[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIY hoverboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: hoverboard.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
hoverboard.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
Hey /diy/. I was originally thinking of adding a friction drive to my bike for those times i'm feeling lazy. But I like my bike the way it is, so, how feasible is it to build one of these (specifically replicating that one wheeled hoverboard) and not have it be a gigantic deathtrap? There's some instructables that use arduino so it seems like it's at least possible? I get that for it balancing from front-back, but how about side to side? Also, IIRC the hoverboard pictured charges its batteries insanely fast (they're a lithium cell array, charges in like 15-20 minutes). How would I charge say a bunch of 18650 lithiums fast without it turning into the fourth of july?
>>
>How would I charge say a bunch of 18650 lithiums fast without it turning into the fourth of july?
Liquid electrolyte lithium-ion round cells may be tempting for their somewhat better energy density, but if you're gonna push the charge rate past 1C/<1hr then you're probably better off with LiPoly batteries instead. I'm not saying charging round cells at 3-4C can't be done, but you're kinda in uncharted territory there.
>>
>>950491
Source? Motor? The hardest part is finding a motor that can be mounted, be balanced, and within spec. I don't know what kind of motor that is, but I'll take 10 for all my various projects.
>>
>>950491
Why does it have a wheel if it can hover?
>>
>>950582
http://www.instructables.com/id/Self-balancing-one-wheeled-electric-skateboard/
here's one of the one-wheel ones I've seen. Alibaba has a bunch of knockoffs of the one in my original post, but if I ordered one it would be just to recycle the wheel and case, I don't want to catch fire.
>>
For when it lands, same reason why airplanes have wheels and they can fly.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.