[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I make a chocolate melanger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: santha9_large.jpg (54 KB, 454x341) Image search: [Google]
santha9_large.jpg
54 KB, 454x341
How can I make a chocolate melanger?
>>
>>963039
Jam a mixing paddle on the end of a corded drill.
>>
>>963044

The drill motor rotates way too fast. it should rotate about 1 cycle per second
>>
>>963046
So throttle it.
Jesus christ, you're not even trying. This is /diy/, not /handholding/
>>
>>963056
>>963044
this shit isn't helpful at all and you know it

not OP btw
>>
>>963058

yeah i don't know why that dummy even bothered to reply to this thread
>>
File: Meanwhile, In Soviet Russia___.jpg (113 KB, 640x585) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile, In Soviet Russia___.jpg
113 KB, 640x585
>>963059
Yeah fuck him.
>>
>>963039
well what you're gonna want to do, is order some copper magnet wire, various magnets. some shielding, some steel stock, and have a decent sized lathe to use, and an end mill. CNC machine would be quicker on some parts but not everything since its gonna be custom anyway.

In the next few post, im going to learn you how to;

>Basics of electric induction motors
>Deciding on what size electric induction motor fits your needs.
>The Science behind induction motors
>The turning of the shell of the electric motor casing.
>the turning of the arbor of the motor
>the turning and installing of the stator
>the turning and press fitting of the fan blades
>adding threading onto the end of your motor housing
>creating motor housing caps with threads
>winding and binding your electric motor
>dipping your stator and rotor
>balancing your motor shaft
>Installing a start capacitor
>assembly
>Turning a v belt pulley on your lathe
>machining a basic bowel.
>installing guide bearings into your bowel
>turning your bowel arbor
>milling and turning of the bowel paddles
>assembly of your bowel and its components
>balancing your bowel and its components to reduce vibration and increase efficiency.
>attaching your pulleys and v belt
>basic electrical run through
>setting up the mains electric hookup
>testing and troubleshooting
>>
>>963081
Still waiting desu
>>
>>963074

Unrelated, but I had shoot a horse and couldn't get him out of the barn first, he was fairly young and couldn't have weighed more than 600lbs so I just picked him up over my shoulder and half carried half dragged him 300 yards. I impressed the hell out of the neighbor girl who was watching from across the fence, but I guess I undid that when I walked over to her covered in dirt and horse blood. Really should have jumped in the creek first.
>>
>>963039
Put a stick up your arse and stop using faux-french.
>>
>>963976
>>963081
>>963074
>>963059
>>963044
If you aren't going to contribute, please refrain from posting at all.
>>
Sad to see nobody is giving good advice. I'll give it a shot.

Turntable, bundt pan and a baffle or two?
>>
File: image4.png (17 KB, 545x487) Image search: [Google]
image4.png
17 KB, 545x487
maybe this ?
>>
File: image5.png (32 KB, 545x487) Image search: [Google]
image5.png
32 KB, 545x487
>>964607
or this ?

My shitty concepts.
>>
>>964608
conch has grinding stones on it to crush chocolate and slowly generate heat via friction, paddles/spirals won't accomplish that and would just agitate the chocolate
>>
>>964790
oh ok
>>
>>964607
>>964608

You generally want to avoid liquid seals wherever you can in any kind of design. The fewer the better. In this case, something that simply sticks in from the top, requiring no seals, would be best.
>>
>>963039
It's extremely weird that I know this, but

http://indichocolate.com/products/wonder-grinder-model-1?variant=1205871269

Just buy this little guy. I met a chocolatier who raved about it--he uses it for testing recipes before putting it through industrial size machines he got from Brazil.

IIRC he occasionally used a heat gun to get the friction action started, or heated up the stones.

You could DIY but honestly I'd bet you'd spend about the same money for mediocre results, and you're probably more interested in getting down to making chocolate instead of fiddling with motors, sourcing grinding stones, and all that kind of shit.
>>
File: gvw.png (19 KB, 687x593) Image search: [Google]
gvw.png
19 KB, 687x593
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.