[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/, I just moved back home to save money and relocate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (374 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
374 KB, 1024x682
Hey /diy/, I just moved back home to save money and relocate to a better area but I cannot take the noise from my large family after living alone for so long. I've decided I'm going to build a small shed and throw a mattress in there, which is great because the property is huge. 10x12 is what im planning on. I'm not too handy but I have built a shed before so I'm fairly confident this will be easy peasy.

I have a couple questions.

>1) are there any torrents of basic shed plans that you guys know of?
>2) I know this will be far from accurate but If im just looking for bare minimum, pretty much a shack with nothing fancy, just the frame walls floors and roof, could this be done for around $600-800?

Pic related is what I'm going for, except with a door. I already have a foundation set to put it on. Is my price expectation unreasonable?
>>
>>962902

ur fuckin dumb dude
>>
>>962902
10x12 meters ? lol thats tiny for a property but whatever..
>>
>>962902
torrents? as if shed plans are secret?

is it basically an outhouse or is it supposed to be a liveable space?

for the basics: frame some walls, attach to slab, screw on some hinges and a board for a door, add sheathing outside, attach roof rafters with brackets, lay roof sheathing, put down some shingles

if you wanted electrical, insulation, windows, etc. that would take more doing
>>
Do you even need a drawing of a garden shed?

Just build something and use your brain while doing it.
>>
File: 1375641715154.jpg (133 KB, 933x732) Image search: [Google]
1375641715154.jpg
133 KB, 933x732
>>962902
>>
>>962929
Obviously 10x12 feet is the dimensions of the shed, not property. Fucking yuropoors being intentionally obtuse about units when they're clear from context is the worst part of this site, I swear.
>>
just do something nonviolent and go to jail
>>
File: 7b0[1].jpg (70 KB, 599x800) Image search: [Google]
7b0[1].jpg
70 KB, 599x800
>>962902
>>
>>962902
>could this be done for around $600-800?
Yes, definitely. I recommend using pier blocks or otherwise preformed foundation blocks available at box stores and lumber/building suppliers.

At 10x12, your floor is 2x8,and your roof COULD go 2x4s, but I'd go 2x6. Use rough sawn pine siding from lowe's (board and batten) and it'll provide structure as well as the siding. Seal the bottom edges on front and back before installation though, will prevent rot in the future.
>>
>>963147
muh inches
>>
Hey if you're looking for shed "size" check out craigslist and just get a shed. A lot of guy will give them away for free if you break it down and carry it off.

Spend the extra $$$ on solar oven, solar water heater, small panel to charge a phone.
>>
>>964139
Or just buy a damn extension cord
>>
>>964141
Or just buy ear plugs...
>>
Just build a basic tiny house I designed one that is 10x10 and has full utilities only problem for you is that it will cost a couple thousand to fully furnish. But it is definitely possible to make a shed livable.
>>
Shannon is the father you never had.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_QMJALct4
>>
>>965518
post pics
>>
I feel your pain OP as I live with someone who literally externalizes their every single thought.

but a pair of reusable ear plugs and a nice in ear headphones will be way cheaper, that is if sound is the 'only' reason.
>>
>>963147
>hurr-durr, fucking yuropoors
>burger mustardface here, how to live like a bum, lads?
>>
>>962902
on a side note, I aquired shitton of cindeblocks for free, can I build 20x20 shed "cabin"
>>
File: 20160131_223247_HDR.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160131_223247_HDR.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Gather junk bricks and put a fireplace in. I built a forge with brick found in ditch backs in rural California in a day, I'm sure you can find them where you live in a week.
>>
File: 20160327_003112_HDR-1.jpg (621 KB, 2448x1377) Image search: [Google]
20160327_003112_HDR-1.jpg
621 KB, 2448x1377
>>968329
Also you can male mortor from cement and sand by sifting the rocks and shit out of cement and mixing it 1:10 cement:sand. I mixed this 1:5 and it was to heavy on cement, when i expand from a breakdrum toa sink I'll mix 1:10.
>>
you moved home to save money, but you're willing to spend 6-800 on a shed to sleep in?
>>
>>962902

why a shed, why not invest properly and build a tiny house, and roll out when the time comes.
>>
Just buy a shed from home depot?
>>
>>962902
800usd of lead thin sheet.
Or 800usd of sand to fill the walls
The heavier the better.
>>
>>968478
That's less then a months rent in a ton of places.
>>
Be sure to consider your climate. You'll have every wall of your house directly in contact with 100% wholesome, organic, natural mother nature and she can be a real cunt in the winter and summer. I understand you have a slab, but make sure to plan for drainage. You don't want to be downhill of a huge deforested sit bean field after a huge rain storm. Take no chances with that... All it takes is one flood to fuck up your entire year.
>>
Can definitely be done for that cheap. Look for (good) recycled materials, free pallets (you'll have to break these down but they are useful), etc. I'm sure you can simply google some shed plans or buy a book.
>>
File: image.png (757 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
757 KB, 1242x2208
It's gonna have to be a cheap metal shed because wooden ones of that size are about a grand minimum. Here's a metal shed from homedepot for $428. since you're not going to retire there I wouldn't go overboard anyway. Buy some sheets of 4x8 foam board to insulate the walls and roof. Now you're at over $500 tax and all. Pick up a cheap futon for $150 or so and you're all set. With your budget constraints I'd say Craigslist is gonna be your friend here.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.