[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a nitrate salt.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1400338-potassium_nitrate.jpg (206 KB, 800x583) Image search: [Google]
1400338-potassium_nitrate.jpg
206 KB, 800x583
My previous supplier vanished and I'm having a hard time finding a source with good volume to price ratio... could be potassium/sodium/ammonium nitrate.

I will keep trying to buy, but my diy ideas so far are:
1) Soil fertilizer
2) Fermenting urine with straw for a few months

Anyone got tips?
>>
>>965113
Yeah, fertilizers are good sources of nitrate salts.

Good luck with your vanning.
>>
Are you buying in bulk? Because i know ammoniium nitrate is in instant cold packs excluding walmart and stump remover is potassium nitrate you could also piss on the dirt in the same area for a year or so and make your own potassium nitrate
>>
Mohammed go home
>>
>>965113
Look for a home brew place that does won't as well. You can usually get nitrates from them
>>
>>965158
>Are you buying in bulk?
Don't need a barrel, just enough to keep my home lab stocked.

3) Instant cold packs
4) Stump remover

Thanks

I'll buy stump remover and nitrogen rich fertilizer after lunch and I know ancient Chinese and 18th century Germans had industrial production based on decayed mix of manure and vegetable matter that formed potassium nitrate crystals... time to investigate the compost pile.

>>965253
>Mohammed go home
* facepalm *
>>
>>965113
>ITT: OP is building an IED from scratch
>ALLAHU ACKBAR!!!
Please fuck off
>>
I'm not OP, but how do you make it?

What do you nitrate?

Is it just crystallized nitric acid?
>>
File: 814917.jpg (73 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
814917.jpg
73 KB, 225x300
>>965146
I got given 20 kg of the stuff and have mixed it with water and put it in stumps with a chainsaw cut in the top of them. There are legit uses for it. It will be interesting to she what happens when I try burning them in a month or so. Some of the stumps took over a week to burn without it and were a pita to keep going.
>>
>>965625
They still don't burn real well, since they get all punky and smolder.

The best way to get rid of stumps is to give em some potassium nitrate every couple months for a year or two, then have at it with a mattock.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.