[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mass production product
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_20160226_114050_000.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160226_114050_000.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
I'm in college, design and production class, and for our exams project we'll be making a machine that'll be "mass" producing a part of a product. Something like a can crusher would be a good example, although that'd be too simple and boring to do.

What would some ideas for the product to mass produce be?

(Pic attached is most recent project, makes waffles)
>>
File: Gridlock-566x363.jpg (52 KB, 566x363) Image search: [Google]
Gridlock-566x363.jpg
52 KB, 566x363
>>958965
make a machine that makes itself
>>
>>958967
I like this idea, but that would probably be too much to make in the 8 weeks we have to make this.

We only get 2 weeks to make the actual product.
>>
>>958965
make a machine that makes origami
>>
Aluminium can making machine
>>
>>958969
I like this idea, will consider.

>>958971
Making cans?
>>
>>958972
yeah making cans, it's not that hard.
>>
balloon animal maker
>>
>>958973
I don't know, it still seems a little extensive compared to the amount of time we have to make this project.
>>
>>958965
cable installing machine, for like putting wires in a toy or something.
>>
>>958974
Not really sure how we would make this work
>>
>>958976
This would probably be too extensive too. But what about deisolating wires, and smelting the copperwire?
>>
>>958978
Do it.
>>
>>958979
We're kinda considering something like this now, not sure how we'd be smelting down the wires though.
>>
>>958980
Coil winder.
>>
>>958981
I like this idea, definitely writing it down.
>>
>>958965
http://preciousplastic.com/

Has plans for a load of plastic processing machines. Reusing waste plastic is always a crowd-pleaser.

Does it have to be fully automated? Or just merely reproduce the same component/or action/or whatever over and over.
>>
Silicone 'part' making machine
>>
>>958984
Does not have to be fully automated, as long as it makes a part of a mass production continuously. So the last one, I guess.

Reminds me of a video I watched some time ago, with a machine that cuts plastic bottles into string.
>>
>>958985
What parts are you thinking of?
>>
File: Large Hardon Collider.jpg (74 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Large Hardon Collider.jpg
74 KB, 750x600
>>958984
That link is fucking gold, mang.
>>
>>958989
Anatomically correct ones
>>
>>958993
We're not going to make dildos. I mean we could, but the teachers probably wouldn't allow it.
>>
>>958994
I meant fake silicone hands for like freaking people out.

Make nerf dart tips
>>
>>958996
I liked the idea of making dildos more, but yeah that probably works too.

We don't have any experience with silicon molding, but it doesn't seem too complicated.

We're still considering the deisolation of wires, and putting it on a spool.
>>
>>958969
THIS
>>
File: origami-figures-1l.jpg (51 KB, 978x547) Image search: [Google]
origami-figures-1l.jpg
51 KB, 978x547
>>958969
just outsource it to the third world
>>
So, I guess building a robot hand that uses a computer to automatically re-order a reel of resistors from digikey is out?
>>
>>958965
a machine that stacks and spotwelds cans together.

making a tower of welded cans.
>>
>>958967
fuck off skynet
>>
File: IMG-20160226-WA0028.jpg (35 KB, 403x591) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160226-WA0028.jpg
35 KB, 403x591
Jesus christ you're really stupid and lazy. All those things you called "too much time" for the timespan you have are well documented. Go to your University's library and get searching.

I'm a chemist, only thing i can recommend is for all things materials, e.g. silicon molding, flow inject, thermoplastic, just check Ullman's encyclopedia.
>>
>>959298
Well yeah the thing about my uni is that it's a college, and we've got very limited resources
>>
>>958965
What the fuck is up with those welds?
>>
>>959298
>I'm a chemist
> silicon molding
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yvVtTLff7c
>>
OP you should make an automatic idea generator for lazy fucks like you.
>>
>>959262

that would actually be pretty dope
>>
>>958965
How about making dice? You could just load up a hopper of squares and have the machine work all the sides, orientating them and drilling small holes in them.
>>
>>959697
It was late alright. I was still working out a reply to another thread about modelling.
>>
>>958998
You should mass produce something small, useful, and put your names on it. Like a keychain, a measuring device in the shape of a credit card, a button, handcuffs, suction cup dildos with the teachers name on it, a stamp with your names on it or a shape, braclets with waffles on them, a silicone figure of harriet.tubman with a magnet inside so you can display it on your locker, etc.
>>
Make a plastic filament extruder for 3D printers that can process recyclable materials. Toss in an auto-roller that fills spools and it'd be a good, simple project.
>>
>>960345
good idea, can make polyhedral dice for added challenge
>>
File: dxgymf3jifkloqtlzf4k.gif (3 MB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
dxgymf3jifkloqtlzf4k.gif
3 MB, 636x288
>>
>>958965
>Learn to cast iron
>make full tang knives
>?
>profit
>>
>>959602

I was just about to ask that same thing... looks like shit tier welding to me...
>>
>>958965
Has to be fully automated?
What about a copper nail maching?
i say copper because is soft
>>
S'more machine
>>
Make a machine that can kill black people and then stealth into Rand Paul.
>>
File: lpur2i6nhakfpvv906pj.jpg (87 KB, 772x397) Image search: [Google]
lpur2i6nhakfpvv906pj.jpg
87 KB, 772x397
>>963508

Oops literally thought I was on Pol. Sorry DIY you may proceed.
>>
>>958965
can make a fucking automated waffle machine but can't handle simple welds.
>>
>>963612
Doesn't even look like a good automated waffle machine.

What, do you have to get the waffle out yourself? Putting your hand near two hot plates with no shielding, when a weld could break and waffle your hand?

Least you could do is elevate it and make the bottom one flip and release the waffle to a plate.

I've seen how they do it in mass production for freezer waffles, s much better.
>>
>>958965
NHL?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.