[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help with go kart belt drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
So I want to build a go kart, and I'm using a 30,0000 rpm brushless inrunner. I think I want to go with a timing belt drive system. The motor can output 1.5 kW, and I need a belt that can withstand both the high rpm and power. What sort of belts and pulleys should I use? The motor has a 8mm d bore shaft and I need a 1:5 ratio. I also will mount a #25 chain sprocket to the output pulley, I don't know how I could do that either. If someone could help point me in the right direction that would be lovely, I'm just struggling to know what to Google and how to understand belt specifications.
>>
What you are looking for is called a "toothed belt"
Check for electric scooter parts and you should find just what you need.
>>
For high output, is there any option of using a chain drive?
>>
>>961249
Not really, given the RPM.
>>
>>961274
>given the RPM
>fucking TIMING CHAINS

You can totally use a chain, do your research and find suitable chain/sprockets/attachment methods, others have done this.

You wouldn't be turning the chain at 30k rpm anyways given any sprocket you can use, slippage would be a huge problem with any significant amount of weight with that sort of rpm/power.
>>
>>961213
I would recommend a gear house before the chain/belt as high transfer ratios are inefficient due to the large tourqe difference.
Also 30K RPM wold need quite a high gear ratio to give sufficient torque at low speed..

Revers calculate the gear ratio from desired max speed, wheel circumference and motor max RPM*0.8
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.