[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live in an apartment and want a DIY pull up bar that takes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: FYLC9X3FKR11C6U.LARGE.jpg (85 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
FYLC9X3FKR11C6U.LARGE.jpg
85 KB, 1024x768
I live in an apartment and want a DIY pull up bar that takes up no space. But I'm afraid of weak door frames. Last thing I want to do is tear my door frame off.

Anyone have experience with low-impact DIY pull up bars? Any ideas?
>>
>>949084
They have them for 15 bucks at walmart. Some things just dont make sense to diy. But if you really want to ive seen someone on youtube make one out of those handles old people use in the shower and some metal pipe. Looked like shit but seemed to work pretty well.
>>
>>949089
Oh I know they sell cheap ones in stores, but I'd be wary about their impact on the frame and wall. Any experience, anon?
>>
>>949090
Yessir i have the cheapass one from walmart and ive been using it about a year and everything appears ok. I was pretty fat when i started using it so i wouldnt be worried if i was you.
>>
>>949090
They are perfectly fine structurally, otherwise it wouldn't be a product. It is fine if it is not sliding off or something.
>>
>>949094
Good to know, thanks anon.
>>
>>949084
Just go to a gym, or failing that a playground
>>
>>949084
My college roommate had a shitty as seen on tv one in a shitty apartment and it didn't damage anything.
>>
just do pull ups on the door frame
>>
>>949084
Idk where mine came from but it has foam pads on it. But none of the force is applied to the actual top of the door. Its actually applied to the sides. My 210lb father can use it without bating an eye. So you should be okay. As long as retards didnt build the place your living in after all...
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.