[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have an idea as to how I can do the pauldron. my last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 640x480
Anyone have an idea as to how I can do the pauldron. my last attempt failed horribly. and I wasted a lot of metal for it. I don't have a way to heat any of this so if there is any alternative way I could go about doing this any help would be greatly appreciated. It just has to cover the shoulder. it doesn't have to be perfect.
>>
File: conquerors-armor.png (339 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
conquerors-armor.png
339 KB, 800x800
im not an armour expert, nor a medieval expert, but if was making that, i would make a base out of leather and then rivet the metal to that leather. i feel like that would add comfort and extra protection, as well as making it easier to construct, since leather is a much easier material. Thats just me though, i really dont know much.
>>
>>962019
Thank you for the information I am not an expert either I might of bit off more than I could chew with this project. I need to dish the piece but I don't have a way to heat the steel :/ I am going to use leather thanks!
>>
>>962003
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Benchtop-English-Wheel/T25101
>>
>>962025
If I only knew how to use it lmao
>>
File: English Wheel.jpg (216 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
English Wheel.jpg
216 KB, 1600x1200
>>962033
the bottom wheel is rounded, you put sheet metal into it.
You tigthen it down and push the metal back and forth.

It creates bends in it to where you can round a sheet of metal nicely. Different wheels for different sizes.

Its pretty great, its how you make custom fenders or motorcycle gas tanks or any other sort of thing like that
>>
>>962039
This is so fucking helpful holy shit thanks man.
>>
You can also check relevant help and LARP threads on >>>/cgl/ for additional tips.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.