[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had to replace the handheld shower head in our spare bathroom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 616A7QEY2AL._SL1000_.jpg (98 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
616A7QEY2AL._SL1000_.jpg
98 KB, 1000x1000
I had to replace the handheld shower head in our spare bathroom similar to pic this morning because the old hose was cracked.

After installing the new shower head, I only have a bare trickle of water coming out of it.

If I take the hose off, there's plenty of water. If I take the head off the hose there's plenty of water. If I put the old shower head on the new hose there's plenty of water.

Is there anything I can do, or is the new shower head just broken?
>>
maybe it has a shut-off option so you can lather your luscious thighs. try turning it. also, post pic of thighs.
>>
You should be getting the same volume of water unless you have a magical hose. Is it just slower?
>>
>>961117
I've tried all the different settings and none of them have decent water flow.

>>961120
It's definitely not the same volume of water.
>>
>>961115
Some kind of water saving cheap shit?
>>
>Some kind of water saving cheap shit?

yeah, that's probably it. fortunately, they're often easy to remove. just unscrew everything and pull out any plastic washer with holes you see, then re-assemble.
>>
>>961115
you turned the pressure all the way up?

95% chance it's a "low flow" model
>>
File: Flow_Restrictor.jpg (24 KB, 150x214) Image search: [Google]
Flow_Restrictor.jpg
24 KB, 150x214
>>961133
had this problem with one of the showers in my house when i moved in. my restrictor looked like these.
>>961135
i did this and it started leaking on me. In that case what i did was cut a large hole in the restrictor basically making it another washer so it all fit together snug.
>>
File: treetunnel_urjrj8r4j.png (507 KB, 657x411) Image search: [Google]
treetunnel_urjrj8r4j.png
507 KB, 657x411
>>961203
(not OP...)
Been there, done that. Me=USAfag
They used to make them where the flow restrictor was just a little washer with a small hole in the middle, and you could take it out and toss it.

Now they tend to make them where you can't put the whole thing together right without the flow restrictor (the connection will leak without it in there) so you need to drill a hole in it.

This is related to that other topic right now, where the guy says the water blasts out his bathroom faucet.... When I moved last time, the bathroom faucet was like that too. There was a flow restrictor washer in it that only had a hole about 1/8" across. I drilled it out to about 1/4" and life is much better.

The silly thing about water restrictors in the USA is that water prices in most places is less-than-dirt-cheap; water costs like 20 gallons for a PENNY. The only thing cheaper than water is fucking air. The only times that most people I know even mention their water bills is the month that they fill their swimming pools every spring.....

pic unrelated
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.