[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Free Electricity Bike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 22
File: febike.png (661 KB, 967x706) Image search: [Google]
febike.png
661 KB, 967x706
Trying to reverse engineer something like this, Any ideas on how? I read a few electric bike guides, just seeing what else is out there.

http://billionsinchange.com/solutions/free-electric
>>
>>954163
Have you tried google? Cause there are shit tons of results for stuff like this.
>>
>>954163
I did calculations ages ago for this shit. you'd need to pedal for 8 hours straight to make about 7c worth of energy. why spend a whole day pedaling when you could just pay 7c? this was the whole point of electrification.
>>
File: 1456256840344.jpg (135 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1456256840344.jpg
135 KB, 600x600
>>954164
Get your tickets.
>>
I wonder if you could setup a dyno style one and use a real bike to pedal and generate energy. Then use it to charge up a laptop while camping. It'd be cool exercise spending and hour just pedalling away... it'd make me less inclined to was time on the computer to.

>>954186
Is it enough energy to charge a 9 cell lappy in and hour and a half?
>>
>>954188
two short of a bingo, And Im sure that the missing two are going to show up
>>
File: 1456731077488.jpg (163 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1456731077488.jpg
163 KB, 600x600
>>954188
Did I win you shitposting fuck?

>>954186
>why spend a whole day pedaling when you could just pay 7c?
I'd guess the concept of exercise is a foreign concept to to you. Personally I have always wanted to power my TV via an e-bike, exercise my body while I junk out my brain, but I don't spend enough time at home. Generating enough power could also be pesky.

>>954191
Depends on the continuous output of your generator, the charge circuit you use, and the ratings of the battery pack. These are all things you need to decide (at minimum, capacity of the battery you want charged) before you decide on the practicality of an e-bike. You can charge anything with one, it just depends how long you want to be busting your chops for.
>>
File: aerfads.jpg (85 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
aerfads.jpg
85 KB, 600x600
>>954196
you just put so many marks on this thing
>>
File: 1304429495828.jpg (15 KB, 421x316) Image search: [Google]
1304429495828.jpg
15 KB, 421x316
>>954201
> He thinks i'm OP

Try to keep up sweetheart.
>>
>>954186
This. I've personally posted the calculations and scenarios myself several times on /diy/ for other OP's that didn't think the thing through.

>>954196
>I'd guess the concept of exercise is a foreign concept to to you
You are dumb. You pay orders of magnitude more than $0.07 for the calories in food required to generate that much electricity, not to mention the amount of time you'd waste doing it.. over *several days*. If you also factor in what you pay for materials to make the stupid thing in the first place, you'd have to use it for YEARS before it would pay for itself. Again, that's also not factoring in what your TIME is worth to sit on the most boring thing in the world doing the most boring thing imaginable, staring at a wall. Not practical in the least, waste of time, waste of money, 100% troll-meme.
>>
File: lrn2read.jpg (89 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
lrn2read.jpg
89 KB, 600x600
>>954202
lrn2read faggot
spelled it out for you
>>
>>954196
Edgie.

Do you live in central London? You sound like the kind of pretentious gluten free ring piece who commutes on a bike.
>>
>>954208
You know he does.
>>
>>954196
OK Denholm.

https://youtu.be/JBmN_tisl9M
>>
>>954211
are you really posting that shit on two different boards?
>>
>>954213
What? I only come on DIY...
>>
>>954216
oh, I just got done telling some fag on /g/ that the clip he posted was bad less than an hour before you posted that. same show, different clips.
>>
The aware body has a continious power output ability of about 100 watts.

The bike is stupid.
>>
>>954191
>Oh boy time to go camping
>better bring my giant bike generator and my laptop with me
>>
>>954196
>I have always wanted to power my TV via an e-bike

The average pro cyclist is capable of putting out upwards of a little over 6w/kg on climbs. We're talking Tour de France level here. Lower level pros will sustain 5.0-5.5w/kg. A well trained amateur can do about 4, and your average person would struggle to sustain 2.

Your 42 inch television uses 120 watts.

So lets say you can sustain 300 watts of power at the pedal. Depending on the quality of the drivetrain you'll lose some energy, lets say 90%. generator efficiency is usually between 80-90%. And then we need to upconvert the voltage, another 95-98% loss. Direct driving the circuit would lead to power dropoffs if you ever stop pedaling, so you'll need a battery which offers it's own 80-90% loss.leaving you anywhere from 150-175 watts left.

Now take account of the costs of all the components of the build.

You'd be better off spending the money on a nice exercise bike with some roller wheels that you can easily move around the house.
>>
Sheesh, /diy/ must REALLY hate exercising. It's not about the cost of the energy but incentives to work out. PEOPLE DON'T BUY TRADITIONAL EXERCISE EQUIPMENT TO SAVE MONEY, they buy them to stay in shape. At least this is doing SOMETHING productive.
>>
Hey /diy/, I am an artist working on a public park installation that would feature something like this. From what I've read, it generates dick all for electricity, but does it generate enough electricity to power LEDs?
>>
>>956005
Why not ride an actual bike, or build a stationary bike which doesn't have a pointless power generation system on it, saving you many hours of Labor, hours which you could instead spend riding your not pointlessly complicated Stationary bike.
>>
>>956010
You can literally power LEDs with a potato, so yes.

Fucking arts students.
>>
I have an exercise bike I converted to a recumbent bike for generating electric. The most I spent on it was $40 for a digital charge controller which I can use with solar and wind power too. The rest is just salvaged parts. I use it to recharge a lot of things while I sit comfortably at my PC. I can recharge my deep cycle 105aH marine battery, netbook batteries, camera batteries, flashlight supercapacitor, etc. What I really need to do is make another one with gearing and a flywheel to even out the effort and make it easier.

Also, the "you need to be an Olympic level athlete to generate any power" is a myth. The biggest problem is when people want to use their 1800watt gaming PC with their 1200watt sound system while making pizza in their 5kw electric oven.

Stating cost of electric and cost of equipment really is a moot point all around. If I sit down to my PC, I can be exercising and charging up an array of devices. I'm not just a lump on a log shit posting on 4chan doing fuck all with that time.

>>954163
The "Free Electric" bike by that 5-hour Energy tycoon Manoj Bhargava is quite amazing. I'd love to have one.

https://youtu.be/YY7f1t9y9a0?t=441

I guess these will be priced $120-$225USD The one in this image is the latest design, fyi. It looks more like what I'm trying to make than the thing in the OP image.
https://twitter.com/manoj_bhargava
>>
File: CUrE__FUkAAuDth.jpg (50 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
CUrE__FUkAAuDth.jpg
50 KB, 600x399
>>956035
It ate the image somehow. Here's the one from the twitter
>>
File: 1400223696053.png (610 KB, 817x720) Image search: [Google]
1400223696053.png
610 KB, 817x720
>>956018
>Why not ride an actual bike
Because actual bikes are scary, and outside.
>[why not] build a stationary bike...saving you many hours of Labor [sic]
Maybe because /diy/ is all about pointlessly complicated projects?
>>
>>956036
But.... those things don't take much electricity to begin with .... so .... you're really not saving very much ....

... When people say "it doesn't generate much electricity", they're saying it doesn't generate enough to power their lascivious lifestyle. Which is the whole fucking point.

We want our lascivious lifestyles with our welders and our fast computers and our XBMCs and our NAS'. Your bike doesn't power them, it just charges the batteries that cost near-nothing to charge

Why not just pay near-nothing to charge them?
>>
>>956107
>if it can't power EVERYTHING and save all the money then it is fucking worthless

You should probably sit down and have a good rethink about the direction of your entire life. Because with the type of attitude you are displaying, well, it makes you worthless.
>>
>>956224
>living life without a welder
Kill me
>especially after the habbening.
>>
>>956107
>>956224
You're both tards.

Unless you have an arc reactor where your heart is, pedalling isn't free.

Food costs more than electricity per joule, so even if your machine were 100% efficient (and it isn't), you're literally wasting money by using it.
>>
>>954191
it'd be easier and cheaper to just spend 200$ on a dual battery setup and charge it from your car.

>>954196
sure, if you're schizophrenic and that kind of thing appeals to you. althetes knees tend to fuck up fairly quickly though so factor in the cost of surgery and having no power for the months while you recover after cycling 8 hours a day/7 days a week.

>>954546
it was determined for the purposes of the euro bike laws that an athlete can sustain a maximum indefinite output of 200w on a bicycle. its why e-bikes are capped at 200w in europe.
the drive train of a bike loses about 30% of the power in the chain or belt.

>>956101
the purpose of technology is to make life easier, not harder.
>>
File: 1456032462933.gif (866 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
1456032462933.gif
866 KB, 352x224
>BWAAAAA!!!! electric costs less than anything thing you can DIY!! WAAAAAAA!!!!!

Jesus fucking Christ, GTFO this board.
>>
>>956394
Pretty much any renewable energy generator that OP could DIY would be better than a bike.
>>
>>956445
That umbrella statement is only correct if you scale everything over x amount so that it exceeds it. If you add cost, it isn't in the slightest.

For instance, if you have a recumbent bike to generate energy while you are doing another task, such as watching TV, reading, using the PC, etc. the cost of making one is negated. Simply because this shit is ultra cheap to make from scrap.
>>
File: nuclearpowerpic.jpg (776 KB, 3867x2578) Image search: [Google]
nuclearpowerpic.jpg
776 KB, 3867x2578
>>956445
>renewable energy

Use nuclear you doofus. Stop with this DIY horseshit.
>>
Grab a bike and a fisher and paykel smart drive washing machine.
>>
>>956509
A wind turbine is equally easy to build and can operate 24/7, and it you need more power you can just build more turbines.
>>
File: do tell.jpg (153 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
do tell.jpg
153 KB, 1600x1000
>>956630
>multiple wind turbines are better then 1 bike
>>
>>956649
Uh... Yeah. Why wouldn't they be? You could easily build several turbines with the materials needed build one bike.
>>
>>956651
Are you an idiot? Building more of anything will always be better than building 1 of something else. It doesn't matter if it is nuclear power plants vs wind turbines, if you build enough of them it will be better.

What you are comparing is skewed and incorrect.
>>
>>956807
Building two solar panels is better than building one nuclear power plant.

Top kek
>>
>>956807
Insult homo is back
>>
File: 1432470563093.gif (4 MB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
1432470563093.gif
4 MB, 500x438
Let me spell it out for everyone so we're on the same page.

IT'S NOT ABOUT EFFICIENCY. EXERCISE IS LITERALLY BEING AS INEFFICIENT AS POSSIBLE. YES, YOUR EFFORT, FOOD, ENERGY, AND MONEY ARE SACRIFICED FOR A HEALTHIER BODY.

Guess what MOST exercise equipment produces? FUCKING NOTHING BUT SWEAT. Some people like the novelty/incentive/gimmick of turning some of your sacrificed energy into usable energy.

Fucking hell /diy/ get your shit together.
>>
File: Mtew1qbl10lo1_250.jpg (33 KB, 210x217) Image search: [Google]
Mtew1qbl10lo1_250.jpg
33 KB, 210x217
>>957216
> trying to explain the concept of exercise to a bunch of greasy basement dwelling shitlords.
>>
>>956010
Yes.
>>
It looks lime most people here didn't read OP's link. The idea isn't to make electricity that's practical for people with regular electricity service. It's to provide local small-scale generation for people (supposedly half the global population) who don't have any electricity period. And to OP and others, it's not for saving money, period. The food required to fuel the pedaling (not even going into the value of a person's time) costs more than the commercial mains electricity it would replace.

As has been mentioned, a generator bike won't do much for heating, cooling, or high-power electronics, but it would allow basic things like radio, phones, and small lamps. As such, it would improve communications and productivity in areas that lack most modern conveniences. The idea is that it will be a more productive use of charity money to improve quality of life in poor areas than just sending food or money.
>>
>>957269
A small wind turbine/hydro generator would be better for this purpose.

Cheaper to produce, lighter for cheaper transport, less moving parts to break.

If you need to have the power be human generated, and it's just for low power devices then a small hand crank generator, or even a set of pedals without the rest of the bike (just stake/nail/bolt it to the floor/ground) would be much more efficient (in terms of manufacture/s transport costs) than a full stationary bike.

The biggest problem in a low tech/cheap labor scenario is energy storage, not power generation.
>>
>bike
that's stupid, atleast make an concept 2 style ergometer.
>>
>>957292
>The biggest problem in a low tech/cheap labor scenario is energy storage, not power generation.

BZZZZZZZZZZT

So many people live where there's no artificial light apart from oil lamps, where the energy is stored as hydrocarbons. Problem is, that shit is expensive and requires continuous money.

Look at something like the "gravity light", provides enough power to run a few efficient light bulbs.

Seriously, the fact that more impoverished countries are getting technologically new and weird solutions to generate electricity is one of the most important factors in combatting poverty, because it means kids can do homework, people can produce handicrafts at night, and they're not bound by the hours of the sun anymore.

For fucks sake, man, this is one of the luxuries the west has had for only a hundred years, and already you dismiss it as a "storage" issue, and not a "production" issue.

Get yourself together.
>>
>>957314
The gravity light is a perfect example of a clever energy storage solution. Using gravity to store power so that it can be used over a longer period of time.

Generating power is easy, storing it so that it can be used to do useful things like provide light is a bigger problem.
>>
File: kill.jpg~c200.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
kill.jpg~c200.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>
>>957314
You can build a generator with simple tech. Power generation in the their world needs investment.

Power storage in the third world needs innovation.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 640x640
>>954163
Do something like this in stead
>>
>>957326
The enabling technology of the gravity light is the LED bulb, not the dynamo, the gear, or the weight.

It doesn't help developing countries, because they can't make LED bulbs, but must buy them from developed countries.
>>
>>957269
>The idea is that it will be a more productive use of charity money to improve quality of life in poor areas than just sending food or money.
Dance for me, poor people!
>>
>>957341
Which us precisely why generation is not the limiting technology. Generators can be produced in a relatively low tech setting. If they break, they can be repaired in the field with readily available materials. LEDs and batteries, not so much.

If you want to help the third world with innovation, figure out a way to produce small scale energy storage systems that doesn't require high tech factories.

LEDs are less of a concern, since they are light and cheap so they can be imported, but it would be better if we could find a way to produce light sources locally as well.

Batteries are the problem. They're heavy and difficult to manufacture. They have a limited life cycle and cannot be repaired, only recycled.

In the first world we avoided this problem by building a power grid and running power stations 24/7. This was a necessity because appropriate power storage solutions did not exist at the time. We could do this because we had two things, money, and industry.

In the third world, or at least in the places we're trying to give basic electrical power, there is no power grid. We need to figure out how to have electricity in a practical form on the individual scale, without relying on high technology. If we can do that, we will have contributed something truly great to the world.
>>
>you can build a wind turbine you massive tard

Why not build a wind turbine AND a bike for generating power then you can have power + more power from your shitposting time and stay fitter?
>>
>>957341
>>957380
Send them those hand crank tablets and an internet connection. Let them learn from that. If they don't learn and stay willfully ignorant, fuck them. The best thing you can do for someone is give them access to knowledge and teach them how to study it. Never just give something to someone, they will never learn and will always want more.

http://one.laptop.org/about/olpc-tablet
http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/olpc-xo-3-0-tablet-hands-on-6-minutes-of-hand-crank-for-an-hour-of-power
>>
>>957423
Give me "North South Divide" for 100 dollars please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North–South_divide
>>
>>957423
I'm talking about teaching them how to manufacture their own stuff so we don't have to keep sending them shit.
>>
>>957451
My god, are you ignorant.

What is "developing country debt" please.
>>
>>957380
>batteries, not so much.
Tosh.

The lead-acid battery is one of the simplest machines in the world. Anyone with half a brain could make one from first principles in a weekend.
>>
>>957380
>figure out a way to produce small scale energy storage systems that doesn't require high tech factories.
Why shouldn't Africa get factories?

Because they're brown?
>>
>>957452
Are you guys pussy fotting around telling this dude that you can't teach these countries because they have an average IQ of like 70? The best we can do is drop vegemite and child psychology/peaceful parenting books to raise their iq.

And stop sending them food aid amd guns, jesus
>>
>>957471
If you can think of a way to have high tech (tertiary) manufacturing facilities without first building the primary industry and low tech factories to support them, short of going there and enslaving the people, I'm all ears.

Until you figure that out I'll focus on solutions to more mundane problems like providing lighting and communications to people who, through no fault of their own, live in countries without the economy to support high tech manufacturing.

You smug latte drinking wanker.
>>
>>957471
Why don't they build a factory themselves? What the fuck is wrong with you that you want to break into peoples yards and set up factories because you think you know what should go there. Gtfo
>>
>>957471
We tried doing nothing and they were primitives. We tried bringing them over here and putting them to work and that was slavery. We tried putting factories in their countries and that was exploitation.

Maybe we should try something else libtard.
>>
>>957484
>The best we can do is drop vegemite and child psychology/peaceful parenting books to raise their iq.

The best you can do is to eradicate them.
>>
It's official, this thread has gone full /pol/
>>
File: EotD.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
EotD.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>help Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M

How about, "fuck no".
>>
>>957485
Yeah, it's clearly impossible which is why:

- foreign investment and technology exchange never happened
- the Industrial Revolution and the Great Leap Forward were both made up

>>957485
>I'll focus on solutions to more mundane problems like providing lighting and communications to people who, through no fault of their own, live in countries without the economy to support high tech manufacturing.
You mean you'll seek out little brown people who obviously can't cope without your help, and bestow upon them geegoos that give them a taste of a standard of living you'd barely deem acceptable, in return for demeaning labour the like of which the Victorians inflicted on prisoners?

You racist, imperialist, supremacist twatbag.
>>
>>957512
>imagene world without computer/tv/cellphone
>thats how 3rd world lives
sounds fucking great

>africans walk for miles every day to get water to drink
literally what else do they have to do to pass the time? nothing.
>>
>>957517
>>africans walk for miles every day to get water to drink
Why not live next to the water, the way every other culture in the history of the earth has?
>>
>>957517

If I had to walk miles to get water i would do my best to set up shop next or as close as possible to the fucking source.
>>
>>957522
>>957519
did you read what i wrote?
if they lived next to the water they wouldn't have anything to do all day.
>>
>>957523

Doesn't make sense to help people who don't want help.
>>
>>957515
An industrial revolution requires a functioning economy dumbass. Otherwise they would have done it themselves.

There are various reasons why their economies are fucked. Some of them were fucked by Western nations, and some of them fucked themselves up.

If you can fix their economies, please do so. I'm not an economist, I'm not a politician. I'm an engineer.

Fixing economies is foreign countries is something I cannot influence.

So you go, fix the world, make my technological innovations useless. Please. I'd love for them not to be necessary. But until you do, they are necessary and so I will continue.

Teaching them to build things they are personally going to use is just about the furthest thing from demeaning Labor I can think of.

You want to give them factories? What are you, Nike? There's no money in the country to buy what the factory produces.
>>
>>957515
An industrial revolution helps them a decade from now. A light source they can build from scratch helps them next week.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4O5voOCqAQ

Vid very related/
>>
>>957539
Why would they need to make a factory when they keep getting free shit from the rest of the world?
>>
>>957550
Right, 'cause if I gave you a flashlight you'd be set for life.
>>
>>957539
How do you propose someone build a 5w LED from scratch?
>>
>>957554
I would be set for life, because theres a thousand more people just as willing to give me another flashlight.

Why make things locally when you have millions of people giving shit to your country?
They sure as hell dont need shirts or any other textile.
>>
>>957533
>look at me I'm helping all the stupid helpless brown retards with my "technological innovations"
You fundamentally misunderstand the scale of the issue. You're not going to help anyone with any kind of innovation that can't be freely reproduced with available technologies, unless you can personally make and distribute three billion of them.

You're also being massively patronising towards the cultures you're dealing with. These are real human beings, not helpless passive incompetent pets.
>>
>>957533
>>957533
>You want to give them factories? What are you, Nike?
http://www.adamsmith.org/blog/international/sweatshops-make-poor-people-better-off/
>>
>>957560
That's the fucking point dumbass. We need to design something that they can produce without relying on high technology.

You tell me about the 'scale' of the issue. Well we're never going to achieve anything unless we are able to work on small parts of it.

You think I'm being patronising by saying they don't have an economy to support factories? If they did there would be factories. These people aren't stupid. They just live in countries where the economy is fucked.

And yes, we could send 3 billion LEDs, LEDs cost only a few cents each. Do you know how many billions of dollars we spend on food aid every year?

You're so much of a libtard that you think accusing everyone of being racist and pontificating about the 'scale' of the problem without providing any viable solutions is more important than actually solving problems that exist for real people right now.
>>
>>957583
>That's the fucking point dumbass. We need to design something that they can produce without relying on high technology.
So they're going to just pull LED bulbs that cost me $3-5 a unit out their ass?

Not gonna happen.

>more important than actually solving problems that exist for real people right now.
The only problem you're solving is "you not feeling sufficiently self-satisfied".
>>
>>957586
It's a terrible thing isn't it. When people feel charitable.
>>
>>957588
If you were actually helping, it'd be charity.

I'm not sure what this is, if not "dance for me, brown people!".
>>
>>957592
I'm not sure how this is 'dance for me brown people'. You're the one who brought race into this. I guess you think giving them the design for a lighting system is forcing them to 'dance' for my amusement?

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. If they don't want it, the won't build it.
>>
File: latest[1].png (878 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
878 KB, 720x576
>>957599
Seriously?

>>957269
>As has been mentioned, a generator bike won't do much for heating, cooling, or high-power electronics, but it would allow basic things like radio, phones, and small lamps. As such, it would improve communications and productivity in areas that lack most modern conveniences

You're advocating sending the (obviously helpless) masses radios*, phones* (and presumably the associated infrastructure*), and LED bulbs*, but rather than also send them solar panels or wind turbines or a modern electricity grid, you want them (if they want to take advantage of this marvelous western technology) to get up and pedal an exercise bike as if they were in some twisted take on Big Brother.

The only thing that's missing is an over-the-top commentator and a pool of water for them to fall into if they can't keep the output up.

* (which they can't produce and must buy from the West)
>>
>>957603
... I'm not OP. I don't think you've been reading my replies very carefully have you.
>>
File: hulk[1].jpg (281 KB, 858x430) Image search: [Google]
hulk[1].jpg
281 KB, 858x430
>>957604
That's a relief, because >>957269 wasn't posted by OP, unless OP talks about OP in the third-person.
>>
>>957608
I'm not that guy either. I'm the guy who told OP he was retarded for designing a bike to be a power generator instead of a wind turbine.
>>
>>957583
>they aren't stupid
This is demonstrably false. They are and we need to acknowledge it if we want to actually fix it.
http://conservative-headlines.com/2012/04/university-study-on-iqs-in-sub-saharan-africa/

Tldr--80 was too high if an estimate because it was only amo g the upper class. A more detailed study indicates the average IQ is much lower, 68 is given in the synopsis of the paper.
>>
>>957547
>robert generated 0.021 kwh

So, 21 watts? Something is off with this. Also, he was powering both slots in the toaster and they had only 1 slice of toast in it. kek
>>
File: DSCN3436a.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3436a.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
Someone with an actual bike that I use to make electric with. This is a microwave lightbulb I was powering with it. I was making slightly over 100volts and negligible amps. Because voltage is so high and amps are so low, I have to pedal like mad and it has almost no resistance. If I had some gearing on this bike it'd be far easier since I could get the RPMs up higher without pedaling faster.

Continued...
>>
>>957619
>So, 21 watts? Something is off with this.
https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilowatt_oor
>>
File: DSCN3438a.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3438a.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>957623
...Continued

On the other hand, a device requiring low voltage and high amps is far different when pedaling it. This second-hand cordless saw took only 6 volts and 4 amps to get it to move (can't go above 2 amps for long due to the chain starting to jump, need to fix that). If I had my setup geared and fixed to prevent the chain from jumping I could probably get this thing far higher for amps.

Pedaling amps is no joke.
>>
>>957626
>Robert delivered 0,021kWh.

That's 21 Wh. Their setup is incorrectly reading something or his pedalling time was reduced by about a minute.

From the looks of that video and his pedaling speed I'd say he was outputting in the 100v-110v range at 6a-6.4a range. Regardless, they are saying, on average he was outputting 700watts and he lasted for 1 minute which is only 0.0116669 Wh.
>>
>>957632
>0.0116669 kWh.

fixed
>>
File: 1456731077488.jpg (137 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1456731077488.jpg
137 KB, 600x600
>>954188
Done.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.