[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys I need help. It's midnight and I've had a leaky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: leaky_faucet[1].jpg (12 KB, 300x294) Image search: [Google]
leaky_faucet[1].jpg
12 KB, 300x294
Hi guys I need help. It's midnight and I've had a leaky faucet for a few months presumably. I just checked and the problem is in the basement sink. The copper pipe is sexposed and all the way fro faucet to the tank there's no valve. The issue is in the hot water part. Can I some how just temporarily block the faucet? Can't really find a solution. Thanks.
>>
>>963678
So
You have a basement sink, and that faucet is leaking

By leaking you mean its slowly dripping when the facuet is shut off?

And there is no shut off valve to turn the water off?

Let it keep dripping.
Tomorrow turn the water to the house off, and replace the seats and springs of the faucet, or if its a shit faucet just replace the whole thing.

Its odd to not have a shut off valve, you can install one pretty easily and cheaply if you wanted to though.
>>
wrap the end of the faucet in duct tape to seal the leak.
>>
>>963680
Yea it's a basement sink and it's all hot water. the last water bill was 2x regular.every 3 month period was ~80 m^3 but the last one was 120m^3

Mainly there's no shut off valve fro hot water from that faucet to the heater. Basement is unfinished so all the pipes are exposed. It's also not dripping it's basically pouring, when the hot water valve is off.

>Tomorrow turn the water to the house off, and replace the seats and springs of the faucet, or if its a shit faucet just replace the whole thing.

Any idea how much this might cost?
>>
>>963681
That doesn't sound like it's going to work...
>>
>>963682
Seats and springs for a Delta or Moen faucet cost less than 5$. Thats usually for a small drip, but maybe a real bad one could cause a larger leak.

I can find crappy faucets starting at 25-30$ at my local hardware store.
Its really not that hard to install them
>>
>>963694
Oh, and i should point out there are some cartridge based faucets that supersede seats and springs. You can just throw a new cartridge in, but you probably wont find those in a hardware store.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.