[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
change game on n64 cartridge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: bad fur day n65.png (222 KB, 484x336) Image search: [Google]
bad fur day n65.png
222 KB, 484x336
I'm trying to change the n64 game on the cartridge and I'm wondering how to. Has anyone else done this?
>>
File: n64.jpg (39 KB, 592x443) Image search: [Google]
n64.jpg
39 KB, 592x443
never done it for the N64 but for other systems, all i did was unsolder the ROM, then put in an IC socket so i could plug in the same ROM or any other of the same size.
>>
So I need to take out the circuit board and unsold error the rom on it
>>
>>956994
That's the gist of it, yes. You gotta make sure that the new rom is compatible with the donor board, so to speak. If you're gonna burn the same game on the new IC then you've nothing to worry about.
>>
actually, i dont think this will work coz Nintendo, the Japanese Jews, have a special chip in the cartridge called a CIC that provides the boot code. it needs to check that the ROM has the correct signature, and this chip is used all during gameplay, so you cant just inject a signal at the start. no one has been able to replicate its functionality. seems you need buy some no-longer-made gadgets to hack the ROMs.
>>
>>956989
I seriously hope thats not the game you want to destroy
>>
>>957012
It just checks for the cic, it doesn't matter what version chip it is.
I've fixed a few n64 games by swapping roms and they work.

OP you need to make sure the board is compatible with whatever game you want to swap.
For example Conkers uses the same board as Star Wars shadows of the empire.
There is a website that lists what boards go with what games, or you can just look by opening your games.
Buy a gamebit set for $1 on ebay if you don't already have them.
>>
>>956989
>bad fur day
>change the game
jesus fuck op
please just buy an injection moulder and commission a die and pcb to make some blank cartridges.
if you ruin bfd you are an idiot
you know it was a limited production because n64 was basically eol right?
i'm not even a game guy and i'm triggered.
>>
>>957083
>buy broken BFD for 10 bucks
>swap in nhl 99
>sell for like a gorillion dollars

op is a scamming piece of shit
>>
Go find a job Tyrone
>>
>>956989
http://www.stoneagegamer.com/everdrive64-v2-basic.html
>>
Do not wreck that game. That game is worth money.
>>
>>957081
>I've fixed a few n64 games by swapping roms and they work.
Just wait until they detect it. You're going to get banned then you'll only be able to play offline.
>>
>>956989
>sell game to /vr/ saying its the limited japanese english version for like $300
>buy an everdrive
>>
Just take the sticker off the front and put it on another cartridge OP so easy
>>
File: oh du.png (70 KB, 253x235) Image search: [Google]
oh du.png
70 KB, 253x235
>>958321
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.