bed, cockpit simulator/desk/recording set up is against the wall on the right. The floor between the workbench and bed is covered in exercise matting.

I would be a total NEET if I didn't have a nightshift job and a university course.

The air-conditioner is actually for the whole room since it's over 110F for a lot of the summer. I had to nigger-rig all that ventilation shit onto it because it wasn't powerful enough, especially while the computers are running.

I also run an air filtration system to keep dust down and an evaporative cooler to add moisture to the air if humidity goes bellow 30%. Extractor fans are fitted to prevent solder fumes from building up in the room.

I nigger-rigged a water line out of 1/4 inch PVC tubing, running from under the sink in the bathroom, along the skirting board in the hallway, under my door, to a faucet on my workbench. I run a 0.1 micron filter to provide clean water for my experiments, drinking water to my water cooler/heater/ice maker.

I'm working on a drainage system at the moment, since currently I just have a 2.5 gallon basin under the faucet that I have to empty manually.
>>
prolly this.
http://hackaday.com/2013/11/22/solder-sucker-meets-industrial-vacuum-pump/
>>
>>966161
The doorhandle to my truck. It's a handle from a paint bucket that manipulates the latch, it runs out of a jagged door I made after the original plastic handle broke.

It takes a special touch to open the latch. I don't even lock my door anymore.
>>
>>966637
How come? Just privacy reasons or could you get in trouble for flying a plane like that?
>>
>>967082
that looks /comfy/
>>
>>966457
this
>>
File: oven.jpg (72 KB, 1135x515) Image search: [Google]
oven.jpg
72 KB, 1135x515
>>966161
the mechanical timer / switch failed on the 'ol faithful pizza oven. being too cheap to spend money on a replacement I used a microwave oven timer board.
the oven consists of stainless steel box, two 500W electric elements (top & bottom) and a bi-metalic high-limit.
the MOV timer board has a 15a 250vac rated DPDT relay as the output.
one bonus is the MOV timer board times reliably to the second as well as having "power level" setting that run a 30 second duty cycle ie. 90% power runs 26 seconds on with 4 seconds off, 70% is 20 / 10 etc... this has resulted in much better control of pizza cooking than the old twist dial ever could.

>>966228
sounds like a wonderful old bird, I'm envious.
>>
>>967150
what happens if I push the button?
>>
>>966161
My truck

I have haven't had the time to trace the issue with my blower motor yet so I just hot wired it from the battery.

Tried all the usual issues the HVAC system has, wiring harness failing, resistor, controls. So until I get the time to just go to town or throw up my hands in defeat and hand it to a mechanic I just plug and unplug a wire in the cab to run the motor.

At least it is fused though.
>>
File: 140412102431.png (1 MB, 667x782) Image search: [Google]
140412102431.png
1 MB, 667x782
>>967150
>>967170
If I push that button, will you die?
>>
File: alambre argentino.jpg (62 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
alambre argentino.jpg
62 KB, 960x539
>>966945
Mas vale papá. Mirá como ata con alambre un argentino posta.
> Sos tommy?
>>966950
hahaha, well, at least you have some cool audio gear.
>>
File: Door2a.jpg (1 MB, 1611x1181) Image search: [Google]
Door2a.jpg
1 MB, 1611x1181
>>967170
>>967204
my daughter's idea of a joke. that was the part you pushed to open the door on the microwave. Now it does absolutely nothing.
>>
>>966179
Terry?
>>
>>967400
Hannah?
>>
>>967082
I'd have it
>>
When I replaced the clutch and flywheel on my car, I broke the rubber bushing that holds one of the shift cable to the shift mechanism on the gearbox.
they sell you the whole pair of cables, obviously, not the bushing itself, and since replacing those cables meant taking half the dashboard apart, I went for the lazy route and "built" a contraption with strong zipties to hold the cable to the mechanism and allow it to articulate freely as it is supposed to do.

It's still there after more than a year and it works perfectly.
>>
File: 1448964379741.gif (187 KB, 672x512) Image search: [Google]
1448964379741.gif
187 KB, 672x512
>>966726
>CAD a fork in 30 seconds, print at high speed in 2 minutes, then use and throw out printed fork because I didn't want to do dishes
>>
File: 1450042173047.jpg (352 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1450042173047.jpg
352 KB, 1200x1600
>>966161
I turned an Ikea stool into a clothes stand
>>
>>967560
why do you have so many horse penis shaped wooden pieces
>>
>>967562
I have different sets of clothes, homewear, outdoor workwear, office clothes and gym clothes.

I built this because my clothes were getting strewn all over my bedroom.
>>
>>967567
can you make me one
>>
>>967569
It's pretty self explanatory.

Drill 12mm holes for the pegs.
Drill holes for the right angled legs into the post. Drill matching holes in the legs themselves.
Insert pegs into 12mm holes, along with wood glue and sawdust mixture.
Screw screws at right angles to the pegs going through both pegs and post.
Screw legs into base with screws.
>>
>>967572
you could peg me with your 12mm
>>
>>966951
jesus fucking christ
>>
File: 20160325_224457.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160325_224457.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
400w grow light dangling by 550 cord off my bed frame
>>
File: 340.jpg (10 KB, 155x340) Image search: [Google]
340.jpg
10 KB, 155x340
>>967408
Donkey!
>>
File: khan.jpg (79 KB, 325x332) Image search: [Google]
khan.jpg
79 KB, 325x332
>>967803
KHAAAN!
>>
>>967762
I hope you keep that flammable mattress away from that heat source
>>
File: 1319605514387.jpg (96 KB, 758x779) Image search: [Google]
1319605514387.jpg
96 KB, 758x779
rightangle power plug
>>
File: 1433629839645.jpg (106 KB, 819x534) Image search: [Google]
1433629839645.jpg
106 KB, 819x534
>>
>>967414
How dare people laugh at jokes.
Back to /b/ with you
>>
>>966167
Isn't that the bitter truth... we only have one of those, we can't replace it, and it has to be adapted to do more and more things on the fly. We can only ever maintain and repair it, and it gets harder and harder to fix as it grows old until it's held together by string and patches and blotches of silicone. And most of it is made in China and India.
>>
File: susan-atkins-spahn-ranch-02.jpg (176 KB, 728x750) Image search: [Google]
susan-atkins-spahn-ranch-02.jpg
176 KB, 728x750
>>967040
excellent video man
that's what you get for fucking with ATWA
>>
>>966161
A mesh cup hanging from my wall with a larger nail going in at 90 degrees to the wall and two smaller nails on either side of the larger nail going in at a downwards 45 degree angle. It holds pencils and shit at my desk.
>>
>>966951
All of that crap just you can play arkanoid? Damn, dude.
>pretty sweet paddles tho
>>
>>967082

Post cockpit.
>>
I don't own it anymore, but I had a 96 Pontiac Firefly that had no less than 6 holes in the floor I could stick my foot through and touch the ground, had the hatch bungee corded down since the previous owner got rear-ended and it fucked the latch, the driver side door didn't open from the inside and the passenger door didn't open from the outside, none of the locks worked, you could turn the ignition with a flat screwdriver and start the car, though you couldn't keep it running, and the driver seat collapsed, so I tossed it and put the passenger seat in its place. Required some fuckery to get the seatbelt lock on the right side, but I managed.

That's all can think of of the top of my head that was wrong with it.
>>
>>967254
a esta altura creo que el alambre argento es mas duro que el acero de Toledo y mas versatil que las navajas suizas... jajaj!!! (no soy Tommy... soy Rama ;D)
y respecto al "cool audio gear" es un rejunte que funciona muy bien, por ahora lo tengo asi, le estoy diseñando un anvil case para llevar PC+controladoras en una caja transportable para fiestas/eventos (la ideas es llevar las dos cajas, la potencia y el anvil con todo el resto
>>
>>967560
just brilliant!!!
>>
>>967689
nah... I did the mess... Jesus has nothing to do with it... in fact I guess he had a better audio gear, I heard that he gets the skies spoken his name!!! XD
>>
>>967849
AWESOME!!!
>>
>>968002
Intel i3, 6Gb DDR3,Gygabite motherboard... but Arkanoid it's fine for me... I never tried to play it using the controller as a paddle... NICE FUCKIN'IDEA!!!!! you must be a genius!!! may send pics in the future... gimme some time to set it ...
>>
File: v60d3FS.jpg (202 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
v60d3FS.jpg
202 KB, 1536x2048
My wireless mouse. It wouldnt charge batteries so i took a cable and wired it to old phone. Works like a charm. Pic related
>>
>>967082
I like you>>967852
>>
made a camper trailer from pretty much scratch. Never finished up the seams like I wanted to due to weather, then relocating so a big storm ripped the aluminum off the roof. Still seems pretty decent inside, but I'm a ways away from it so it'll probably be junk by the time I can get back to it and get it patched up.
>>
>>966161
Well my house isn't actually attached to its subfloor right now so that's probably it
>>
>>966228
>>966229
>>966256
>>966637

Pls I miss u puzzlemaster
>>
>>968719
Como volarian los Pucará sin alamabre? jajaja

Esta buena la idea del anvil. Yo arme algunos para boludeces. Y ahora tengo que armar unos para maquinas de humo y luces de cine.
Yo le compraba a los de Penn Elcom, seguro lso conoces. y a otros de Mammoht anviles o algo asi.
No se que tamaño pensas hacer los anvils, pero aprendi de mala manera que la mayoria de las puertas tienen 70cm o menos de ancho, y ningun ascensor mas de 1mt de largo, jaajajaj
>>
>>966167
As always, first post, best post.
>>
>>968758
I've done that wire thing when I only had one battery and need two, seemed to work off 1.5v.
What do you mean you wired it to old mouse?
>>
>>967846
oh god i bet he's using it as a reflector because the mattress has a shine to it
>>
>>966726
pix or it didn't happen
>>
I can't find it right now but my self defense flail

It's a 3x5 in thin piece of wood on a rope with nails through it and I swing it around and I've gotten pretty good at it
>>
Hm, at this point it's probably my headphone "stand". I have some modular shelves hanging on the wall above my desk ..

Oh wait, the desk is pretty nigger rigged too. It's a couple of free-standing shelving units with a piece of MDF across them, a desk top from an old department store desk.

Anyhow, the headphone stand is an oddly long allen wrench that's held in place by a shelving bracket and some stiff wire.
>>
>>967854
>laughing at a """"""joke"""""""
>calling this place a "website"
best to just leave
>>
File: IMG_20160328_170245496.jpg (384 KB, 1456x1092) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_170245496.jpg
384 KB, 1456x1092
From today. 1940 Mill
>>
>>966229
How the fuck do you pass that off as airworthy?
>>
File: flap[1].jpg (122 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
flap[1].jpg
122 KB, 800x600
My laptop broke this shit flap. (And brazilian dell literally gives -1 fucks for consumers) so no replacement, as I'm in brazil 3D printing costs my liver.

Without it the ethernet cable doesn't get pressed upwards and doesn't connect (so I can't use my pen-drive debian thing because I still have to summon the 9 devils of iwconfig to make my wifi work)

That made learning C & linux a hassle because the cable kept getting loose. Today the other half of it broke of and all I was left with was a thin plastic piece with a spring. Said fuck it, looked arround, found a business card from a old tattoo artist, cut a strip made some br origami and stuck it in. Now it's working without flaws. I hate dell and their barebones.
>>
>>969341
I can't post pics because my phone camera is a shit scratched piece of garbage.
>>
I wrote this up yesterday but chrome crashed on me so here is the short version

Had pickup:

>bought fo scrap value
>was scrap
>electrical was butchered so bad I had to run new wire everywhere and had all the old switches on 17 toggle switches all normally open and that was only the essentials
>to simulate an indicator you had to flip the switch on and off
>headlights were held in with lacing wire
>so dim you couldn't see 12 feet in front of you
>bought a tire showing chord for $4 because the bitch hadn't made enough to money yet (legal here)
>not one tire was the same size due to supply issues for 14" tires
>had to carry 5 liters of water because washer motor had rotted out completely and dusty environment
>smog air pump didn't work so I pulled it off and just copper soldered over the openings rather getting the correct size screws which don't exist here
>back glass got broke by a wheel barrow sliding forward so I just put in regular glass
>didn't even clean up the broken glass because that shit was everywhere
>no door locks but I didn't lable the toggle switches so no one new what sequence of switches started the pickup, I didn't label them
>rewrote legal info (on pickups and trucks you need the owners name, location and tare and gross weight on a placard on the side) in whiteout
>initial info on tare and gross weight was wrong but I rewrote than anyway because it would have cause me more hassle than just leaving it as is
>re wired American running lights as indicators because the actual indicators had rotted out
>balls joints were fucked, left them like that
>tie rods were fucked, left them like that
>6 inches of play on the steering wheel BEFORE it loaded the steering box for an additional 2 inches of play, left it like that
>dash try leaked, parked it facing down hill where applicable and drilled holes in the floor board to evacuate water.

Have to continue later, this is only the first 2 months of ownership. Had it 2 years.
>>
File: IMG_20160328_215844.jpg (395 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_215844.jpg
395 KB, 2560x1920
>>969364

Sorry about the bad English. IPad has spider web cracks that is being held in by the screen protector (went on to extend the life of the screen), some tape around the edges and it is difficult to type properly on. It is a second gen iPad too and it has bogged down so bad and I have no idea how to speed the thing up. Tried all kinds of shit.

Also my phone is a Cat B15 and the digitizer is screwed up so this is equally difficult to type on.

Pic related.

I have also ghetto rigged my good car and my house and literally everything i touch, because west indies no parts supply, but later for that.
>>
>>969364
>I didn't lable the toggle switches so no one new what sequence of switches started the pickup
thats the same type of security they use on jets
>>
>>969395
>>969364
Does it not have keys? Why do you have to hit switches to start it up? Are you driving a jet fighter?
>>
File: spoopy.png (3 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
spoopy.png
3 MB, 2560x1920
>>969370
your ipad is haunted
>>
File: IMG_0002_1.jpg (657 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002_1.jpg
657 KB, 1200x1600
>>
>>967108
he definitely could get in trouble, airplanes that are legal to fly have to have an air mechanic that's certified to sign off on shit to make it airworthy.
>>
>>969341
Just get a better mini-pcie card

It'll be worth it in the long run
>>
File: 100 days in paint.png (7 KB, 369x280) Image search: [Google]
100 days in paint.png
7 KB, 369x280
>>969530
It's not the computer on the pic. It's a """medium""" vostro 5470, there are no parts and if I find one for laptop it'll be very expensive because governmint taxes the shit out of everything. It's not a computer made to be opened. Jesus I hate this shit. I'll make one out of durepox and super glue it when I have the time.
>>
>>969171
web·site

ˈwebsīt/

noun

COMPUTING

a location connected to the Internet that maintains one or more pages on the World Wide Web.

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>969341
>Brazil
Literally just commit mass suicide along with the rest of the world.
>>
>>969698
see
>>>/pol/
>>
>>969702
>defending Brazilians.
>>>/out/
>>
>>969708
IDK what defending Brazilians has to do with camping.

This is a thread about posting you nigger rigged things, of course there is going to be a Brazilian or two.

Nigger rig or GTFO, nigger.
>>
>>969713
>>>/gtfout/
>>
>>966457
Anyone that works with electronics has a large supply of spare parts. Why spend that 50c if you have 600 spare parts that could work?
>>
File: Capture.png (205 KB, 1600x784) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
205 KB, 1600x784
>>969096
For you
>>
File: phone.jpg (224 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
phone.jpg
224 KB, 900x600
qi phone charger stand made from a qi charger circuit, sellotape and a cassette case (for those of you old enough to remember them)
>>
File: 1455693957044.png (900 KB, 690x968) Image search: [Google]
1455693957044.png
900 KB, 690x968
>>966778
Beautiful
>>
>>969731
Old enough to remember then from what the billion of normiebook and reddit posts about how kids don't understand pencils.
Fuck off
>>
>>966726
>>969738
Oops, wrong post
>>
>>968502
Dude I had a Ford Ranger like that. The ignition was popped open, no keys for the doors. I think the previous owner before the previous owner lost his keys and used his works' bolt cutters or jaws-of-life to get the pile running. The back window was a shitty piece of plexiglass. I could'nt lock the doors, you started it with a screwdriver, nobody ever stole that shit.
>>
File: ded.jpg (36 KB, 530x800) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
36 KB, 530x800
>>969698
>como to /diy/
>/pol/kids are in /DIY/
It's the most slow, unrelated board (aswell /out/ if you don't count the edgy knife threads) a /pol/tard could shitpost on. Literally why
>>
>>969864
I fucking hate /pol/, but one thing I cannot fucking STAND is when Brazilians fucking shit up online chatrooms with "ALGUIEM BRASIL?"
>>
>>969881
But this is an image board not a chatroom.
>>
>>969881
The only thing that dude said was that Brazillian dell was worse than american (which is suprising as I believed it couldn't be any worse) and that 3D printing in brazil wasn't an option. What was the problem?
>>
>>966161
going back 19 years here, I had been playing guitar for about eight years when my beloved Fender amp decided to finally die, I needed new tubes/valves but had (almost) zero money to spend on them, so I went to this old electrical spares (junk yard for old electrical shit) and talked to the old dude there, I showed him the valves and he took one look at them and told me to go look in a huge bin full of old valves in the corner that had been pulled out of old radio's TV's and whatever else came through there, he then told me to also pull out another type of valve while I was there.

It took me twenty minutes to find the two sets of valves I was after and my hands were black with dust and god knows what else, I took the valves up to the old guy and he pulls out this fucked up old machine and procede's to bias all the valves/tubes for me, I didn't even know what biasing was or that you needed to do it, he then quoted me a very reasonable price and gave me the second set of valves for free and told me to try them in the amp and see how I liked them.

I got home and fitted the new (old) valves and was amazed at how good the amp sounded, even better than before, next I tried the mystery valves and the amp sounded not just good but fucking amazing!!, I went back to the shop a few weeks later to thank him and ask him about the valves, it turns out he was a ships radio operator in the Navy and had built many a radio in his time, he told me that when they couldn't get the valve I was after they would get the other type which he thought was better.

sadly the amp was later stolen from my home by some local niggers and never recovered.
>>
> have older CB radio
> not doing anything with it
> curious if I can have a home rig
> install an antenna base outside my window with coax cable running inside
> have a AC/DC wall plug in with alligator clips
> hook exposed end to clips and set up CB
> can talk to trucker bros in the comfort of my home.

I really want to have a power amp.
>>
>>966161
I just built a workbench. It's solid as hell, but pretty ugly. Tons of glue,screws,2x8s and 2x4s.
>>
File: 20160209_182457.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160209_182457.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
My headset which is broken to pieces and held together by a screw and nut.
>pic related
>>
File: 20160329_215601_HDR-1.jpg (808 KB, 2448x1377) Image search: [Google]
20160329_215601_HDR-1.jpg
808 KB, 2448x1377
Wish me luck :DDD
>>
>>969918
>I went back to the shop a few weeks later to thank him and ask him about the valves, and there was no shop there.
>Just a blank brick wall.
>>
>>969863
It was a manual transmission, so I really wasn't worried about anybody stealing it, though I could've taken the steering wheel off if I was really worried. Had a quick release and everything, oddest thing.

Now that I think about it, I think the transmission was the only flawless thing on it, especially considering it had somewhere around 170k miles on it. Never slipped, clutch was crisp and first gear was never finnicky.
>>
File: IMG_20160330_192754.jpg (3 MB, 2304x4096) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160330_192754.jpg
3 MB, 2304x4096
This subwoofer/speaker combo i made, which my engineer bro doesn't understand.
>>
File: 1443926020456.jpg (306 KB, 428x1583) Image search: [Google]
1443926020456.jpg
306 KB, 428x1583
>>969986
>>
File: IMG_20160330_193221.jpg (2 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160330_193221.jpg
2 MB, 4096x2304
>>970152
Also this dremel i made.
>>
>>970154
I don't think you'll be cutting anything with teeth that big
>>
File: don't get too close.jpg (132 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
don't get too close.jpg
132 KB, 640x480
Deployed some unused jackposts and scrap lumber to slowly push a collapsing garage back to square.

Amazingly, it's working. Currently repairing the footers & adding bracing.
>>
File: IMAG0601.gif (380 KB, 1268x711) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0601.gif
380 KB, 1268x711
During a party a person crashed into my wardrobe. The doors were misaligned as a result, which rendered the lock inoperable. I decided to keep using the key, it was alright after all.
>>
>>970153
What's the worst that could happen? Besides i got faith in that wire.
>>
>>970210
good work there
>>
>>967320
Changed a Euro lock to an American one?
>>
>>967852
This seems like an extremely good idea.
>>
>>967082
This seems very cool.

If your waste water is very clean, then you may get away with a reservoir, a sieve, a pump (aquarium? Salvaged from dishwasher?) and some tubing back to a "T" before the trap in the sink (like a dishwasher, at least in Canada/America).

I doubt you have the shortness of distance or ability to open walls or whatever to do a properly vented drain pipe, since you need a consistent slope down, and possibly a "cheater" vent and a trap (north american codes).

Man, I wish I were in bong-land to get a tiny sink /vanity and nigger-rig some plumbing with you, heh.
>>
>>968502
I gotta Civic just sitting in my gay-raj that's pristine except for a rusted out floor caused by some stupid leak. Leak came from inside a pipe, behind the dash, so I can only fix it by removing the dash, and I just can't be bothered.
>>
>>970154
YES! My Polish Engineer dad's first dremel over here was just a motor with a blade attached, too.

Actually, most stuff was like that until he worked for a company that gave him a yearly tool budget / rebate. It was great!
>>
>>967082
9/10 workstation
2/10 taste in mangu
>>
My PC graphics card isn't mounted by the bracket. It's being held up by 3 shot glasses stacked with tissue between them
>>
>every phone charger, laptop charger and wired controller has multiple layers of elec tape.
>all my furniture is curb find and repairs
>my bedframe is held together with bandannas
>even my guitar strap is a necktie and nylon cords
>after looking around, I own about 4 things out of the 200 I can see that aren't rigged in some way.
>>
>>970415
>actually, looking around, I realize two of the walls for my bedroom are just blankets
>and then I realized my right glasses arm is a paperclip with a blob of something melted on the end.
>I cook with a space heater
>My curtains are all cut from a fitted sheet I got from my old job at a hotel

>oh my god, I'm living in Fallout.
>>
>>970430
>>I cook with a space heater
holy cow, im all for nigger rig stuff, but that might be too much
>>
>>969986
That is the least safe thing I have seen in a long time.
>>
>>970376
I'm thinking I may build a vacuum canister drain (like they use in hospitals). Sure I would still have to empty the canister, but at least I wouldn't have dirty dishwater sitting out in the open.

Either that or using peristaltic pump to suck water through a coarse filter and into a second 1/4" tube (that's the maximum diameter I can fit under the doors) down the hall into the drainpipe under the bathroom sink.

Whichever way I do it it's going to need some kind of active pump, since gravity isn't going to do it with the distance and diameter restriction.
>>
File: 0166.jpg (131 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
0166.jpg
131 KB, 640x480
>>967082
Nigger rigged a lamp shade.
>>
>>970451
youre just closed mined. people use an oven to keep their house warm all the time
>>
>>967040

>women
>cant even go outside without chaos
>>
File: shittycompyscreenstand.jpg (77 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
shittycompyscreenstand.jpg
77 KB, 640x478
i needed a moniter stand so i drilled a hole in a piece of mdf and bolted it on
>>
File: XRnCMuO.jpg (221 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
XRnCMuO.jpg
221 KB, 1200x1600
More i've done: my workshop "battlestation" where i did most of my cad work for woodworking
>>
File: RfRrdef.jpg (955 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
RfRrdef.jpg
955 KB, 2448x3264
>>970640
dangleing 3g wifi router from only available power outlet at a ruel train platform
>>
File: h87UrYw.jpg (88 KB, 1598x714) Image search: [Google]
h87UrYw.jpg
88 KB, 1598x714
>>970643
and i did this at my former job
>>
File: ubB0pJE.jpg (228 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
ubB0pJE.jpg
228 KB, 1200x1600
>>970640
I had to use any polished steel surface in order to jump wires together. This gets it started.
>>
File: zZfWz8J.jpg (185 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
zZfWz8J.jpg
185 KB, 1200x1600
>>970645
>>
File: N493WAH.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
N493WAH.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>970643
>>
File: MbQelUJ.jpg (31 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
MbQelUJ.jpg
31 KB, 480x640
>>
File: BU7vcc3.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BU7vcc3.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
>>970652

this did NOT end well (no photos of disater)
>>
File: QgR25D6.jpg (326 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
QgR25D6.jpg
326 KB, 1600x1200
>>970645
this is how i kept that shitty laptop from overheating
>>
File: 4Hvg2iW.jpg (382 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
4Hvg2iW.jpg
382 KB, 1600x1200
>>970656
>>
N-word rigged a chip-deflector for this electric hand plane. That's my blood there
>>
>>966726
>print in a matter of minutes
>no unending waits for the thing to warm up
coolstorybro.jpeg
>>
File: cwO0xmG.jpg (165 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
cwO0xmG.jpg
165 KB, 1200x1600
>>970658
forgot photo
>>
File: Ssl8nyI.jpg (675 KB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
Ssl8nyI.jpg
675 KB, 4288x2848
punched the doors off of bandsaw. it's still like this 3 years later
>>
File: 1458452211651.jpg (28 KB, 315x376) Image search: [Google]
1458452211651.jpg
28 KB, 315x376
>>970665
>mfw
>>
File: 100_0841.jpg (2 MB, 3296x2472) Image search: [Google]
100_0841.jpg
2 MB, 3296x2472
>>
File: 1449163955364.jpg (415 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1449163955364.jpg
415 KB, 1200x1200
>>966228
>>966229
ork/10
>>
>>970643
>wifi router
>powered
>no Ethernet cord going in

what the fuck are they even doing?
>>
>>970680
3G nigger
>>
File: 1458870297329.gif (590 KB, 320x142) Image search: [Google]
1458870297329.gif
590 KB, 320x142
>>966726
I told them 3D printing would be the future
they didn't believe me
who's laughing now faggots
>>
File: 1459030513187.jpg (28 KB, 540x378) Image search: [Google]
1459030513187.jpg
28 KB, 540x378
>>970665
>blade snaps
>>
>>969986
>no o ring
>Dropping acetylene to atmospheric

Oh shit, nigga what are you doing!
>>
>>970661
>not running prints 24/7
>not using pla for quick shit
>not insulating the bottom of your heated bed
>not using a 200W heater on a relay instead of a 40 dinky cockwarmer
>not heating up to temp in about 3 minutes to fulfill my genetic millennial need for instantaneous gratification.

I bet you have a makerbot, don't you?
>>
File: sawstand.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
sawstand.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>966161
Buddy gave a beat to shit tables saw. The stand was about the only usable part and even it was pretty fucked up. Been meaning to build a better one but this one works alright.
>>
File: IMG_1455_fixed.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1455_fixed.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
So I have this expensive wireless headset I bought eons ago. Unfortunately, it has a design flaw where the standoffs in the brackets for the earcups fucking snap off after a year. Since the brackets clamp onto a shaft on the earcup, the earcup dangles uselessly by a few tiny fucking wires.

So, since I had this happen before on another headset, I decided to get out my old Craftsman drill and went out to the Homeless Despot and picked up a shitty drillbit set and selected a bit slightly bigger than the original screw holes, but not bigger than the slots in the stainless steel headband that must also be clamped. After spending hours trying to clamp the fucking thing in this shitty plastic vice my dad gave me (which ended up mangling the fuck out of the clamp), I ended up gripping the clamp in my hand, pressing the two broken halves together to maintain alignment while I used my other hand to guide the drill, using a stack of cardboard to protect my countertop.

Somehow, I managed not to fuck up my hand nor the counter, and get the holes drilled. I rummaged around and could not find appropriate machine screws, so I used a fat ziptie I use for cables.

The outcome is that it's actually far more robust and stronger than the original. The other bracket's about to pull the same shit, so as soon as it does, I'll be ready.
>>
I have the same one! Been running after 6 years of abuse
>>
File: The_nig_rig[1].jpg (316 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
The_nig_rig[1].jpg
316 KB, 1600x1200
>>970640
Hey, that reminds me of the oldest laptop I have that still works. I have taken a better picture than my previous one, to celebrate my getting a free tablet.

>Stopped working one day
>Violently forced my way into it (shitty design, no screws)
>Worked again without me changing anything
>Trackpad barely works any more
>No keyboard, casualty of the top half of the case
>Nothing attached to the bottom part so I usually take it all out
>Only used it because it was my only CD drive for a while, now kept as part of history
>>
>>966161
oh shit
Im gonna go home right now and post a picture of the pipes underneath my kitchen sink on /diy/ like I always planned on doing.
>>
>>971046
>hello yes i am compootor
thankyou for posting this
>>
>>970675
The graphics card placement
>>
File: headset_snapped.jpg (465 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
headset_snapped.jpg
465 KB, 816x612
>>970703
> The other bracket's about to pull the same shit
Speak of the Devil and he shall appear.

Fucking standoffs snapped off on the other side, you can see them still attached.

Time to get busy.
>>
File: bracket inside.jpg (410 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
bracket inside.jpg
410 KB, 816x612
>>971123
Inside of the bracket. You can see the rough plastic where the standoffs snapped off, plus the shaft on which the bracket clamps down and holds the earcup on with.

Between the back of the bracket, you can see the end of the steel headband, followed by the plastic inner headband liner, which is fused with the inner bracket which still has the standoffs attached.

For those playing along at home, this is a Creative Tactic3D Omega, and it costs an arm and a leg, but has decent sound and a good microphone, all on a wireless headset.
>>
File: standoff out.jpg (166 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
standoff out.jpg
166 KB, 612x816
>>971124
Back, had to get some paperwork done.

First operation: getting the screws out of the standoffs.

Tools:
* Rusty old craftsman needlenode pliers
* Small phillips screwdriver (I'm using a big Wiha because it was nearby)

1. Grasp standoff from behind like an old man on a subway train.
2. Unscrew the screw from the standoff.

If you fail to do step 1, it will just rotate and you won't be able to undo the screw.
>>
>>970154

Hey, how does that thing work? Any pics of the inside? If there is a cheapo schematic it might be something for my small workshop ... I'd do proper housing though. Maybe a steel pipe or something. Would be a cool project.
>>
>>971147

Oh and another question, couldn't you use a potentiometer or similar to control the rotation speed? Would add bang to the buck.
>>
File: drilled.jpg (146 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
drilled.jpg
146 KB, 612x816
>>971143
Now for the fun part. Remember your safety gogs and put down some cardboard to protect your mom's counter top.

This is the tricky part, because you have to drill through the screwholes and the remnants of the standoffs, and it's impossible to clamp it with a standard clamp due to the odd shape of the bracket.

1. Select a 5/32 drill bit. It's what I used because it's just under the size of the screw hole.
2. Do not put the bracket in your lap or on the counter or when there's even the slightest possibility of skewering something behind it. Keep fingers a good distance away. You cannot disconnect either half from the headset, either, because you will break shit. If the earcup shaft falls out and the earcup dangles, ignore it for now.
3. Drill, but do NOT drill through the stainless steel. THE DRILL **WILL** START SCREWING THROUGH THE PLASTIC AND WILL BURST THROUGH THE OTHER SIDE SUDDENLY AND WITHOUT WARNING, SO BE PREPARED. If this happens, back off, you're done with that hole.
4. Do all four holes (both halves seperately) this way.
5. You may wish to take a slightly bigger screwdriver and use it to clean up the plastic chowder around the holes and chamfer them a bit. You may also use it to ream the hole and clean it up a bit.
>>
My bike's radiatore is patched with gaffer's tape and the gear switcher is an adjustable wrench tightened before every ride
>>
File: repair complete.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
repair complete.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>971149
Home stretch now. You can put away the drill and bits, but now you need to drag out that collection of big pink zipties that you use for kidnapping, some small electrical snips, and, if you have one, a ziptie tensioner tool (I use a Malco TY4).

1. Run the zipties through the headset but leave the head on the outside so it doesn't gouge the fuck out of you.
2. Before tensioning, reattach your headset's earcup to the bracket; It's got a tab on it, so it sort of screws in. Ensure it's fastened before tensioning.
3. Tension the ziptie as hard as you can without breaking the bracket, while monitoring the feel of the earcup, ensuring it rotates in a smooth, yet stiff manner.

Now cut off the tail of the ziptie and you're done. A hill-billy genuine repair. Remember to send a postcard to Creative with a picture of the repair so that they know that a fucking ziptie is better than their fucking engineering team!

By the way, the TY4 is something I use for cable management all the time, does a nice, clean cut of the tail while still under tension, and provides additional leverage.
>>
>>971153
>The gear switcher is an adjustable wrench
I'm having Mad Max visions here
>>
>>970517
Shit's gonna catch fire bro.
>>
>>971155
>engage cruise control at max rpm
>remove handlebars and gear switcher
SHINY AND CHROME
>>
File: 20150131_213958.jpg (554 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20150131_213958.jpg
554 KB, 1920x1080
>>971124
>Soundblaster Tactic3D Alpha
I had four or so of the wired ones. They ALWAYS snap after a year or so, I literally just wrap duct tape around them until secure. I stopped buying them entirely after I stubbornly learned my lesson (but dey sound so good, bruh!) and replaced it with something sturdier.

you can see my handiwork hanging in this (old) battlestation photo.
>>
>>971160
> Alpha
I have one of those, too, but this is an omega. Alpha doesn't have the steel headand that prevents it from snapping in half. Just the stupid problem with the brackets.
>>
File: FLIR0165.jpg (154 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
FLIR0165.jpg
154 KB, 320x240
>>971156
Nah, I don't think it will... unless it can catch fire at 50C.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-01_11-22-20.png (131 KB, 1258x847) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-01_11-22-20.png
131 KB, 1258x847
>>966161
what is the meaning of this?
I refreshed the page and now it all looks like this.
>>
>>971508
Do u know what April 1st is m8 ?
>>
>>971508
Is it your first year on 4chan or what
>>
>>971239
I like this guy. He bought a FLIR camera but he won't buy a new lamp when he can just fuck together a new lampshade out of some shit.
>>
>>971510
What does changing the webpage layout for a single thread have to do with april fools? I checked page style and other threads, it is only this thread.
This isnt even the first anymore, I wasnt online for the last week, the theme should not be in the cache.

>>971511
been here since 06, never seen this shit before. it looks horrible.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
My radio
>>
>>971523
u aussie m8?
>>
>>971520
No you havent, otherwise you would have known you refreshed just this page in time to catch the Jewgle+ layout and the event is already over.

And moot has done far, far fucking worse. (row row, Facebook integration)
>>
>>970644
youre gonna want a cheater bar for that
>>
>>971531
>No you havent
oh ok, I must have forgot.
>moot has done way worse
this theme isnt even a troll.. it just looks bad, its not obnoxious like all the sound and shit moot would do.
>>
>>971539
It's a direct play on turning 4chan into a social network.

Also Jewt works for Google now.
>>
>>969165
Autism
>>
>>971543
>It's a direct play on turning 4chan into a social network.
I didnt even realize that it was a copy of googles whatever, The style looked somewhat familiar though. still, I wouldnt say this is anywhere near the same thing as the shit moot would pull in the past to screw with everyone.
>Also Jewt works for Google now.
yea I knew that. I dont know why they wouldnt hire him, hes given them so much revenue through captcha that its stupid.
>>
>>971523
i had a setup like that when i was in high school, i hooked up a cd deck, and a 1000 watt amp to a 12inch sub, and 10 or so speakers and powered the whole mess with a radioshack 12 volt converter
>>
>>971825
Got any pics?
>>
File: BILD0098.jpg (3 MB, 3968x2976) Image search: [Google]
BILD0098.jpg
3 MB, 3968x2976
Pressure pot I made five years ago for resin casting.

At 6 bars it pushed the bottom out (loudly) rounding it off.
>>
>>967320

Buy a router and learn to do a Dutchman. Fuck dude.
>>
Ran an ethernet cable through three rooms whithout drilling any holes by using existing gaps in the floorboards (it's an old house). Needless to say the ductape did not work.
>>
>>971947
That reminds me of some stuff we did in my parent's house recently.

>Old house (as in 350+ years old)
>Floorboards have been messed with several times before we had it
>Up to and including being cut in places not on joists
>Decide to take up carpet and spend time replacing the worst ones
>Some have been there so long there are mouse nests made from newspapers older than us
>Wiring is insane and nonsensical, has evidently been changed more than once by people who didn't understand wiring
>Takes several days to correct and optimise
>More than one light has a 'neutral' wire that is actually live
>>
>>971933
watcha planning on doing with that?
>>
>>971951
Worst I've seen in recent memory was digging for a retaining wall, the dirt had pieces of Asbestos all through it. Probbably a previous bathroom reno where the builder gave no fucks whatsoever. At least shoddy wiring kills you instantly.
>>
>>971953
You're not really going to execute him are you? It's 2016. Also he's too cute to die.
>>
my old acer netbook's power cord port was fucked so i opened it up pilled out the wires inside the computer stripped them and wirectly wired the ac plug into the computer. somehow it worked. lasted until i finially got a hand me down toaster of a laptop that I am using now.

At least i don't risk burning the house down just to post on 4chan now though.
>>
>>972009
I saw this meme on /g/
>>
>>971891
no, it was a while ago
>>
>>966717
I knew a guy that had a first-gen Hyundai Excel that did that.
His solution was a bungee to the dash.
That was a looong time ago. Those Hyundais were awesome compared to YUGOs.
>>
>>971951
How did you even find a house from the 17th century?
>>
>>971514
The existing lampshade didn't fit after I attached three lightbulbs instead of one.
>>
>>972348
Yurop probably. Visiting europoors are always amused when us claps go on about churches from 1718 and schools from 1693.
>>
>>971148
Didn't have one laying around. Its simple just get a motor from an old drill, connect it to a strong enough power supply, with a button in between. Use a cable connect thing to attach the blade to the motor tip.
>>
>>970190
I can cut wood with it, thats good enough for my purposes. Might make another one with finer teeth for platics and such.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-04-11-06-50.png (931 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-04-11-06-50.png
931 KB, 1080x1920
>>970640
Faces of /diy/
>>
>>966161
My bathroom lock. It's a piece of wood screwed into the wall next to the door which you lower down in front of the door when you want to lock it. For added privacy I have to put a sponge in between it and the door
>>
File: attachment.jpg (13 KB, 201x234) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
13 KB, 201x234
>>970640
>>972470
ran this through a complex proprietary image enhace to extrapolate a lifelike rendition of anon
>>
>>970152
Only thing I don't understand is the >9000 watt heatsink
>>
>>972820
That heatsink heats up a fucking lot when my subwoofer is on. If it was smaller the sub would die.
>>
>>972465

You should get one, for science! :D

Well adding a potentionmeter and ... sturdier housing and this would be a fun project for poor schmucks who have no dremel.
Even better, if you've been using an old drill as a base you could use the drill chucks somehow, which would mean interechangeable blades/grinders/etc.
But that would not be niggerriggn now would it?

Sadly I don't have any pics of it, but once the lock to my room broke so I just bent those brass angles into form and used a 2x4 as yer olde-time syle medival lock.
I didn't have a microphone once, not a decent one, but the crap karaoke wii one. Friends kept pestering me about sound quality so I took some tissue and thread and covered it in tissue, then attacted it to my table with a lot of duct tape and a 30cm plastic ruler. Worked out!
>>
File: 2012-11-03 18.45.44.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1952) Image search: [Google]
2012-11-03 18.45.44.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1952
Fixed the backlight on a tv.

>>969341
>9 devils of iwconfig
sudo apt-get install wicd-curses
>>
>>972846
You gotta be careful, the voltages that supply the cfls can be pretty high. Hence the warning symbols on the pcb.
>>
>>972866
It's far enough from the bezel that I can't touch it accidentally.
>>
>>972846
Well.. Aparently it had to do with network manager thing not detecting wifi and making other programs unable to detect it too. I literally don't know wtf. I made a decent install and then it worked.
>>
>>972869
Doesn't matter.

Tape a tupperware container over it if you don't want to do anything drastic, that shit can do a lot of damage to you, and you'll burn it out.
>>
>>967762
Are you growing in the barracks?
>>
>>967762
First Sausage is gonna wig the fuck out about that come first thing after monday morning pt.
>>
>>972884
what os are you using?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.