[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought a house in a suburban neighborhood. Has a shed in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1458122344482.jpg (72 KB, 560x640) Image search: [Google]
1458122344482.jpg
72 KB, 560x640
Bought a house in a suburban neighborhood. Has a shed in the back corner of the property. Behind the shed there is a 55 gallon drum of mineral spirits slightly hidden. Wtf!? Why did somebody have this and what can I do with it now? Dispose it? EPA concern?
>>
Use it to thin polyurethane or clean up paint
>>
>>965709
Probably burned it for fuel in a mini burner.

OR RE-GRIPPED LIKE A THOUSAND GOLD CLUBS WITH IT.

BECAUSE HE WAS THE HATORI HONZO OF GOLF CLUBS.

just theories
>>
there's dissolved bodies in it.
>>
File: g06957figure03.jpg (34 KB, 370x360) Image search: [Google]
g06957figure03.jpg
34 KB, 370x360
It's full. Should I sell it or dump it?
>>
>>965726
What's the joke? If you're going to post something as unfunny as this AND you're not going to contribute, then please refrain from posting at all.
>>
>>965836
Post on craigslist. Paint thinner in such a large volume is a massive fire hazard. Volatile hydrocarbons
>>
>>965881
Is it legal to sell chems in such a large quantity?

just don't want to get van'd
>>
>>965709

Rip the lid off and hit it with a roman candle.
>>
>>965996
Ring your local recycling depot, see what the max bring is. They normally accept paints and chemicals. It's probably ten litres so just make six runs over the next six months
>>
>>965869
Never fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread.
>>
>>965996
Mineral spirits isn't a controlled chemical. I can go to home depot and buy the entire stock out.

>>965881
It's flammable, but not as flammable as other thinners. It has a 2 on the fire diamond.

If it's sealed properly and in a ventilated area, it poses no large threat.

OP, if you don't want it, selling is the best route. Depending on the brand and if it's full, you should be able to get $200+ for it.

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/home-builders/products/catalog/mineral-spirits/?selectedProductURN=urn%3Aproduct%3Asherwin_pro.mineral_spirits.001542323

Sherwin Williams is expensive as fuck compared to everyone else, but there is an example.
>>
>>966376
I just fucking replied to you, bitch.

What are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>966376
Do not set standards by which you cannot abide.
>>
contractors use it, and for a good deal will buy it.
Craigslist it.
>>
>>966538
I do not abide by standards of which are not abided by the likes of you.
>>
>>967079
Then do not expect me to follow the standards you set.
>>
>>965709
Why does this guy always look like he's about to kill himself?
>>
File: 1444851671042.png (898 KB, 1608x3360) Image search: [Google]
1444851671042.png
898 KB, 1608x3360
>>968632
He is like us but instead of 4chan he has IMDB.
>>
>>966444
probably whine about it online... A LOT.. that'll show you...
>>
>>968826
Poor guy. Fuck alimony.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.