[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok guys, im getting ready to live the nomad life. How bad did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: orders.png (103 KB, 976x1018) Image search: [Google]
orders.png
103 KB, 976x1018
Ok guys, im getting ready to live the nomad life.

How bad did i fuck up.

Im planning to build a small trailer i can haul with my bike or my car.
Any tips for insulation?
>>
Country? Have fun getting tags on that "trailer". Where do you plan on charging those batteries? Overall I give you a 0/10 if this isn't a troll post and 2.7/10 if it is.
>>
>>958094
Oh this again.
Well to sum it up: its going to suck balls. Preparing food, going to the toilet, sleeping, cleaning yourself, having a social life, storing stuff; its all going to suck. Why are you doing this? Just apologize to your parents and they may let you move back in. Seriously though, you do not want this.
>>
>>958103
Wut? Its just my base. I dont need to charge batteries yet as i live in a house. I will worry about that later.

>>958106
Well at the very least its an experiment. Im doing this because i believe technology has advanced enough to the point where i can make all of those tedious tasks manageable.

Even if this doesnt work out, well, i only spent a little more than $500. Ill take it farther if it works out like i planned.
>>
>>958109
That's great that it's a base. You'll still need to get it registered if you're going to have your car tow it. You'll need to charge your batteries later. How is that going to happen?

I'm trying to think of this new technology that makes shitting and washing yourself outside in the woods fun and manageable but I'm not coming up with anything.

This is a really dumb idea op and I really hope you're kidding.
>>
>>958109
>experiment
>technology

You're buying the shit you're going to use for this meaningless task using the technology you're saying you want to avoid.

You can live a normal and comfortable life without throwing yourself balls deep in 'technology'.

Give it up pal. It's going. Nowhere.
>>
File: 71B3VRih9UL._SL1500_.jpg (102 KB, 1500x1088) Image search: [Google]
71B3VRih9UL._SL1500_.jpg
102 KB, 1500x1088
>>958133
>I'm trying to think of this new technology that makes shitting and washing yourself outside in the woods fun and manageable but I'm not coming up with anything.

>What is a compost toilet?
>What is an electrical water pump/Shower Spray?
Literally all you need is a bucket with water in it.

>>958152
>Give it up pal. It's going. Nowhere.
How would you know? Have you tried it before?
>>
>>958165
No I haven't because I can see before wasting my time it would go nowhere and I'd be back in my parents spare room before the end of autumn.
>>
You could have bought a shitty van big enough to live in for that price.

Other than that
>black and decker
>>
>>958165
I like how you think the plan is so great even though you have no answers to how you'll deal with the problems you face. Good luck kid. I give you three weeks until you give up and move back in with mommy and daddy.
>>
File: E1446386948641.gif (267 KB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
E1446386948641.gif
267 KB, 400x310
>>958195
Seriously though, i come here with a DIY aspiration and all i get is bashed on because

>hurr, OP YOU STUPID
>MUH FAILURE
>MUH STUPID PROJECT

Literally fucking cancer, kill yourselves.
>>
>>958211
maybe 4chan is not the right place for you
>>
>>958211
It isn't even a fucking project. You got some tools and a little wagon. You didn't say what you want to do with them. You didn't give us a budget to work with. You didn't tell us your skills. You didn't say shit. As far as we know you want to put a dildo on the drill and ride around on your wagon fucking yourself in the ass.

What the fuck do you want to insulate? Are you going to build walls on the wagon or what op?

If you want some help tell us what you want and we'll help.
>>
>>958211
Because people like you with the same bullshit ideas come and go. And we never hear of their success afterward.

There is no success story and these threads are now like memes do DIY frequent users.

There are countless threads where genuine worthwhile ideas have serious worthwhile answers, because you know, they're not fucking bullshit.
>>
>>958094
inb4 dremel should be a die grinder, black and decker needs replaced with dewalt, and stanley needs to be a snap on set
>>
>>958094
>$80 on a shitty black and decker drill with a hammer.
Jesus fuck.
>>
>>958271
You didnt even look hard enough, thats not even a regular rotary dremel. Its a bastardized mini circular saw angle grinder thing.

Those extra tools that come with the black and decker, they look real quality!
And we know how great Stanley has become!
>>
Did you get a socket set yet? Doesn't matter if it's metric, imperial, deep well, or the drive type. It's all literally the same.
>>
>>958276
I got a corded Matrix drill on sale for $19.

I used it to make a 2x4 bench.
Drilled pocket holes, and then used it to drive the screws into it. Not abuse.

The bearings growl and its kind of rough now.
The Lithium version of the same drill, $100.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt seeing how BD makes Dewalt and Porter Cable, but was still vastly disappointed in it. It truly is a piece of shit
>>
>>958282
Look in the OP, he bought a complete enough socket set.

>Doesn't matter if it's metric, imperial, deep well, or the drive type. It's all literally the same.

What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>958094
>im getting ready to live the nomad life.

Buy a van. Vandwelling has a lot of resources out there.
Dont waste your time and money making an awful trailer which looks suspicious.
>>
>>958211
This thread is cancer. If you lurked for a week you'd see this exact thread. Tools, resources, and location change but it's the same idea. The responses aren't the cancer, you are. These threads are the equivalent of "can milhouse be a meme" threads on /b/.
>>
You're screwed. Have fun on the streets anon.
>>
>>958103
Your trailer having Internet is encouraging.
>>
>>958094
sorry your idea was shot down by the /don't/ brigade
try /out/, this idea might be better received there
>>
>>959605
That makes no sense. You're almost as dumb as op.
>>
>>958226
>anon says he's leaving civilization behind
>no success stories
if someone's leaving civilization behind why on earth would they come back to civilization and post about it?

the lack of success stories - are - the success stories you twat.
>>
>>959630
>implying they're not too embarrassed to admit failure

Top kek lad
>>
>>959636
>Implying the ones that actually tried it didn't freeze to death because they had no real world experience.
>>
>>958094
Why not just get a van, its totally do-able just dont look like your camping or homeless.
>>
Check on >>>/out/, they have threads on this sometimes.
>>
try /r/vandwellers, you'll get lots of info from people living the life.
/DIY/ is a terrible place to discuss vague ideas. Come back when you have an actual problem to solve with your build.
>>
>>959630
Christopher McCandless.
>>
>>959725
>a failure story is the same as never hearing from someone again
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
>>959664

mfw not listed in catalog.
mfw only one thread.

>4chan
>out
pick one.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.