[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wondering how it's made? How can i make one ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_3445.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3445.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Wondering how it's made?

How can i make one ?
>>
Order from China.

Or 3d print a high resolution positive, make a silicone negative, and pour molten PVC in it in two parts.
>>
>>956803
With great difficulty unless you have a CNC.
>>
op do you already have one or access to one?

if so then it will be easy as fuuuuck

the original was probably injection molded, but thats fine you can make one easy

k so take original

make a mold negative using silicon or just press it into a block of clay

fill the triumph part with blue flexible casting plastic shit, fill in the black part with black

when both are dry, fill in the rest with the white flexy plastic shit

look up resin casting mold

you can even add a rag holder to it, so you can clean up the oil leaks when you are done riding your triumph
>>
>>956863

I do have one. Should i make the mold in MDF or Aluminum ?

>>957049

I don't want to make one like that, i wanna make with a different design. I just don't figure out how to paint, those keychains have a great finishing.
>>
OR
uod mold of tr mold causing an impression into the perspex.
sand smooth until no depression remains, then use magic...
perspex has a memory, so warm it back up in an oven & the part you squashed in will pop back out as a raised logo.
it's fun.
>>
>>957340
What. If you have a CNC why do you need to make a mold?
>>
>>957363
fucking trackpads
*looks like perspex, or acrylic sheet - which is thermoplastic (has a memory)
*make a mold of the logo you want to stand out on the keyfob...
warm your blank fob until soft and squeeze it between your mould and a bit of wood in a vice
sand smooth
warm back up in an oven and the squished bits will return to their original size, raised up above the level you've now sanded away

looks like magic, would give the effect you want
>>
>>957340
yiou dont paint them, you mold them using 3 different colours,

make mold out of aluminum if you h av e cnc access
>>
>>957049
Not op here, but what kind of plastic resin would one use to make a rubber patch like in op picture?
>>
>>957833
Some PVC/TPE blend likely.
>>
>>957901
Like plastisol?
>>
>>957833
>>958156
im not sure exactly, but yeah something like a plastisol, ive seen the chinese use some kind of liquid PVC in an EFD type setup

>>957366
if you cnc you will not get a solid one piece part with 3 colours,
also trying to cnc rubber-ish stuff
>>
File: 1444323055962.png (29 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1444323055962.png
29 KB, 256x256
>>956803
I am going to order so silicone and some pigments and try this. For the mold I have access to a 3d printer and I will print off the a 3d render of the patch and put it to clay, which I will bake.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.