[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wearable devices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1453953991484.gif (2 MB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
1453953991484.gif
2 MB, 450x250
could I get /diy/'s advices

i'm trying to make a cheap wearable device.

I have some idea of the electronics but my programming knowledge is almost non-existant.

What im doing at this stage is straightforward

i printed out circuits with some very basic signal conditioning (low pass filters) for sensors of physiological signals (PPG, accelerometer, thermistor, etc.) onto a pcb and am going to solder it to I/O port of an arduino uno.

I'll be grabbing data from the arduino's serial port and sending it to a PC via low-power bluetooth module. I'm using Eclipse to write a program in Java to plot the data in real time from the sensors (Java because I was hoping of port an app on my shitty android phone to view it after developing it on PC)

I've never written a GUI with any programming language.

Would it be unfeasible to learn what I need to within ~1 week to write this GUI (plot signal data in real time on a PC)?

Are there any online resources / tutorials you could recommend that would be good for what I'm trying to do?

any advice is appreciated

pic unrelated
>>
>>949330
I think a week would be a very aggressive schedule for learning what you need to know.

You can't just learn exactly enough to do what you want to do; you have to learn some programming fundamentals first.

Tl;dr technically a very motivated person could do it. Maybe the top 5% of motivated people. Are you in the top 5%?
>>
>>949330
yah easy.
>GUI
uhh, use one of those microsoft visual programming suites.
find the libraries required for getting your serial data and analyzing it. should just be STDIO.h or whatever. get it to print to screen. but before you do that, just write a simple terminal app that just gives you a periodic 1s update of the incoming data printed in plain text to a screen. once you can print that data to a screen then you can just input >> arbitrary output to any app. hell you could make winamp change song when you started working out and your heart rate went above a certain threshold. EYE OF THE TIGER KING OF THE POOP.
>>
>>949355
>>949362
thanks
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.