[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
general mushroom thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: headoffpaper.jpg (12 KB, 271x250) Image search: [Google]
headoffpaper.jpg
12 KB, 271x250
how should one use a spore print that's on paper? with glass you're supposed to be able to scrap them off, but with paper it seems like that wouldn't be very effective

I figured I'd just cut it into squares and each time I wanted to use them, simply soak a square in a container of water

I'd really like to try the redneck method; literally putting mushrooms (and or scraps) in a blender and pouring it on the areas to grow in outside

there's plenty of yard junk and old logs, which this varietah seems to like, the only issue might be finding a place with enough shade....in addition, I'd like to try and spread them around in the neighboring areas (yes, they're a naturally growing species)

<generic image
>>
Tissue clone with agar is easier
>>
>>990023
>use wax paper, as in, baking paper
>bake wax paper on high for half an hour to sterilize
>let cool
>make print

I use aluminium foil though.

glass is easier to get all the spores. but you dont need glass. also it is difficult to store 100 plates of glass and painful to transport. paper or alfoil you can stuff in a folder and its easy to cart.

>cover part of print in sterile water
>if water runs off the print dont use it, you've stuffed it
>use tip of syringe to scrap off spores into the thin layer of water
>suck up spore water

>>990282
oh would you fuck off, it is not. agar is not easy. would not reccomend taking a biopsy to someone who cant even figure out how to put a cap on a piece of paper.
>>
>>990285
You spelled aluminum wrong :^)
>>
>>990317
You're quite correct, he did spell aluminum wrong.

However, he spelled aluminium right.
>>
>>990285
I didn't think of using that till after the fact....next time

but bake it, seriously? that's a bit much
>>
>>990319
dry heat is effective for surface sterilization. wax paper and alfoil arnt sterile. baking it sterilizes it. you now have a sterile media for printing.

but hey if you want to go and use dirty paper to make spore prints and dirty water out of the tap to just swirl the spores around in a dirty cup. go ahead.
>>
>>990023
>old logs

You can't use old logs they are already infected with 100s of other fungi/mold. You need freshly cut logs. This only works for mushrooms that can grow on logs. Like shiitake or pearl oyster.
>>
>>990320
nature has somehow managed to get along without it

>>990325
>You need freshly cut logs.
not for species that grow specifically on dead wood
>>
Not op, but I'm looking for advice and I have no experience with growing mushrooms

Could i just get commonly available mushrooms, make a spore print onto a sterile material and then just cut it up and bury the pieces?

Also i understand that different mushrooms have different preferred grow media? How do i grow mushrooms on logs like, shiitake? What kind of grow medium works best? Does manure work for growing psilocybe genus mushrooms, if one were so inclined? Any good recommendations for edible mushrooms?
>>
>>991032
>Could i just get commonly available mushrooms, make a spore print onto a sterile material and then just cut it up and bury the pieces?
yes, you can use the spores to inoculate the growing medium or grow a piece of the mushroom in agar, then use that

go to a library and look for a book on it, and or do plenty of online reading before you pull the trigger on a growing kit or other supplies
>>
>>990347
>muh nature does it without heat/technology/science/knowing

yes, and most of nature DIES.
>>
>>991179
everyone dies, jon snow

considering how many I've found growing wild, they don't seem to have a huge problem with it....and that's without zero help at all

I've already done the milkshake method, we'll see what happens
>>
>>991199
If you're happy with one milkshake out of 100 or maybe 1000 NOT turning into a mold turd, go ahead. you can even scoop in a handful of household dust, to make it more nature-like.

what an ignorance!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.