[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine you are there in the middle of nowhere and you found;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1455164756054.jpg (79 KB, 680x660) Image search: [Google]
1455164756054.jpg
79 KB, 680x660
Imagine you are there in the middle of nowhere and you found;

How to make fire
How to build a house
How to fees yourself
How to make clay
How to make charcoal

And suddenly you find a Copper Ore

How can you make copper wire out of copper ore?

In case you cant, what are the minimun tools in order to make copper wire?
>>
OP here

I think that if you somehow managed to make a cilindrical ingot of copper, you could make a rock anvil, scratch a straight shallow line, and hammer the ingot down into that line, until the wire traps inside
>>
>>965599
>>965599
couldnt you just scratch a channel in some rock and pour the copper in it? it would be thick guage but it would "wire"
>>
one day Primitive Technology will make copper wire and build an generator to produce electricity and then build e-Motors and power tools
>>
>>965599
>In case you cant, what are the minimun tools in order to make copper wire?

Google?
>>
>>965599

very few of these things are used to make copper from copper ore.

and even fewer are particularly realistic.

Is this a thought experiment, or are you a desperate 13 year old with a copper vien in his backyard and a desire to do something stupid with copper wire?
>>
Earlier wire manufacturing is strip drawing technique.

Strips cut from metal sheet were made into wire by pulling them through perforations in stone beads. This causes the strips to fold round on themselves to form thin tubes. Such twisted strips can be converted into solid round wires by rolling them between flat surfaces or the strip wire drawing method.
>>
>>967446
One day Primitive Technology will create a camera to film the videos with.
One day Primitive Technology will create a server and optical fiber wire and make its own video distribution platform.
It will take 10 years but it would have been possible in 3 - had to take a break because of rain.
>>
There was this good book I read about a guy in England who made a toaster from scratch. he mined his own copper and made his own plastic out of potatoes. Wish I could give you the name though...
>>
>>965599
fuck of with your stupid fucking book, we arnt here to write a damn story for you.
if you want to play little writer sitting in a starbucks, research this yourself and leave real people alone.

last time you came here all you did was prove how big of a cunt you are.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.