[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too many hard drives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: think-outside-box.jpg (167 KB, 747x862) Image search: [Google]
think-outside-box.jpg
167 KB, 747x862
I have 50+ extra 2.5" 500 gb sata 2 hard drives laying around not being used. I've already jammed 16 of them into my gateway toaster in raid 10. Any ideas on what to do with the rest of them?
>>
>>964732
Bring them to recycle and do your part in saving the planet.
>>
>>964732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5C9iPm2UuE
>>
>>964737
I have these because I used to work at an electronics recycling facility and they were getting scrapped. They came out of a pallet of brand new DVRs that had a manufacturing problem.
>>
File: rack_front_25sa[1].jpg (17 KB, 400x155) Image search: [Google]
rack_front_25sa[1].jpg
17 KB, 400x155
>>964732
Clearly you need one of these, so you can make some 12TB storage drawers

http://www.addonics.com/products/srda.php.
>>
>>964732
Ebay them then and buy some shit you actually need.
>>
>>964740
If they work perfectly, sell them on Gumtree/Craigslist, and give the proceeds to a charity.

If they happen to be Western Digitals, there's a good chance you can flash them into Xbox 360 hard disks. If you do, make sure you image them off a real one, so's the backwards compatibility partition isn't shagged.
>>
Shit if you were selling cheap enough id buy a chunk of them.
>>
>>964741
I'm leaning towards this if I can do some shopping around and find a used or reasonably priced one. These drives look like they're going for around $25-$30 a piece on ebay at the moment. So I wouldn't want to overdo it with a rack if I could get a comparable setup with newer tech for a similar price.
>>
>>964747
word

I could use a new one right about now
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.