[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tDCS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: produkte_tES_dcsp_1_large.jpg (100 KB, 700x638) Image search: [Google]
produkte_tES_dcsp_1_large.jpg
100 KB, 700x638
I want to zapp my brain for relaxing or increasing focus.
Does anyone have experience with DIY tDCS? Where and how do I start?
>>
>>954784
If you need to ask just don't try it, please.
>>
>>954794
Screw this guy.

Try it, livestream it.
>>
>>954784
fucking wireheads
>read the rules
>no drugs
>>
>>954784
I am also intreasted in this.
Google scholar can help but there isnt really enough trial data to prove that it works or is safe.
>As a side note: the USAF is using this currently to fast track drone pilots through training programs wtih notable success so there must be something to it

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/amping-up-brain-function/
>>
>>954794
Shut up you fool! This one belongs to SCIENCE! now.

>>954784
Make sure you live-stream it, for science.
>>
>>954784
Oh, just tape two ends of a lampcord to your head, plug it in, and flip the switch. The Establishment has been spreading lies for decades about silly things like 'electrocution', they just don't want anyone to have any fun! Just do it, it'll literally change your life.
>>
File: 1441987395056.gif (1 MB, 174x188) Image search: [Google]
1441987395056.gif
1 MB, 174x188
>>954784
Electro shock therapy for relaxation

Kek

Make sure you post a link for the livestream op, this is gonna be good
>>
>>954805
>low current
>http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/amping-up-brain-function/
>amping up brain function
>amping up
>amping
>up

do these fucking niggers even electric?
This is the definition of amping down.
>>
>Local DJ kills self in accident involving homemade headphones
>>
>>954784
IT IS OF SIMPLE OPERATION COMRADE!

FIRST YOU MUST SHAVE YOUR HEAD! THIS IS TO IMPROVE CONNECTIVITY!

SECOND YOU MUST TAKE A PAIR OF BATTERY JUMPERS WITH WET SPONGES ATTACHED!

THIRD! FIND POWER SOURCE OF 12 VOLTS OR MORE! PREFERABLY HIGH AMPERAGE! YOU MUST GET THROUGH THE SPONGES!

FOUR HOOK BATTERY JUMPER CABLES TO POWER SOURCE! APPLY WET SPONGES TO HEAD!
>>
>>954784
I have actually built one of these. This one here to be exact:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/build-tdcs-brain-stimulator/

I thought I wired it wrong, and thought to myself "this is never going to work" as I switched it on.

I went completely blind in my right eye for about a second, my pupils were dilated different sizes, and there was that taste of electricity in my mouth.

I tried doing homework with it to see if it helped. You know that feeling after you fill out a crossword and are given the same crossword to do again? that "I know this shit" feeling? i felt like that about my homework, dispite not actually seeing any sort of performance increase. It didn't really help me at all, but it felt like I knew everything, which might have just been a placebo.

This is what true power feels like, but I would not recommend it if you actually care for your brain.
>>
>>954784
You could use a Rife Machine!
It helps cleanse your whole body of bad cells!
>>
>>955926
Fucking fantastic. Well done brother, you took the leap none of us could.

And you made it back
>>
>>954784
tDCS or TMS is constantly used by neuroscientists and all other kinds of researchers to induce lesions in specific parts of the brain in order to study what they do. It usually fucks with whichever part of your brain is stimulated and will not give you better performance, just impair some kind of function. Just think about it, so many scientists use it in their studies where every result is logged and yet we don't see any articles clearly stating that tDCS will make you focus better. There's a reason why the world isn't zapping themselves.
>>
>>955926
I've heard you can get super memory from this. Any real superpowers besides counting toothpicks that are confirmed?
>>
http://www.instructables.com/id/Power-LED-s---simplest-light-with-constant-current/

That's a good circuit to use. It's able to do down to .5-2mA no problem. Lots of things that can do current sourcing (like the lm317 or 7805) require a minimum current like 10mA to function properly.

You have to tune your resistor choices to your components, or you could be off by like an order of magnitude on the current.

For electrodes, sponges are the best, but unfortunately, hair gets in the way. In terms of conduciton, AVOID SALT IF YOU CAN. the chlorine WILL corrode your skin, especially at higher mA and higher area density. It's a dumb thing, but we are doing dumb things. Larger area is safer than smaller area, lower currents (.5-2mA MAXIMUM) is safer than anything else. If you use a 9V and just leave it, you will get to 4mA over 20 mins to a half hour, and that is plenty to cause chlorine erosion.

Longer times are limited by your conductive material. The best is probably a good TENS pad with gel on it, extra gel from like a personal lubricant bottle (it actually conducts well, is cheap, and doesn't dry out too quickly). You can get them to stay in place better with stockings, a cut belt, or using medical tape.

I'd suggest an eye dropper with water for rehydrating pads.

The key to tDCS is repetitive use over time, so 1mA 30 mins a day or every other day for two weeks will have an impact, while 2mA one hour for three days won't. It depends on NMDA receptor activation, and you can find plenty of papers on the subject.

The optimal areas are usually the motor cortex or the frontal lobes, but you can see in papers what evidence there is and isn't.
>>
>>957378
Can you point me to any studies that claim that tDCS has beneficial effects for healthy rather than those diagnosed with Parkinson's or depression?
>>
>>957898
Not that guy, but:
http://thejns.org/doi/abs/10.3171/jns.1977.47.2.0184
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.