[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im making a glass pack for my Ninja, the problem is that I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: th (1).jpg (5 KB, 184x300) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
5 KB, 184x300
Im making a glass pack for my Ninja, the problem is that I need to figure out what kind of flexible tubing I can use to connect the exhuast system. ANY ideas are helpful. I dont want to use iron or pipes.
>>
It has to be something that can withstand a lot of heat.
>>
>>949593
rip in peace ears. explain what processes you're planning. are you a welder?
>>
>>949591
>>949606
what id and od sizes of tubing or cc motor we talking?
>>
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 1024x768
Ninja 250 owner here, glass packs are pretty loud. I don't really like the aftermarket muffler on my bike. She has to rev up pretty high to do highway speeds and the loud exhaust noise gets taxing on the ears really quick. I usually have to wear earplugs or headphones if I'm doing a longer ride. Muffler came with the bike though. idk why the last guy thought a 250 needed a $400 muffler, that's not gonna do anything horsepower wise. If you want your bike to go faster just buy a bigger bike. Not sure what you have but if it's a 250 I'd just leave it as is, save your ears the trouble. That being said, I fucking love this thing. She's a shitload of fun and best part is she's CRAZY cheap to own.
>>
>>949606
not a welder, my exhuast broke off my bike. And im trying to rig up something thats not going to break. I want a homemade glasspack and fitted onto it I need a flexible metal tubing that I can attatch to it so it takes the weight off the connecting pipe ( in this case its going to be flexible metal tubing. When I have that rigged up Im going to have someone weld up a new bracket and have it attatched. Then to cover noise pollution I am going to quiet it down with something. Havent figured that out yet
>>
I strongly suggest studying existing exhaust systems. You should fab a mount or mounts to support any pipe soundly. That's not the job of the flange.

WHY did the stock pipe break? Answer that and you can make progress. Was the stock pipe attached correctly?

By the time you get done cutting off the old exhaust flange or making another then playing fiddlefuck with flex you'll have an abortion that doesn't work well.

Part of /diy/ is knowing what not to /diy/. Study Ninja forums and post your question there because it's likely someone has solve your problem in the many years of Ninja production.

Ebay is full of exhaust parts. I wouldn't buy a new silencer. I would try to figure out what used silencer I could bolt on or adapt if I disliked the stock unit. Anything you can change baffles in is a plus.

Brand-specfic forums rule. /diy/ is not more than a general way to direct people to better resources.

Quick glance shows variety of Ninja header pipes under 100 bucks. OP will not beat that or produce a sound exhaust without welderbro help and a deceptively large amount of work including finding exhaust tubing which is not flex. FLEX NEEDS MORE CLAMPS BECAUSE NOT RIGID.

You can add more support brackets to any exhaust if needed, but a quick Google doesn't indicate a major Ninja exhaust problem.

In future ALWAYS post make/model/year of any vehicle. Details matter
>>
Search "motorcycle exhaust clamp" on Ebay for examples.

Use anti-seize on all exhaust threads. Makes future removal much easier and you are less likely to unscrew a stud from the cylinder head due to a stuck nut.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.