[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
info please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: squarepusher-flex.jpg (744 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
squarepusher-flex.jpg
744 KB, 1280x852
i need to know how square pusher (guy in the pic ) can see through those LEDs when he has the helmet on .....(same goes for daft punk)
>>
File: HPIM0811.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0811.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>950326
I've built LED goggles myself, and its a lot easier to see through them than you'd think. You need to prevent light from shining in your eyes by painting the backs of the LEDs or use something like the 5050s that already have a backing. After that it's no different than seeing through those venetian blind shades. Your brain just filters out obstructions close to your eyeballs.
>>
He might not. He might look down or have mirrors that look down. They might have directions and shit on the stage for them to follow and all he needs to do most of the time is stand at his keyboard or whatever. Even easier when it's not a live show.
>>
>>950351
thanks
>>
>>950351
That, or you could, and they may, use window film at the back of the LED's to create a one way mirror.

It would allow most of the light from the diodes or filaments to reflect away causing minimal exposure to the LED's, allowing both the Venetian blinds effect along with also being able to see through the diodes as well.

>>950358
Could be this too, but if it was the full blinder effect, it would be simpler to attach one or two mini cams with a screen(or two) inside the helmet so they still have a full visual field.
>Two calibrated cams and a screen for each eye would allow them to keep their depth perception
>>
>>951811
>That, or you could, and they may, use window film at the back of the LED's to create a one way mirror.

No. That will not work.
One way mirrors aren't really one way. They're partially reflective and partially transparent the same in both directions.

When they're placed between a brightly lit room and a dark room the people in the bright room can only see their reflections because those are so much brighter than the light coming from the dark room.

What you're proposing is backwards. You have the lights on the wrong side of the 1-way mirror. It won't stop light from getting in your eyes any better than sunglasses.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.