[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
covering a wooden ceiling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: WP_20160229_13_05_51_Raw.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160229_13_05_51_Raw.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Hello, I need some ideas here. I have a room that has this ugly wood on the ceiling. It also has 2 of these diagonal walls. I hate it, because it does not match the colours of my furniture in the room at all and I want something white instead so the room does not feel as dark, because I barely get any natural light at all.
I don't want to paint it, because that would take years and would look messy.
I can't just hang fabric on there, it's illegal here in Germany I believe, because of fire hazard.
Can I just screw large, flat, thin wood panels onto it or will that be too heavy?

I'd be happy if I at least found a solution for the diagonal walls (how do you call that in english?) for now.
Bonus points if it's cheap and I can install it on my own.
>>
unprinted corflute? you seem to be too lazy to plasterboard the thing.
>>
>>954241
That would be my answer, 9mm plasterboard and skim.

You could even get away with board and tape and joint then seal paint if you wanted to save the cost of a plasterer.
>>
>>954241
>>954254
Well I would do that, but people told me I would get big mold problems underneath if I just cover it.
>>
>>954256
Not really. Mould would occur in the void of the roof, not on the face of the plasterboard.

If you have an issue with mould you should address that first. The roof void needs to be able to 'breath' through the eaves of the roof or have a ventilation path protected by the eaves.
>>
>>954238
>covering tongue and groove
Kill yourself for not making the room match the wood.
>>
>>954388
if he's gonna do anything with it, my suggestion would be, they make colored dyes to add to wood stain, so you could get something that matches his shit and not get rid of the nice wood
>>
>>954388
It's clear pine. It's not really that special.
>>
>>954238
I know you say you don't want to paint it, and I hate painting too, but your cheapest, easiest way is to paint it OP. Forgive me?
>>
>>954238
don't ruin that cieling you fuckwad
>>
>>954392
>It's clear pine. It's not really that special.

Have you priced that stuff lately? Even the junk stuff is outrageous.

>>954391
this
If anything refinish it and repaint those opposing walls.
>>
Just fucking paint it you autist .
>>
>doesn't want to paint
>takes "years" and will be "messy"
>want to screw wood on top of wood

whitewash that ***
>>
sand and refinish in a nice drying oil
>>
>>954238
Just clarifying:
>is it actually illegal to decorate your bedroom with hanging fabric in Germany?
If so, how the would the police ever know? You don't have fires up there, do you?
>>
Is it structural? Like wtf, just tear it off and put up some sheets of drywall.
>>
>>954238
>could even get away with b
What is on the other side of that?
If that is your roof, I wouldn't screw anything into it.
>>
>>954238
>ugly wood on the ceiling
maybe instead of furnishing your house like a faggot, you should have matched your furniture to the ceiling.
>>
Wood ceilings are tacky as fuck and only ever darken a room. Should definitely slab and skim that OP. Will really brighten up the room.
>>
Mate, if you want more light in there just paint the damn wood a matt white. If you do a proper job it'll look good.

Why you'd want to plasterboard over an already structurally sound wall is really beyond me, unless you've got extra money to waste for no good reason.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.