[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
podcasting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: old tits.png (281 KB, 440x328) Image search: [Google]
old tits.png
281 KB, 440x328
I've always wanted to produce radio. I bought a razer seiren. Now wat.
>>
Talk
>>
>>955119
I already have a topic too. ALIENS. but I dont have a program to record or edit with, it's my last obstacle, i even have a few shows written out
>>
Just talk to yourself, the end result will be the same.
>>
You can use a variety of free programs to record, such as audacity, or reaper.
>>
>>955118
>I bought a Razer seiren, now what?
Sell the Razer and buy a real Mic. Like literally a beaten up shure SM and a tiny behringer mixer/pre with USB input would be 3x better.

Ince you've done that, find a room with good acoustics and record your podcasts in there and edit them in audacity or whatnot.

Community radio, local media services and some websites will be able to host your podcasts, and they might be legit interested as Long as your stuff isn't /x/ tier.
>>
File: 41vytayX5XL.jpg (20 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
41vytayX5XL.jpg
20 KB, 300x500
>>955118
>razer seiren

i hope you realize that at least half the price of that mic was for the razer brand

Return it if you can, if not then try to sell it for as much as you can and buy a real mic

Look for the MXL V67G, its a really nice quality mic that thats been discontinued so the price has been dropped by around $200, you can get it for about $90

and get an audio interface, not only do you need one for the mic to work but without it your audio is going to be shit, youre probably going to be peaking all over the place without one

in all it should cost about as much as the seiren for much higher quality audio

make sure you record in a area with low echo, cover your walls with foam mats, rugs, record in an area with book shelves or if you really want to ghetto it do it under a blanket, you'll look stupid but it will work

you can also build a mini sound booth for cheap, its not the best solution but its a hell of a lot better than nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTeUeRxAS7M

and DO NOT use a blue yeti, snowball, the seiren you have, or other gaming/usb mics, they are toys, they sound better than your usual gaming headset mic but for actual work they are worthless

if you want to do something with voice and audio and your audio is shit, then it doesnt take a genius to tell you why that wont work

aside from that you should start learning and practicing improv comedy, and i recommend doing your first few shows at least with guests preferably in the same room or at least with a decent audio setup as well

seriously, new mic, you can be entertaining as hell but if you sound like your talking into a can then no ones going to listen to you
>>
>>955118
Stream... YouTube, twitch, what ever you like. it'll save videos after.
>>
>>956333
Im not OP but im saving your comment the information you wrote is really pertinent, thank you anon
>>
>>956333
I came here to tell OP to get a real mic, but you beat me to it.
>>
>>957071
And someone beat him to it too kek. I think OP is long gone though.
>>
>>956333
So this mic is good because it's cheap and of good quality, but is there a more modern mic that may be more, but outranks this mic?
>>
>>957162
Neumann U87 m8.
Seriously, get a modest but not gimmicky Mic to start with and work your way up, as a decent Mic is important but the acoustics of your recording area are far more important.
>>
>>957162
its made my a highly reputable mic company, they just replaced this model with a newer one so you can get these cheaper now but they're still high quality mics

as a bonus that emerald and gold color scheme is pretty sexy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvWQu6lNGFY

heres an audio sample, its a youtube video from 4 years ago so there may have been some compression fuckery but it should give you an idea

Its a matter of how much you're willing to spend, if you can afford a $1000+ mic then get one but if youre just starting out and on a budget then this is probably your best option.
>>
>>955122
>but I dont have a program to record or edit with, it's my last obstacle, i even have a few shows written out
Audacity, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>955118
>Helping the mentally retarded save money.
I could sympathize with your desire to help a superior corporation make more money from their superior product but since as you said they're discontinued, I wish you would keep your mouth silent on the matter.
>>
>>956333
>aside from that you should start learning and practicing improv comedy, and i recommend doing your first few shows at least with guests preferably in the same room or at least with a decent audio setup as well
Why is /diy/ better at comedy advice then /lit/ or /tv/? How the fuck does that make sense.
>>
>>957695
Why do you think Game Grumps is so popular? Thats literally what they are, two improv comedians bouncing stuff off each other while playing games.
>>
>>956333
That is a pretty sexy mic.
>>
>>959125
>sexee mememic.
>nope.jpeg

now that (pic related) is sexy. Aint actually designed for studio/radio/podcast either (live vocal mic), but, I guarantee you, still be better. than that thing. whatever tf that is.
>>
File: 1442002374130.jpg (23 KB, 359x316) Image search: [Google]
1442002374130.jpg
23 KB, 359x316
>>959132
>Shure sm58
>better than MXL v67
>better than an MXL anything

The sm58 is barely better than a blue yeti
>>
File: 1435225109415.jpg (1 MB, 5034x3356) Image search: [Google]
1435225109415.jpg
1 MB, 5034x3356
>>959132
Thats a good one Anon.
>>
>>957707
>Why do you think Game Grumps is so popular?

Not really sure, there isnt any real chemistry between any of the hosts. They are improv comics trying too hard, even the early stuff with Jon.

There are a lot of better Lets Play people who actually have chemistry and are funny together on youtube. A TON of them, and its seems genuine.

OP is fucked regardless
>>
>>959305
Say what you want, they were good on on the spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFmJCXIj7P8
>>
>>959319
at least dan is
>>
who wants to bet OP didnt listen to a thing in this thread?
>>
Large Diaphragm Dynamic Microphone.
>>
>>960831
for you
>>
>>957707

Children like watching goofy retards play video games because they are easily entertained children and manchildren.
>>
>>960898
maybe, but their most popular series are ones that last 50-70 episodes and most kids dont have the attention span to watch those.
>>
>>959144
>>959274

>not using a 57

i know huh
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.