[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i want to teach myself Russian what apps websites and/or things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Wild Cosmonaut Ride.png (740 KB, 767x750) Image search: [Google]
Wild Cosmonaut Ride.png
740 KB, 767x750
So i want to teach myself Russian what apps websites and/or things should i do to teach myself a foreign language?
>>
Have you ever heard about Duolingo?
>>
>>948378
No. Is it free i have zero cash to throw around?
>>
>>948380
Yes it's free though you should use it strictly as a supplement. You're probably not going to learn any language solely from Duolingo, not well at least.

Also, Russian is hard, what other languages can you speak?
>>
>>948384
None only language i had in high school was sign language. Although i am going into this knowing Russian is one of the hardest languages to learn only surpassed by some Asian block languages.
>>
>>948387
Some famous polyglot once said that the most important thing while learning a language is convincing yourself you're a gifted linguist.

Starting with something closer to English rather than going in dry with Russian would be my advice, once you get used to the learning curve of acquiring a new language it'll be far less frustrating getting the next one.
>>
Start by learning about Cyrillic and then go from there. RT has some stuff to get you started.

http://learnrussian.rt.com/
>>
>>948347
Play Dota2, CS:GO, or anything remotely competitive but also cheap, you be cyka blyating with the best of them
>>
>>948347
>apps
>websites
Go to the fucking library and read a fucking book.
>>
>>948387
>Russian is one of the hardest languages to learn

Not especially. Once you've got enough Cyrillic to read them, you might be surprised at how easy some of the words are to recognise.
>>
you are also going to need to be drunk to learn it. same way russian kids learn it
>>
>>948384
i speak english and spanish. A german friend told me that russian it's easyer when you speak spanish, because both use the same pronunciation.
You have to learn to read cyrilic tho
>>
Also trying learn Russian because I find Slavs interesting, and would like to get out of this town and experience the world one day. I understand enough Cyrillic enough to sound out words, but I have no idea were to go from here.

Its nice that a surprising amount of our words sound the same, but that's useless since I don't understand the rest of it.

I do know that the Russian fun easy learn app is free and taught me some basic spelling/words, but I can't exactly communicate by saying "cat, dog, camel" all day.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.