[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was looking to get off some scuff marks/scratches of this table.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160305_164316543.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160305_164316543.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
Was looking to get off some scuff marks/scratches of this table. I stored it outside with a blanket on and somehow it got all these marks on it, I posted the before and after pic. I already tried general cleaner and it didn't do a whole lot, is there a good product I can use?
>>
>>957061
>a good product I can use?
A belt sander?
>>
>>957062
Pretty much this. Take better care of your shit op.
>>
I take good care of my stuff, my mom put it outside and I have no idea what she did with it

Is there really no other way I can fix it? Maybe there's a wood cleaner or something like that
>>
>>957075
I feel like you're trolling. How would wood cleaner get off scratches? You're gonna have to sand and refinish it.
>>
Well they're not really scratches, more like marks that aren't coming out easily. I had it outside with a blanket over it so I'm not sure where the marks came from
>>
>>957080
Animals getting under the blanket
>>
>>957080

It doesn't fucking matter where or how the marks happened fuckwit...they are...

So go and pinch $500 from Mom's purse and take the top to a cabinetshop...

They'll fix it right up for ya, ready to make Mom proud of her little girl...
>>
>>957089
Was on a screened in porch, so no animals were near it
>>
>>957096
Christ op, you're really pissing me off. It doesn't matter where they came from. You're going to have to sand and stain it.
>>
File: image.png (101 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
image.png
101 KB, 500x366
>>957097
W-well in not OP but I want to solve the mystery together
>>
>>957333
Okay friend. My guess is op bumped it into a bunch of walls because he's a huge pussy.
>>
File: image.jpg (360 KB, 828x1403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
360 KB, 828x1403
>>957364
I think you might have solved the mystery
>>
>>957597
I hate frog posters but for some reason I feel like you're bretty okay anon.
>>
File: lifeaintthatbad.jpg (17 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
lifeaintthatbad.jpg
17 KB, 240x232
>>957751
Thanks, friend. You too.
>>
>>957061
well, cleaner won't fix that because they're fucking scratches. therefore removing gunk will not fix the hole in the surface. You can TRY using one of those minwax repair sticks, to fill the gap with a colored wax and buff it smooth, which will hide the scratch but still be a much more delicate surface, or you could sand down the area until the scratches disappear and you've gotten down to a smooth surface, at which point you can re-stain and seal. given that you have no idea what stain or seal it is, it'd possibly be easier to strip/sand/scrape the whole tabletop for that.
>>
I don't think my camera captured what the table looks like. I'll clean it and take another pic
>>
>>957061
Sand your table, OP. It's one of the rites of passage. Inane, tiring, mainly cosmetic and tedious.

Then set it with some good quality oil, and Bob's your uncle. Scuffing is not as bad if it's properly oiled. Fuck laqueur for utility tables, man.

Besides, tables are made to be used. If you fret over scuffs, you probably shouldn't be using the table for you know, purposes.
>>
>>957897
Please don't. Take a picture after you sand and finish it though.
>>
If they aren't too deep, rub walnut oil into it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.