[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /diy/, I'm making a guitar from a kit I bought and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
hey /diy/, I'm making a guitar from a kit I bought and I thought it would be cool to do a lichtenberg figure on it. The process involves coating the outside with a mixture of water and baking soda and I was wondering how long I should wait for it to dry before I start staining and poly coating it?

The wood is mahogany and I have no idea how long it will take to dry. I've had it sitting in front of a fan for about 2 days. I just don't want the stain to get fucked up or it to start warping from residual moisture later on, it did soak up a decent amount of water (about a cup).
>>
light it on fire
>>
File: shove it.gif (859 KB, 287x206) Image search: [Google]
shove it.gif
859 KB, 287x206
>>949112
Stick it up your butt

But honestly a few days maybe, what kind of humidity/temps are we talking about?
>>
>>949112
You might consider throwing it in a trash bag with a container of damp rid. Just don't let any of the desiccant touch the wood, but sealing the guitar and the open container of damp rid in a bag for a day or two should dry it right out.
>>
Could take months to air dry properly. Doing it too fast will compromise the structural integrity of the wood.
>>
>>949860
Interesting, I'll look into that. Could doing that compromise the structure of the wood like >>949875 said? I don't want to have to wait months if I don't need to, but I'd rather have wait than have something that will break in the future

>>949855
It's like 60F and 70% humidity where I live.
>>
>>949112
Thanks op, I now know what to put on my cocobolo axe handle.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.