[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How plausible is it for me to lay a carpet? Poorfag here that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: carpet.jpg (878 KB, 2513x1669) Image search: [Google]
carpet.jpg
878 KB, 2513x1669
How plausible is it for me to lay a carpet?

Poorfag here that can afford a carpet, but not fitting.
>>
>>964499
I did it. It looks like shit and it was hard as fuck to do. I payed 300 for new carpet and padding in 2 15x15 rooms plus the stretching tool, blades and knives. The untrained eye cannot tell I did it, but I see it every day. When I redo it when the carpet is worn, I will pay someone. Also, the cheapest carpet is absolute SHIT at home depot. 7 months and it's already flat and worn in the walkways.
>>
Rent a carpet stretcher.
Look up how to use it.
Did a small room years ago, it wasn't too bad.
>>
>>964503
>Worn carpets
Take of your shoes silly American
>>
Wait for Home Depot to run a free install sale.

Carpet isn't hard, but it sucks balls, requires you to rent tools to do it properly.
>>
>>964525
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO BEAR SHOES SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
Carpet tiles are wicked easy to lay the glues the hardest bit or getting old ones off
>>
>>964563
I must argue that the God-given right to bare feet takes priority here
>>
Don't use carpet. It's so unhealthy it's not funny.

Carpet is basically a giant napkin on your floor you can't wash or change.

I hate trying to keep carpet clean.

And you get to breathe in all those disgusting particles that float up into the air from the bacterial soup that is your carpet
>>
>>964499
If you can't afford installing carpet, get a rub.
>>
>>964499
Floorlayer here.
It's somewhat basic, but anyone with healthy knees can fake their way through it so long as they don't try to put seams in it (join 2 pieces for a large room). If you have to do that I suggest practising on whatever scraps you cut off your roll to fit the rooms first. The only trick some people can't get the hang of is understanding you're stretching it in, so you have to plan out your install before you start so you don't stretch past a corner or doorway and move your pre-cut area away from where it should be. Take your time and remember you can't put it back together once you've cut it without ugliness (unless your damn good with the seaming iron)
>>
>>964633
>Carpet is basically a giant napkin on your floor you can't wash or change.
Carpet cleaners exist mate.
>>
Most carpet installs run between 0 and 25 dollars, m80
>>
>>964634
Yes, get a rub instead.
>>
File: 14706846.jpg (77 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
14706846.jpg
77 KB, 480x480
>>964786
this one is excellent imho Ć’ams
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.