[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wire reels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Just made a sweet coffee table out of shit I had laying around, anyone else got one?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Parts used
1 wire reel
3 x 3' sheet of 1/2 plywood for top
6 3/8 " dowels
1 chunk of handrail
1/2" misc wood for shelves
3 x 3' bit of carpet for anti scuff bottom
1/2 EMT straps bent for shelf braces
12 1/4" hex head screws
Glue
Paint

Tools used
jigsaw
Drill w 3/8 bit
Big black dick for ass
Caulking gun
1/4" hex head bit
Level
Table saw for straight cuts
>>
looks nice, good job mate : )
>>
i stripped down and finished a big ass spool for a dinner table, it's big enough to get 4 bar stools around, i'll try and get some pics of the top it's all taken apart for storage
>>
>>948680
That's a sweet splinter dispenser mate.
>>
File: DSCF0232.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0232.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>949544
here is a shot of the top, it's been moved a couple of times and could use some sanding and another coat or two of finish
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>949546
I don't think there will be any splinters sir, I sanded it till I got blisters and filled all the holes with wood putty pulling out staples as I went along, then painted two really thick coats of weather proof exterior paint, I thought around the splinter problem dude. Here is the finished project decorated with a bottle garden project a pyramid wren bird house ( that took an hour to make ) and the Buddha
>>
>>948680
I've been meaning to pick on up and do this shit with it, always in the wrong car when I see one...
Nice work though.
You selling it?
>>
>>949557
looks nice, you should find some way to patch those damn holes though.
take a circle saw and cut the holes clean through to a standard size, then turn some wood and make some circle plugs to hammer in there and then restain it.
post pictures afterwards cause I just pulled this solution out of my ass and it sounds legit so I need to know if it works.
>>
>>950471
>circle saw
I mean whatever shows up when you google "hole saw". its like a cylinder saw blade that goes in a drill.
>>
>>950471
thanks anon

the ragged looking ones are where the bolts go through i didn't plan on recessing them the way they are and wound up having to do it after the table was finished, some day i'll take a small drum sander for a drill and clean them up and finish them
>>
>>950479
There is also 4 other holes + the center spool.
I'm not saying that it doesn't look good as is, but if you pretty up the bolt holes, and patch the 4 miscellaneous holes then that thing could have some class. I visualize it with a dark brown stain, maybe a piece of glass ontop, but it would look good with or without the glass.
>>
>>950482
it isn't as yellow as the picture looks, the lighting in my shop makes it look that way, i was thinking a heavy epoxy coat when i get around to redoing the finish, i like the metal rimmed hole in the center, maybe recess a plug an inch or so below it's top edge and fill the other 4 to keep shit from falling in.
>>
>>950486
I saw a trick in a home make over show and they plugged the center hole with a potted plant. It made for a really nice table decoration. Just buy a fake plant if it doesent get sunlight but if in sun grow some wheat grass or herbs you could add to your dinner. Fixed
>>
>>950613
i used to keep a drinking glass full of silverware in the center
>>
Reminds me of my college days. My dad is an electrician so all of my college apartment furniture was spools.
>>
>>950454
I hadn't considered selling it but now I'm curious on how much you would pay for something like this?
>>
>>950620
oh god, we have cats and messy people. I cant imagine how contaminated all the silverware would get if we did that here.
>>
>>950776
didn't have any pets, the only thing was dust so i just wiped them on my sleeve, the last place i lived people would drop beer caps down inside and when i moved i threw out a large trash bag that was 2/3 or 3/4 full
>>
>>950647
i'll give you tree fiddy or blow job from my uncle
>>
>>950831
people treat every surface of our kitchen as a trash can. the sink is constantly full to the point you cant even wash your hands in it. they don't wash the dishes off before putting them in the sink to sit for a week. among the dishes in the sink are fast food cups, the paper kind that cant even be reused. there is no counter space for any food prep because of all the stuff left out and the trash like paper towels and cellophane and empty food cartons that they don't throw away. to top things off the cat box is in the kitchen cause no other room so due to the dust I consider everything contaminated anyway.
I wash plates, pans, and silverware before and after I am done with it. I could never just leave stuff out, especially after here.

The trash can and stove are right next to the dish drainer, one night someone fried one of those reusable hand warmers and it exploded allover fucking everything. the only reason I know about it was I had to ask why the roll over paper towels was coated in some silver shit
>>
>>950872
it sounds like you live with lazy assholes, i've lived with people like that and i did wash everything before i used it, although mostly because if i needed something i had to go find it and wash the crap that set rock hard on it before i could, i have also lived with the opposite type, super anal about that kind of stuff so i had a good idea that there was nothing to worry about
>>
>>950857
offer accepted, (it was at that point i noticed his uncle was a giant crustacean from the paleolithic era, but i still allowed it to blow me) feels good man!!!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.