[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /diy/ Got any idea how to construct a dreamachine without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: dreammachine1.jpg (31 KB, 620x725) Image search: [Google]
dreammachine1.jpg
31 KB, 620x725
Sup /diy/

Got any idea how to construct a dreamachine without the turntable? I just need something to fit the paper cylinder to that will spin at 78 rpms. Old turntables that spin 78's can be hard to come by, so I think an even more D.I.Y. approach is necessary.
>>
File: 1455228443917.png (357 KB, 540x780) Image search: [Google]
1455228443917.png
357 KB, 540x780
>>949895

Shit I forgot the link

http://ultraculture.org/blog/2013/11/27/build-dream-machine/
>>
>>949896

>Brion Gysin’s Dream Machine is a device that can create and accelerate altered states of consciousness without the use of hallucinogens or hours of nonstop meditation.

Uh yeah sure whatever.

Literally just Googling "78rpm motor" turns up suitable results. If it doesn't need to be exactly 78rpm, pretty much any geared motor will work.
>>
>>949899

>A light bulb is suspended in the center of the cylinder and the rotation speed allows the light to come out from the holes at a constant frequency of between 8 and 13 pulses per second. This frequency range corresponds toalpha waves, electricaloscillationsnormally present in the human brain whilerelaxing

From the wiki. William S. Burroughs famously built one and showed it off to a lot of his inner circle. Regardless, thank you anon, that's exactly what I was looking for, have a pleasant day.
>>
>>949939
this sounds like a job for superChinaArduino and his trusty sidekick LEDboy

srsly: if you want to be able to set the exact frequency, it's easier and cheaper to blink LEDs than it is to spin a motor
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.