[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Raspberry Pi Value
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Raspberry-Pi-2-side-3.jpg (243 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Raspberry-Pi-2-side-3.jpg
243 KB, 1500x1000
I'm considering buying the brand new Raspberry Pi 3 model B but I'm just wondering if it is a good value. I'm very interested in the multitude of projects available and I do have programming experience. Also I'm curious how cheap I could build a 3d printer using this raspberry pi
>>
>>956124
bump
>>
Only you can decide if it has value.
>>
>>956131
I'm asking if it is worth the upcharge for the Pi 3 model B versus the other models
>>
File: samuel johnson.jpg (241 KB, 446x600) Image search: [Google]
samuel johnson.jpg
241 KB, 446x600
>Also I'm curious how cheap I could build a 3d printer using this raspberry pi
>>
>>956132
They're the same price
>>
>a good value
Best you can get
>build a 3d printer
The controller isn't the hard part
>upcharge for the Pi 3
Whatnow?
>>
File: 1455391931896.jpg (135 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1455391931896.jpg
135 KB, 600x600
get your tickets right here
>>
I'd like to use a Ras Pi to control the speed and direction of rotation of a motor as well as monitoring performance data.

There are times when I feel like my garbage disposal could be failing to do it's job properly, and would like real-time updates sent to my mobile phone when failure is imminent.

Also my blender really takes a beating sometimes when i make smoothies. chopping up ice too much too fast could burn out the motor. I was considering Wifi enabling the device and connecting it to an app on my phone using a graphical display showing the proper amount of ice to add at any given time to avoid unnecessary repairs or premature failure. I also believe my smoothies could be much creamier if I could modulate the blades rpm and reverse direction of rotation to get more bubbles during the vortex collapse.
>>
Is it possible to unlock an iPhone with a rasp pi?
>>
File: 1396695537103.gif (533 KB, 400x192) Image search: [Google]
1396695537103.gif
533 KB, 400x192
>>956255
>>
I know there is arduino 3d printer kit, but I don't think there is one for Raspberry Pi. Maybe you can buy that 3d printer kit and change it to use Raspberry
>>
>>956255
Come on FBI, now you're just getting desperate.
>>
>>956282
Maybe you can print a rasp pi and a printer that's compatible with it.
>>
>>956286
kek
>>
Dont make the same mistakes I did. Get an arduino
>>
If you're interested in an ARM with good CPU/Ram get an Odroid. It's like 5 times more powerful for only $5 more but doesn't have wifi/bluetooth built in. Smaller community so don't expect step by step walk throughs for any projects you wanna do. Gotta figure it out for your self.
>>
I can only find the kit atm on amazon for $80. Im going to wait foe the price to go down in the interim i just got the 2 B
>>
>>956124
Do you have a project in mind to build it with? Yes.
Do you not have a project in mind, but you feel like you will eventually? Yes.
Do you not wanna DIY it at all, you just want one just for the sake of getting one? Probably not worth the investment.
>>
>>956612
The Odroid is cool as hell but the problem I have with it is I use my RasPi for lots of portable shit that uses tiny ass screens, and not only does the Odroid not support TFT screens like that very nicely but the heatsinks/fans take up so much clearance and basically eliminate any chance of stacking. For other purposes it's a great little device and if you're doing like a micro-PC build it's ideal but other than that I can't find any good use for it
>>
>>956124
>Also I'm curious how cheap I could build a 3d printer using this raspberry pi
Use Arduino mega instead.
>>
Just a random question - can you run skype on RPi3? Has anyone tried it?
>>
File: seriously-.jpg (33 KB, 555x415) Image search: [Google]
seriously-.jpg
33 KB, 555x415
>>956255
>>
>>956978
there is no skype for Linux ARM.
the only way to get skype running on ARM is by using Android

>>956124
> how cheap I could build a 3d printer using this raspberry pi
you don't need a rPI for that
>>956246
>'d like to use a Ras Pi to control the speed and direction of rotation of a motor as well as monitoring performance data.

you dont need a rPI for that either
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.