[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I backed into my garage at a angle and hit one of the posts holding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160221_155613.jpg (774 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160221_155613.jpg
774 KB, 1080x1920
I backed into my garage at a angle and hit one of the posts holding the frame of the door to the wall. Garage door still opens and closes fine.

Can I use lag screws to pull it closer together and cement to seal it? Not shown but there's another long screw connecting them.
>>
File: IMG_20160221_160202.jpg (912 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160221_160202.jpg
912 KB, 1080x1920
Hard to tell but there's a wood "block" embedded in the cement that the original was drilled into. Tried kicking it back together and smacking it with a hammer.
>>
>>950166
you need to remember newtons laws, for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.
therefore, since the damage was done by backing the car into it at an angle, the only option to fix it is to back you car into it at an opposite yet adjacent angel.
Since you altered the situation by kicking and hammering it you need to estimate the amount of change you created.
Id estimate it to be 5%, so my advice to you would be to back into it only 95% as hard as the first impact at the correct angle.
>>
>>950189
Pretty much this.

Lets see a pic of the bumper for fun.
>>
File: IMG_20160221_181859.jpg (651 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160221_181859.jpg
651 KB, 1080x1920
Great success. 3/8th lag bolt worked along with some hammering. Would've used my car but my garage door rail was in the way. Now I gotta patch it and paint it
>>
>>950242
mfw you just further compromised the structural integrity of the wall
mfw it was aload bearing wall

no really though congratulations on piecing your wall back together
>>
>>950242
That's the correct fix. You just knocked the wooden nailer loose.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.