[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My fluke temp before damper is 550° F Some people say thats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (806 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
806 KB, 1536x2048
My fluke temp before damper is 550° F
Some people say thats too hot should be around 450°. How fo i bring my temp down.
Its an oil fired burner
>>
>>949894
What does the manual for you unit say to do?
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
GOD DAMMIT HOW THE FUCK IS THIS DIY RELATED

You haven't built anything, you're not replacing anything, you're just asking questions on how to work an appliance!!

DELETE THIS SHIT BEFORE I REPORT IT. READ THE DAMN MANUAL OR GOOGLE IT, DON'T SHIT-POST THIS CRAP HERE GOD DAMMIT I'M TIRED OF SEEING SHIT LIKE THIS ON DIY. AS AN AVID CONTRIBUTOR TO THIS BOARD PLEASE KEEP /DIY/ DIY RELATED, THANKS.
>>
>>949894
GOOGLE that shit retard.
>>
>>949898
Dorry just woke up. I dont have a manual because its so old. Its a Thermaldynamics boiler they dont make it no more like 30 years old
>>
>>949894

dont.

get someone who knows what they are doing. lowering flue temp pretty much means messing with the combustion, unless you have a flue gas analyzer and/or know the manufactures recommended setup you run the risk of fucking something up.
>>
>949894

If you swear on the graves of all your ancestors that you haven't "tinkered" with the system in any way, that you haven't touched a single valve or switch...

Then the issue is more than likely simple, such as:
A: soot in from the oil the exhaust pipe
B: dead leaves in the exhaust pipe
C: dead animals in the exhaust pipe

blocked exhaust leads to a hotter condition

Just yesterday pulled a half-dozen dead birds from the inside of a motorized boiler-damper.
HomeOwner said she'd get dizzy/sleepy while doing laundry in the basement...
basement was being filled with Co2 evertime the boiler fired because bird carcases had blocked the flue-damper from working.

Disgusting mess of feathers and bones, a replaced damper motor... AND! I went home, got my 40' extension ladder and put a fucking $5 cap on the chimney top.
>>
>>949997
Thank you, i think that might be the problem since i think that chimney is old and has openings bigger than a standard bird.
Plus yes i've been fucking with the air opening for the burner alot so I might know how to reset it back to default
>>949914
^ and by the way this is a do it yourself project you stupid mother f$@#&
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 630x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 630x760
>>950515
>Hey guys I have this stove here that's at 200 degrees and I want it to be 170 degrees.
>How can I change the temperature?
>I'm not installing it or replacing parts or anything, I just want to know how to use it.
>I don't feel like reading the instruction manual or checking Google or anything
>Please tell me how to work my appliance!
>This is considerate DIY related btw since I'll be operating the stove myself, thanks guys

No it's not diy related. DIY is the guy who restored the machete, or the guy who bought the garage sale wood working tools and refurbished them, or the guy who is renting a garage and needs help with insulation/heating techniques he can install, or the raspberry pie thread to make stuff, or the guy wanting to make an underwater house or power rangers suit, or the guy trying to fix the massage chair his friend bought.

Your thread is like asking how to turn the heater down in your house. You are not making anything so please fuck off.
>>
>>950515

you really should not fuck with the combustion on appliances like that mate, you have no way of knowing what products that thing is now producing.

if its in your main house get someone to look at before you soot it up more and potentially have CO leaking into the place. this will also solve your issue as it no doubt needs a good service.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.