[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I have 2 broken wires for my life proof case so I decided to combine the parts that work to make a wire that works again but it somehow doesn't work right the wires aren't touching but I only get sound when I add that splitter and plug the earphones in half way. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>952202
The wires are shorting, the splitter isolated the microphone part out
>>
>>952208
Well having the splitter on worked before and I just disconnected the green wire but that cuts sound completely
>>
>>952215
Shit nigger what are you doing
>>
heat your bare wires with something like a lighter and retwist

it might seem stupid but if you are not going to solder em it's as good as fixing cheapo wires gets
>>
File: 1456405506458.jpg (104 KB, 807x514) Image search: [Google]
1456405506458.jpg
104 KB, 807x514
mismatch of plug types is causing all your problems.
>>
File: 1456405816960.jpg (27 KB, 416x189) Image search: [Google]
1456405816960.jpg
27 KB, 416x189
>>
File: 1456406121911.jpg (48 KB, 792x576) Image search: [Google]
1456406121911.jpg
48 KB, 792x576
>>
>>952327
These are all helpful pictures but it still doesn't explain why it doesn't work when l plug the earphones in all the way but it does work when I unplug it a little. Is it a resistance issue? (hence why someone said to burn it and twist it) but if it is a resistance issue why does it work fine when it's unplugged a little
>>
>>952535
Look at the fucking pictures jesus Christ. You pull it out a little and MGRL isn't on the MGRL pins anymore, now it's on XMGR or XXMG

Also yes, burning it will be better, slightly . There's insulation on the wires that would normally be removed by soldering. You're too ghetto for that so at least burn it off before you twist them together.
>>
>>952202
>2
that is enamal coated wire, you cant just twist it together however the fuck you want.
get some sandpaper and scrape the paint off.
also learn to inline splice and heatshrink.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.