[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General Power Tool Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 20160225_113746.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160225_113746.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Construction and Home Reno bros is Makita the GOAT or do you prefer Milwuakee?
>>
Jesus, are those fingers or eggplants?
>>
>>952221
more like peppers
>>
>>952196
Those white ones are inferior to the greens. Look for the brushless xlt. A buddy has the milwaukee and likes them good enough.
>>
>>952196
Either are good. I've been running a makita recipro for going on 25 years now. About the same on a hammer drill. They just keep going. My employer has mostly Milwaukee in our cage. Also solidly built. It's hard to fault either company. I tend to like the Makita cases a bit better, but it's a minor point.
>>
>>952196
it all depends on how much work you do and if you get paid for it
-
contractors always go for high quality and high prices
- guys like me who do their own work for their own selves prefer just about anything
- i've used shitty old skil saws, black and decker drills and no name power saws for years - i am careful with them, dont use em that much and just the other day - a no name table saw of mine gave out (after having been used for ten years on projects to build a cottage, reno a cottage, reno another cottage, couple of decks, two roofs and the start of my latest home reno)
>>
>>952196
Makita all the way
>>
>>952196
I bought into the Milwaukee M12 because of the batteries.

I looked at the Makita, but they had a very poor 12v offering.
Not only did the selection of tools suck, they had TWO different 12v battery lines.

The Milwaukee M12 have low end and high end 12v tools that run on the same battery. If I want to upgrade I dont have to jump into another battery ecosystem (with a smaller selection of tools)

I plan on getting the M18 stuff just for continuity, my M12 has been pretty good.
>>
>>952240
>colour affects performance
>>
>>952286
>I didn't bother looking up what the difference was
>also, I don't use tools

Also, dewalt 20v all day erry day. Why anyone chooses anything besides dewalt is a mystery to me. I mostly need my drills for drilling through and into stainless steel, so the impact+hammer combo is more then perfect.
>>
>>952221
Being fat is difficult I guess
>>
>>952308
>didn't look up
>don't use tools

The majority of my power tools are makita and I can guarantee the colour has nothing to do with performance.

The standard colouring is green.

The white and black makita tools are limited edition anniversary tools.

The pink makita tools are charity endorsements for breast cancer care.

In Japan there is a line of impact drivers available in all the above and lime green.

The colour literally has nothing to do with the performance or battery platform.

And not everyone buys dewalt because not everyone believes the colour yellow would perform better than red or green.
>>
Read a few of threads and honestly i think if you are a professional you will come to favor certain brands but the debate will always rage on.if your buying tools for home projects theres basically shit tier and then theres everything else.a dewalt set is a milwaukee set is a pc set is makita set is a craftsman set is a (insert 2-300$ brand name set).
>>
>18V brushless
>18V brush
>12V brushless
>12V brush

Different brands are all made from the same parts in china anyway. This is the real question. Which is best?
>>
>>952359

as a cabinet installer, with reaching inside and pushing screws in at awkward angles, lightweight is best. and milwaukee has the best black friday deals

>12v impact
>12v drill/driver
>2 batteries
>1 XL battery
$99

>12v drill/driver
>12v hackzall
>2 batteries
$99
>>
File: DLX2040TJ-web_600x450[1].jpg (60 KB, 600x346) Image search: [Google]
DLX2040TJ-web_600x450[1].jpg
60 KB, 600x346
>>952332
Well these greens are a little better than OPs whitey.
>>
>>952784
>unsure if being ironic

Because theres about £200 difference in price.

As I said, colour has nothing to do with it.
>>
Finish carpenter here.

I've gotten into the Milwaukee 12v line (hammer drill, multitool,jigsaw,light and radio, I do have a Bosch 12v recip saw, and basic drill. So far I'm happy with my purchases. Drill is decent hasn't gotten eggy yet like my Bosch. Trying not to use the multitool cause drywall dust likes to shorten their lifespan. The jigsaw I mainly use to cope baseboard and crown moulding. That shit saves me the most amount of time. Radio and light fulfill their function. Seems like the Milwaukee batteries dont get hot as shit like the boschs do when you drain it down. This isn't anti Bosch, I just beat the shit out them.

The 2 kits we have at work are the old dewalt 18v and ryobi green 18v. Honestly the ryobi kit is decent. If you know what you're doing you should be able to adjust to a tools shortcoming.
>>
>>952786
I have the one at the top

Good stuff, but I barely use it
>>
>>952905
>Bosch get hot

I bought a Bosch battery grinder just as the li-ion tools from all the major brands were coming in, 5/6 years ago?

The grinder body is still going strong but I found the first issue of Bosch batteries would burn out.

They released the 'cool pack' batteries and since I changed to those I've had no problem.

It's the same for any battery driven appliance. The higher the current draw the higher the chance of them burning out.

Honestly though. The cool pack battery have been brilliant. Shitty cop out I know but with those cool pack bats, the tool works great.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.