[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motion Sensor Light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: pirsensor.jpg (129 KB, 1200x718) Image search: [Google]
pirsensor.jpg
129 KB, 1200x718
Hi everyone, (Image may be related)

So i have this little room that is used as a archive, but i doesn't have any light, and i have to use the flash of the smartphone so i can search for what i'm looking for, so i want to build a motion sensor light, i was thinking in a circuit that i could easily control the time that the light is on, and i was thinking of connecting some type of LED light.

What do you guys say?

Thank's.
>>
>>962919
you know you can buy a light with a pir, timer and light sensor already put together right?

what's wrong with just a normal light switch?
>>
Like >>962933 said, you're probably better off buying one already made. But then you wouldn't be on /diy.

PIR sensors are fairly cheap. If you want bare minimalism, use one of those and a 555 to add your timer function. An easier route for control though would be an Arduino that controls a relay for the light switch.
>>
File: 168015_ts.jpg (138 KB, 1154x1154) Image search: [Google]
168015_ts.jpg
138 KB, 1154x1154
>>962919
Use this.

Or just get a stand up lamp.
>>
File: fuckinasshole.jpg (157 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
fuckinasshole.jpg
157 KB, 560x420
>room has no light
>want to build a light from scratch
>too fucking stupid to buy a lamp and plug it into an outlet
>>
>>962933
>>962963

Thing is, it is suppose to be a didatic project, i need to learn something you know, not just buy...

>>962982

More than 1 person using it sorry

>>962986
Joke's on you, you're talking without knowledge of the situation, the room doesn't even have a plug
>>
>>963393
>the room doesn't even have a plug
rooms don't usually have plugs
appliances have plugs
>>
>>963400
It doesn't have a socket or even electricity whatever i will have to run a cable from other room.
>>
First learn electronics then design and build it.Go to the ohm thread read. In about six to eight months U will have learned the knowledge U are eager to gain from the task and have a remotely powered PIR illuminator.
>>
>>962919
if there's a gap under the door (at least 1/4") just run an extension cord from another room and plug a lamp into that.
Or a plug-in lamp that hangs from your ceiling.
Those are fancier and take up less (none at all, really) floor space.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.