[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broken Sink Mount
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 20160223_192956.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160223_192956.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
My sink has been broken for awhile, it often pops out of it's mount because one of the screws in missing and the only other screw's mount is snapped. The one screw left is a bit stripped but even if I got it out there's not enough room to get in to screw it onto the other side.

Any ideas? Would some kind of epoxy be viable?
>>
tap+die sets are 30 bucks at harbor freight. you should be able to tap new, larger threads then use new screws.
>>
>>951408
This is the pro way to do it without replacement.

Other wise nigger-rig it with JB weld
>>
>>951441
jb weld holds fine but you normally yank on faucet parts so you must also mechanically secure it w/ bolts
>>
>>951406
>My sink has been broken for awhile, it often pops out of it's mount because one of the screws in missing and the only other screw's mount is snapped. The one screw left is a bit stripped but even if I got it out there's not enough room to get in to screw it onto the other side.
your sink isn't broken, but your faucet is. the screws holding the spigot to the base are broken/missing. When those hoses flex enough they're gonna start leaking under the sink. You need a new faucet.

the good news is it looks like pretty modern faucet. modern faucets are easy to change.
it's the vintage faucets that can be a bitch to get out; they were made of solid steel and brass, and all the threads corrode together.

go buy a new faucet. You can put it in yourself, it's not difficult. There is two water lines to disconnect, and two big plastic nuts on the underside of the sink.

Protip: shut the water off, take your old faucet off and TAKE IT WITH YOU TO THE HARDWARE STORE when you shop for a new faucet. The nice hardware store people can help you avoid some common issues if they can see exactly what you are replacing.

Don't get the cheapest one there is, they leak and break a lot more often.
There's $30 ones and $300 ones. All the $30 ones are shit. Some of the $100 ones are shit. The $200 ones are generally good. The $300 ones are fancy designer jobs.
Save the box and receipt for warranty reasons.

Get one with a ceramic valve if you can. They're kinda expensive (~$200) but built better overall and the chances of leakage and breakage is much less.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.