[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: WIN_20160319_111448.jpg (320 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160319_111448.jpg
320 KB, 1600x1200
So I have a tv that is bugging out. It was changing tv inputs and channels on its own. My stupid idea was that it was the physical buttons and the pcb that they were connected to in the hopes that I would still be able to use the remote to control it without the previous problem. Well I suppose the the ir controller ran through the board I took out because the remote doesn't work. Obviously I have no idea what I am doing and need help getting this tv up and running. Please help fellas.
>>
>>964266
>Please help fellas.
>>964300
>>
>>964266
If you damaged the ir board, there is nothing you can do to fix it, time for a new tv for you.
>>
Ir receiver is fine i think. I just disconnected from where the actual controller or it runs through the controller. Im thinking of buying a replacement of it, magnavox brand. I really dont know a lot and was hoping for some input. The physical button board is where i guess the signal is put through to the main board but id be okay with a bypass method to just make it one hdmi and a hack to turn the thing on but i might be asking for a lot.
>>
File: IMAG0009.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0009.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
I removed the bottom board for the physical buttons and took the connecting cables from the ir and the main unit out but i imaginei can sand down the sauter or something and redo it with a new one.
>>
you're hard to understand. where are the buttons in the pic you posted? and where is the IR receiver? draw arrows with the Paint program. usually they go together on one small PCB, but you seem to think they're separate, so i'd like to see that for myself.
>>
File: 1458411615667.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1458411615667.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
This is where I pulled the board.
>>
>>964497
Dry the removed board with a hairdryer for a while. Try again. If it continues, desolder the pushbuttons if they are PCB mounted. My guess would be that the board completes the button part of the circuit somehow. I don't fucking know. Just remove the buttons from the board.
>>
Dont have the removed board as its been sitting for a while. Wish id taken more care. Is there a way to signal default hdmi and further, an on off switch.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.