[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone recommend me a tutorial or a yt channel or whatever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: personalcomputerhardwareparts.png (72 KB, 590x488) Image search: [Google]
personalcomputerhardwareparts.png
72 KB, 590x488
can someone recommend me a tutorial or a yt channel or whatever that teach how to build your own computer, i know reeeally few about the subject.
and please no randy taylor shit, i need something more detailed and with less distractions than that
>>
>>956396
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WLYB-RWrZg
>>
>>956404
you are autistic enough to know that video, jokes on you
>>
>>956406
I googled "how to use legos youtube"
Its almost as hard to google as "how to build a PC youtube"

I guess I am just a google fu master though.
>>
>>956396
Its extremely easy. There are hundreds of them on YouTube. Just type in what you want to use the computer for like gaming video editing or making music followed by pc build you can't really go wrong.
>>
>>956408
is not that i didn't googled that, i just wanna know if anyone here know a specific channel or site that is really good for a diferent reason, google master
>>
Quite literally look up how to build a computer on YouTube, that will get you what you need. If you want good videos just about computer tech look up "linus tech tips" or "netlinked daily"
>>
>>956411
>make sure you use standoffs in the case
>remember to plug the CPU power cable in with the 4/8 pin connector on the motherboard
>remember to plug in you 6 pin connectors to video card
>make sure CPU cooler has thermal paste on it and is fully seated
>find the pinout for your front panel to get the power button working

Thats it, just plug in everything else. You really cant mess it up unless you try to.
Not sure whhy you need someone to hand hold you instead of just doing a little research.
>>
>>956419

he's just 14 and doesn't want to waste money
>>
>>956424

http://www.logicalincrements .com/
>>
you plug stuff in, that's as complicated as the "building" gets
>>
File: Capture.jpg (74 KB, 850x626) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
74 KB, 850x626
linustechtips helped me a lot when i built my computer in december. First time build ever and i think it works well.

Here's a pick of my setup
>>
>>956424
Plugging in an intel cpu is pretty exciting the first time.

Amd has a much nicer socket and heatsink clip.
>>
>>956419
>Thats it, just plug in everything else. You really cant mess it up unless you try to.
>Not sure whhy you need someone to hand hold you instead of just doing a little research.

I know this is 4chan and all, but generally when I'm learning something new and I want to research information on how and all that, I typically go to forums and ask questions.
>>
>>957684
And those forums will promptly tell you to fuck off and use the search button.

This isnt 2002, you dont even have to deal with jumpers or bootdisks or bios settings or anything remotely tough anymore.

All you have to do is google a bit and a plethora of information will come up helping you.
What OP is looking for in a youtube video that doesnt exist.

If he would do a bit of googling and learn a baseline of what he is trying to do, the overview videos on youtube would make perfect and total sense. Instead he is going in blind and wonders why he isnt understanding it.
>>
>>957720
>And those forums will promptly tell you to fuck off and use the search button.
usually they do not.
>>
>>957727
Depends on the forum. Sometimes they just won't reply at all.
>>
>>957727
Go post this thread verbatim to Tom's hardware and see what happens.

It happens in most big forums. Something so menial that has been rehashed so many times, nobody is going to give you the time of day because you are lazy.
>>
>>956396
I have tutorial for you.
>set your budget
>find CPU and graphics card you want
>find motherboard that suits your cpu and gpu
>find ram and power supply for the rest
>find all the other things (tower, hdd, monitor if you need it...)
>adjust for your budget again
>???
>profit!

If you meant physical putting together than just align the holes so that it fits. Put things into right sockets, if you don't know waht goes where consult the instruction in your motherboard
>>
>>956396

Building a computer is easy...only thing hard is decided how much to spend, what hardware you're gonna get.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.